Front Camera

OP chargedbird

29th August 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

96 posts
Hey everybody,
My front camera is not working, however the rear camera works just fine. What could cause this problem? if the rear camera works 'then why doesn't the front camera wont work. Any and all information troubleshooting this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Brad
29th August 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 45

227 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargedbird

Hey everybody,
My front camera is not working, however the rear camera works just fine. What could cause this problem? if the rear camera works 'then why doesn't the front camera wont work. Any and all information troubleshooting this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Brad

Try clearing the cache for the camera? Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to camera>click on it>click clear cache.
30th August 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 96

460 posts
if I was you, first I would look into software, like clearing cache, maybe even full reset, if nothing, then I would open the phone and disconnect the cam and clean connector then plug it back. if that still didn't work and I needed front camera I would look to buy new front cam module and replace it, shouldn't cost more than $20 and there are plenty youtube how to videos.
Of course first and most obvious option would be to send it to Samsung under warranty, but just in case that won't work, you do have DIY options.
Also I'm assuming you're not running custom software or tried to update camera firmware with S5 version for example, because that would be obvious and you would mention it at the beginning.
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread