Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JUMP

Tip us?

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default JUMP

Thinking I might do a Jump and get a One M8, just wondering if anybody has done a Jump and what I can expect. Getting some strange answers from the T-mobile Chat about assessing the trade in value then subtracting the value from the new phone I want. Sounds strange. Also, what should I bring to the store with me as far as chargers/box/etc. Thanks in advance.
Phone: HTC One M8
ROM: Stock
Radio: stock
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: stock

Tablet : Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM: Stock (at the moment)

~~~RETIRED~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Jumped
Samsung GS2 T989 - Retired
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g Slide - Returned Junk
Mytouch 3g - Died

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.culler View Post
Thinking I might do a Jump and get a One M8, just wondering if anybody has done a Jump and what I can expect. Getting some strange answers from the T-mobile Chat about assessing the trade in value then subtracting the value from the new phone I want. Sounds strange. Also, what should I bring to the store with me as far as chargers/box/etc. Thanks in advance.

wondering this as well not sure im going with the m8 or the lg g3 id like to know what i would need to return with
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN

nxneko
Old
(Last edited by nxneko; 4th July 2014 at 03:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
The way they explained it to you was probably confusing....

When you get jump you are paying extra to essentially "feel like you are upgrading" faster so they do not lose money. You trade in your phone which then t-mobile takes and pays for no more then half. If you have $400 left on a $600 device you are stuck with the difference (around $100~) to use jump. Then TMO makes money right back off you by selling then again as refurbished. Once that happens you are contracted back to a new EIP with Jump, which if you had to pay a down payment on first device it WILL happen again, So do not expect to get the $0 down snowflake upgrade eligibility if you did not first time around.

Lets just put it this way, You have JUMP! for 6 months with a NOTE 3

Device Contract Cost: $717
JUMP! x6mo: $60

6 Months with 0 Down $179.40 payed off $537.60 Left

Trade-in Value : $300 MAX They "will" pay : $358 (Half)

That is $237.60 left to pay if they honor the rest up to half thing they say.... That is still $179.60 left for you to pay before using JUMP!

So $179 + 60 = $239 for "upgrading" even more if you have to swallow the entire $237

IF YOU USED SWAPPA THOUGH!

6 Months with 0 Down $179.40 payed off $537.60 Left

AVG Selling Price: $450~480 (say it sells at 450) You only have $100 left to pay out to upgrade to a new device after fees
Never Satisfied With Her Findings....

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2949
i understand the math im wanting to know what all i have to take back in with me lol

phone yes of course
charger + cord ?
box + all the stuff in it ?

nxneko
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyNutz View Post
i understand the math im wanting to know what all i have to take back in with me lol

phone yes of course
charger + cord ?
box + all the stuff in it ?

phone + cables box does not really matter.
Never Satisfied With Her Findings....
The Following User Says Thank You to nxneko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

docnok63
Old
Thanks Meter 629
I just moved three phones over from Verizon and had Tmo pay my ETF. They only care about two things: 1) The phone has been factory reset and 2) they take the battery out to check for water damage. That's it. No cords. No boxes. No headphones. Just bring the phone.
My is rollin' wit...

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Did my Jump this morning, all they wanted to see was that the phone wasnt damaged beyond normal wear and tear. I had a scuff on the lower corner of my N3 and he said that was fine, no real damage. I didnt realize that they had changed Jump after it had been launched. The guy at the store informed me that I had the good plan, and after February of this year the device has to be half paid off so its a losing deal now. They gave me a prepaid shipping label, and a padded envelope to ship my N3 to whoever gets it now. they didnt care about any cables or chargers etc. Looking forward to my new HTC One M8.

~~~RETIRED~~~
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g - Died
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phil.culler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.culler View Post
Did my Jump this morning, all they wanted to see was that the phone wasnt damaged beyond normal wear and tear. I had a scuff on the lower corner of my N3 and he said that was fine, no real damage. I didnt realize that they had changed Jump after it had been launched. The guy at the store informed me that I had the good plan, and after February of this year the device has to be half paid off so its a losing deal now. They gave me a prepaid shipping label, and a padded envelope to ship my N3 to whoever gets it now. they didnt care about any cables or chargers etc. Looking forward to my new HTC One M8.

so wait they ship you your new phone or did you leave with it ?

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
I left with a new phone and a prepaid envelope to ship my old phone back. New phone was 0 down and tax free (delaware) so it cost me nothing to even jump.

~~~RETIRED~~~
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g - Died
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phil.culler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amazin1988
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Yeah its gonna cost me nothing not jump but to pay the taxes which is $42 so that depends on a person credit run.

iTzXAMaZiN On Note 3