Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashing Cyanogenmod 11

OP androidmasterrace

1st July 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
I am thinking on flashing cyanogen mod 11 on my note 3 with twrp recovery. This is my first time with a custom ROM and I want to know if there is a chance I could brick my device and if there is then is it fixeable?
1st July 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 62

367 posts
More
You shouldn't have any problems flashing cm11. Just make sure it's for our phone and do a clean install.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st July 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Cm 11
Ok I just want to know if there is any chance of complications and what some of the most common one are
1st July 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #4  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 62

367 posts
More
I actually just flashed cm11 about 30 mins ago and have no problems. Just make sure to do a clean install and enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st July 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #5  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,198

11,754 posts
More
I miss cm from my nexus 5 days... Feel like you would loose to much functionality with flashing a rom like cm11

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
1st July 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,267

2,278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmasterrace

I am thinking on flashing cyanogen mod 11 on my note 3 with twrp recovery. This is my first time with a custom ROM and I want to know if there is a chance I could brick my device and if there is then is it fixeable?

Very very hard and almost impossible to completely brick a Samsung, and its almost always fixable . Just make sure on your laptop you have the stock or stock rooted firmware and an odinable recovery so if u need to get out of a bind via Odin your all set.. Also make a backup of your current ROM via twrp so if u hate it or if its too buggy you can just restore it. Just make sure you have the cm version of your choice, and maybe a cm kernel of two on hand for fun, fresh install as users have stated and flash away.
Last edited by jdidtht; 1st July 2014 at 07:44 PM.
2nd July 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 107

607 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyNutz

I miss cm from my nexus 5 days... Feel like you would loose to much functionality with flashing a rom like cm11

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Its not like its gone for good. Can make a TW backup if one wants those features back. It's like the best of both worlds, except we don't get updates as fast as a Nexus, N3 hardware is better though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread