Post Reply

Galaxy Note 3 Revisions?!

OP nxneko

2nd July 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
nxneko's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 36
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Today I found something interesting.

My first N3 was a white 900T, the back had no stampings and the home button was the one that could shift and look un-even, basically what all note 3 have. My N9005 was also this way & my 900P too.

Today I received another 900T which took some heritage from the NOTE 2 & has the silver living with the same kind of button used in the N2 that could not slide around and makes it tighter. This one also has the body stamped with device model # in the plastic unlike any of the other N3 which did not. It is also now Stamped TM in grey on the bottom. The Blacks are also not as sharp on the new N3 screen is more washed out but barely.... But I dont know if that is the glass screen protector or not.
3rd July 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #2  
Techngro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 129
 
661 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxneko

Today I found something interesting.

My first N3 was a white 900T, the back had no stampings and the home button was the one that could shift and look un-even, basically what all note 3 have. My N9005 was also this way & my 900P too.

Today I received another 900T which took some heritage from the NOTE 2 & has the silver living with the same kind of button used in the N2 that could not slide around and makes it tighter. This one also has the body stamped with device model # in the plastic unlike any of the other N3 which did not. It is also now Stamped TM in grey on the bottom. The Blacks are also not as sharp on the new N3 screen is more washed out but barely.... But I dont know if that is the glass screen protector or not.

Can you post pics of what you're referring to please? It's hard to tell what you're talking about just from your description.

Also, my Note 3 doesn't have a problem with the home button shifting.
3rd July 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #3  
nxneko's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 36
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro

Can you post pics of what you're referring to please? It's hard to tell what you're talking about just from your description.

Also, my Note 3 doesn't have a problem with the home button shifting.

some home buttons can develop an issue where the corners go limp and also. If you put your fingers to each side of button you can wiggle it pretty decently. But this note has the style from note 2 has 0 wiggle like all the other note 3 and looks nicer
nothing

if you take your battery door off does the plastic on the bottom say 900t and some numbers? And also stamped TM? It would be to the right of the metal square. Theres an N2 pic ill take n3 one soon.

I tried to knife it off incase it was a sticker but it turned out not to be.
3rd July 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #4  
Techngro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 129
 
661 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxneko

some home buttons can develop an issue where the corners go limp and also. If you put your fingers to each side of button you can wiggle it pretty decently. But this note has the style from note 2 has 0 wiggle like all the other note 3 and looks nicer
nothing

if you take your battery door off does the plastic on the bottom say 900t and some numbers? And also stamped TM? It would be to the right of the metal square. Theres an N2 pic ill take n3 one soon.

I tried to knife it off incase it was a sticker but it turned out not to be.

Now that you point it out, my Note 3 does have info stamped in two places under the battery cover. On the bottom in the center to the left of the silver square it says N900T_#1-3 and it does say TM under that. But also on the top right, next to the SIM slot, it says N900A/T#4-1. I wonder what those numbers mean.

But my home button is pretty secure besides it moving up and down when I press it.
3rd July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #5  
nxneko's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 36
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro

Now that you point it out, my Note 3 does have info stamped in two places under the battery cover. On the bottom in the center to the left of the silver square it says N900T_#1-3 and it does say TM under that. But also on the top right, next to the SIM slot, it says N900A/T#4-1. I wonder what those numbers mean.

But my home button is pretty secure besides it moving up and down when I press it.

Its most likely just factory stuff so workers can know which pieces go on which revisions. I guess some models are special snowflakes since they are so close together it was probably built in unison at same factory. Others like 900P did not have the stampings....nor did my first 900T.

The button thing is just....plain weird though
3rd July 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Isn't that a pic of a Note 2? The bezel looks like a Note 2 and the it doesn't look like a 3.0 connector either. The 3.0 connector is about as wide as the home button.

Looks just like this Note 2 to me.

Droid Life Note 2

Verizon Note 2
Last edited by chipworkz; 3rd July 2014 at 04:15 PM.
3rd July 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Have you seen a note 3, check the picture. tell me your self the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Bitmap Image.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	2830888  
Last edited by satru; 3rd July 2014 at 05:43 PM.
3rd July 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #8  
nxneko's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 36
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Did...nobody notice "Theres an N2 pic ill take n3 one soon."

nen
4th July 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Sorry no, I guess the "theres" through me off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 General by ThreadRank