FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Google+ video auto backup issue.

12th July 2014, 12:15 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hialeah, FL
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I decided to use google+'s auto backup feature to backup my photos and videos. I always used dropbox but wanted to give google a chance since storage pricing are a lot cheaper.

My issue is that on settings I have it set up to upload at full. However, videos recorded at a resolution of 1920x1080 get resized to the following resolutions:

854x480 and 320x240 - Actual video sizes seem to remain same as originals.

I have 100gb of storage and have only used 2.3gb. Is this a known issue; is there anyway to get the videos to upload at theor original resolutions?

Also, once photos and videos are uploaded, is it safe to delete them from my Note 3's sd card?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

20th July 2014, 02:40 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hialeah, FL
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Bump!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro
9th April 2015, 06:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I'm not sure if you found the answer anywhere else but I just noticed this today also and wasn't able to find any information on it. But looking more into it, I realized the videos are correctly uploaded at full 1920x1080 size if you check from google+ on the web instead of the google+ photos app on your phone. I even downloaded a video onto my computer to verify and that is probably also why the video storage size is still the same as on your phone. Once a video is uploaded, you have the flexibility of viewing it in a lower resolution online and I guess the google+ app only allows you to view in the lower resolution even though its uploaded and available at the higher resolution. So its safe to delete the videos and photos from your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread