15th August 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #21  
Flag Lynnville
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
Unlimited 4g lte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintfyre

He's paying for unlimited data and he's getting unlimited data, Throttling doesn't mean they're suspending his data service. He can still use as much data as he wants at Edge/3G speed

That would be great if it was just an unlimited data
Plan but T-Mobile's plan is unlimited 4g lte not just unlimited data.
The Following User Says Thank You to zombiecidal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #22  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 329

1,504 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiecidal

That would be great if it was just an unlimited data
Plan but T-Mobile's plan is unlimited 4g lte not just unlimited data.

I have T-Mobile's unlimited plan, and looking through my info I have a soft cap of 2GB LTE, and then I get throttled to edge. I'll still get unlimited, but just at a slower speed. T-Mobile has been soft with the use, and never throttled me, but I've never used so much that I would show on their radar. 2TB to me would warrant a throttle in any case. T-Mobile's unlimited plans are for unlimited use, but not at a constant certain speed. They're just now really going to watch the top offenders. I have no issues with that.

Sent from a Galaxy Note 3 far, far away....
17th August 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #23  
Flag Lynnville
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
Smile In the minority but still entitled to my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

I have T-Mobile's unlimited plan, and looking through my info I have a soft cap of 2GB LTE, and then I get throttled to edge. I'll still get unlimited, but just at a slower speed. T-Mobile has been soft with the use, and never throttled me, but I've never used so much that I would show on their radar. 2TB to me would warrant a throttle in any case. T-Mobile's unlimited plans are for unlimited use, but not at a constant certain speed. They're just now really going to watch the top offenders. I have no issues with that.

Sent from a Galaxy Note 3 far, far away....

i would have to assume you have a different plan than I currently have because I do not have the 50 unlimited I have the 70 unlimited 4g lte plan which I figure he must have. I do not use anywhere in the realm of 2tb but I do not see him as doing anything which is wrong. (before anyone says anything I am grandfathered in at 70 I know the unlimited 4g lte plan currently goes for 80.
17th August 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #24  
Flag Romeo Michigan
Thanks Meter: 8

43 posts
More
not saying he's in the right but if it's unlimited I think it should be unlimited. Granted he's abusing it but still. I read through everything you can download legal stuff and get in that amount doesn't have to be illegal. Granted he probably is in the illegal part. It isn't like health care they have towers it may bog down other peoples speed but this is no way is like health care going twice a day. I don't think there is more wear and tear on the towers which i don't think. I believe it's just normal maintenance so saying it cost them more is kinda absurd to me for people to use more.

Data is not a physical thing so we can't really compare it to other physical items.

Also what it cost for the cable company (probably less for cell phone companies) is 1.9cents a gb and 8.9 cents at high rates of data if everyone was using the service constantly(see end for a blog that calculated the price of data for a cable company). So the real problem here is he's using up the bandwidth for others which i bet most never noticed or else he would to and def not get up to 2tb. ( this is possible but he must of saved everything he wanted to download for that month lol)

just my thoughts

where I got those numbers from for prices
" http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/brain...case-scenario/ "
17th August 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 523

1,792 posts
More
All they said is that they will contact people and slow them down if they refuse to change, when the network is busy and their activity is causing problems. Not cut off, not charged extra. That seems quite reasonable.

I do take issue with calling it unlimited and then placing limits on it, but it's the most reasonable response I've seen from a provider.
17th August 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #26  
Flag RICHMOND
Thanks Meter: 53

526 posts
Donate to Me
More
anyone going the VPN route ? im thinking if it means i can keep my unlimited plan at high speeds and tether or whatever i need to with no worrys
18th August 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #27  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 655

2,254 posts
More
Of course this was gonna happen, look at that one thread aptly named how much data you use in our forums and you see crazy ammounts of data being used. Must have been nice living right by a tower or having constant LTE connection to be utililizing it for your p2p downloading, video and music streaming is one thing but geez stop being greedy and just pay for fiber internet at home for the p2p downloading. Unlimited data is just that whether that is 4g lte or edge as long as your not paying overage fees, you cant complain about tmobile doing this when when att and verizon are more than willing to charge you.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
18th August 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 71

401 posts
If someone has the Time..... to use 2TB of DATA on any network type mobile or home then that is abuse and they should have limits imposed on them.... you can always tell how someone was raised. You give someone an inch, they take a mile... you give them a mile they want to take round trips... ridiculous

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bipoler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread