Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing Cyanogenmod 11

Tip us?

androidmasterrace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Flashing Cyanogenmod 11

I am thinking on flashing cyanogen mod 11 on my note 3 with twrp recovery. This is my first time with a custom ROM and I want to know if there is a chance I could brick my device and if there is then is it fixeable?

willham
Old
Thanks Meter 60
You shouldn't have any problems flashing cm11. Just make sure it's for our phone and do a clean install.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

androidmasterrace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Cm 11

Ok I just want to know if there is any chance of complications and what some of the most common one are

willham
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I actually just flashed cm11 about 30 mins ago and have no problems. Just make sure to do a clean install and enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2949
I miss cm from my nexus 5 days... Feel like you would loose to much functionality with flashing a rom like cm11

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN

jdidtht
Old
(Last edited by jdidtht; 1st July 2014 at 06:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmasterrace View Post
I am thinking on flashing cyanogen mod 11 on my note 3 with twrp recovery. This is my first time with a custom ROM and I want to know if there is a chance I could brick my device and if there is then is it fixeable?
Very very hard and almost impossible to completely brick a Samsung, and its almost always fixable . Just make sure on your laptop you have the stock or stock rooted firmware and an odinable recovery so if u need to get out of a bind via Odin your all set.. Also make a backup of your current ROM via twrp so if u hate it or if its too buggy you can just restore it. Just make sure you have the cm version of your choice, and maybe a cm kernel of two on hand for fun, fresh install as users have stated and flash away.

Juanito216
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyNutz View Post
I miss cm from my nexus 5 days... Feel like you would loose to much functionality with flashing a rom like cm11

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Its not like its gone for good. Can make a TW backup if one wants those features back. It's like the best of both worlds, except we don't get updates as fast as a Nexus, N3 hardware is better though.
1st Android phone - Droid X(sold) > DINC(owned by my father now, currently running CM7) > NS4G(traded for EVO 3D) > EVO 3D(sold) > Sprint Galaxy S II(sold) > T-Mobile LG Optimus L9(sold) > T-Mobile Nexus 4(mother owns it now, running AOSPA) > T-Mobile Note 3(between Touchwiz and AOSP)

Computer Specs: Core i7, 6gb/ram, Dualboot Windows 8.1/Linux Mint 16 Petra