FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

How do I root a tmobile sm-n900t (4.4.2)?

449 posts
Thanks Meter: 104
 
By PhxDroid86, Senior Member on 19th August 2014, 06:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can anyone help point me to the right links and directions please.

Every single post has outdated steps or bad downloads and my girlfriend needs her phone for work in the morning! Thanks in advace

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
19th August 2014, 07:18 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,677
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: root N900T
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxDroid86

Can anyone help point me to the right links and directions please.

Every single post has outdated steps or bad downloads and my girlfriend needs her phone for work in the morning! Thanks in advace

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Simply flash the CF-autoroot TAR using Odin for full root access.
Here is the direct download link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mn900t.tar.md5

In case you need Odin, here is the direct link to it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45687485/Odin85.zip

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 09:09 AM |#3  
PhxDroid86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

Simply flash the CF-autoroot TAR using Odin for full root access.
Here is the direct download link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mn900t.tar.md5

In case you need Odin, here is the direct link to it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45687485/Odin85.zip

Good luck!

links are marked as malicious.. Should I trust them?

Do you have something newer
19th August 2014, 01:50 PM |#4  
Anonymously_Unknown's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Yes, you can trust this.

This method only takes seconds to root your device.
19th August 2014, 07:12 PM |#5  
PhxDroid86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymously_Unknown

Yes, you can trust this.

This method only takes seconds to root your device.

Will this work with NF4 update? Ive seen that some had to flash back to "NE6" (or something like that) in order to get it to work.... Thanks for the help
19th August 2014, 07:17 PM |#6  
Anonymously_Unknown's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
It worked fine for me on stock NF4

What you need to get is MrSkip's Android Toolkit to make the process fool-proof (literally). If I find it, I'll post it.

Edit: http://www.skipsoft.net/?wpdmpro=ski...toolkit-v1-2-8

This is the answer to all your rooting problems. Just download it on a Windows PC and follow the onscreen steps. You won't mess this up even on the latest firmware.
Last edited by Anonymously_Unknown; 19th August 2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Posted URL to the solution
The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymously_Unknown For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 10:20 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
The whole NE6 issue is when you DON'T want to trip Knox. If you have already done it, or don't care, then you don't need to worry about that method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxDroid86

Will this work with NF4 update? Ive seen that some had to flash back to "NE6" (or something like that) in order to get it to work.... Thanks for the help

The Following User Says Thank You to CravingMender9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 06:01 AM |#8  
PhxDroid86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Used MSkip with the Note 2... worked really good so glad to see his work here as well

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes