Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 KitKat Knox 0x0 root here?

Tip us?
 
Dreamgun
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default [Q] Note 3 KitKat Knox 0x0 root here?

Found this German page just off of Google with what appears to have a guide on rooting kitkat without voiding knox...

http://www.mobtivity.com/de/news/gal...-knox-0x0.html

I posted the link in another thread as well, but figure a new thread will give it some more attention.
Not sure if this would even work on the T-Mobile note 3.
I've never personally rooted before, but planning to once a knox friendly method has been confirmed for KitKat!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamgun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WellTrainedVC
Old
#2  
WellTrainedVC's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 79
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arvada, CO
Interesting. Going to have to look into the original No-Knox Trip thread too.
 
joetzzz
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 29
Join Date: May 2006
Default SUCCESS! 4.4.2 KitKat Rooted with Knox 0x0!

Success! Followed the German guide in the link and now I have 4.4.2 KitKat Rooted with Knox 0x0! Below is the bootloader file that I created and used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgun View Post
Found this German page just off of Google with what appears to have a guide on rooting kitkat without voiding knox...

http://www.mobtivity.com/de/news/gal...-knox-0x0.html

I posted the link in another thread as well, but figure a new thread will give it some more attention.
Not sure if this would even work on the T-Mobile note 3.
I've never personally rooted before, but planning to once a knox friendly method has been confirmed for KitKat!
Attached Files
File Type: rar N900TUVUCNB4_BL.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1,020.1 KB, 441 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joetzzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Dreamgun
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetzzz View Post
Success! Followed the German guide in the link and now I have 4.4.2 KitKat Rooted with Knox 0x0! Below is the bootloader file that I created and used.
Awesome stuff haha. I wonder how this roots without voiding knox
 
belozeroff
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Feb 2006
I wonder if there were more successes?
TMO SM Note 3
 
Muffycheeks
Old
#6  
Muffycheeks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 543
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetzzz View Post
Success! Followed the German guide in the link and now I have 4.4.2 KitKat Rooted with Knox 0x0! Below is the bootloader file that I created and used.
Could you post us a picture of your phone with the proof....seeing is believing.
Don't just say thanks.... HIT THANKS BUTTON.... if I helped you
 
droidkevlar
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 478
Posts: 2,441
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetzzz View Post
Success! Followed the German guide in the link and now I have 4.4.2 KitKat Rooted with Knox 0x0! Below is the bootloader file that I created and used.
So you followed every step and just used the bootloader file you uploaded instead of theirs and you are now rooted with KNOX 0x0? Not that I dont believe you, but can you show a screen shot of this please?
Current Device: LG G3 r00ted

InsertCoin M8 SVN Builds - Click Here
 
joetzzz
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 29
Join Date: May 2006
My words are my proof, my friend. It's too much trouble for me right now to have to take picture of the Download mode screen. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffycheeks View Post
Could you post us a picture
of your phone with the proof....seeing is believing.
 
belozeroff
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgun View Post
Found this German page just off of Google with what appears to have a guide on rooting kitkat without voiding knox...

http://www.mobtivity.com/de/news/gal...-knox-0x0.html

I posted the link in another thread as well, but figure a new thread will give it some more attention.
Not sure if this would even work on the T-Mobile note 3.
I've never personally rooted before, but planning to once a knox friendly method has been confirmed for KitKat!
THIS IS T-Mobile Note 3 Forum, why are saying: "Not sure if this would even work on the T-Mobile note 3" ???

wrong forum...
TMO SM Note 3
 
joetzzz
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 29
Join Date: May 2006
Yes. Just follow the steps. The trickiest part is the extracting bootloader. I had to open the command prompt, go to the folder, and run the batch file, instead of running it directly from Windows explorer. That's why I posted the file here for others to benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
So you followed every step and just used the bootloader file you uploaded instead of theirs and you are now rooted with KNOX 0x0? Not that I dont believe you, but can you show a screen shot of this please?


---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

I confirm that it works on my T-Mobile Note 3 SM-N900T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belozeroff View Post
THIS IS T-Mobile Note 3 Forum, why are saying: "Not sure if this would even work on the T-Mobile note 3" ???

wrong forum...

The Following User Says Thank You to joetzzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes