Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

n900t on att, data keeps dropping out

OP sd97cl

15th August 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

95 posts
Was on nf1 and experienced lte data dropping out of nowhere. It happened once everyday, sometimes more than that. After a toggling data on and off it would work again.

I updated to NF4 and problems have continued. Anybody else having this issue?
15th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag The Icarus v2
Thanks Meter: 67

595 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd97cl

Was on nf1 and experienced lte data dropping out of nowhere. It happened once everyday, sometimes more than that. After a toggling data on and off it would work again.

No.

I do see that when the phone transitions between 4G and LTE or vice versa, I loose data for a few seconds. But that is rare.
15th August 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #3  
sacramento, ca
Thanks Meter: 20

189 posts
More
I've been experiencing this forever. Seems like no one else is though. Only thing I can do is toggle airplane mode on and off and deal with it...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
16th August 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
I ues aosp. It goes from lte to h+ something. Is that considered data dropping?
17th August 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbbr

I ues aosp. It goes from lte to h+ something. Is that considered data dropping?

If you can still use data than no. Data dropping is when it completely cuts out.
24th August 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #6  

57 posts
I have an N900t on T-Mobile but was experiencing the same random signal loss/no data issue as the OP after the 4.4.2 OTA and updating the baseband to NF4. Afterwords I rooted using the (CF-Auto-Root) for NF4 method and installed the Effortless 4.4.2 stock based ROM. Had the same signal issues so I went back to stock NF4. I immediately got notification for update to baseband NF9. Did the update and so far so good on the sudden random dropped signal issues. Now trying to figure out if the Rooting NF4 (CF-Auto-Root) still applys to rooting the phone after the NF9 update.
25th August 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 613

1,622 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk

I have an N900t on T-Mobile but was experiencing the same random signal loss/no data issue as the OP after the 4.4.2 OTA and updating the baseband to NF4. Afterwords I rooted using the (CF-Auto-Root) for NF4 method and installed the Effortless 4.4.2 stock based ROM. Had the same signal issues so I went back to stock NF4. I immediately got notification for update to baseband NF9. Did the update and so far so good on the sudden random dropped signal issues. Now trying to figure out if the Rooting NF4 (CF-Auto-Root) still applys to rooting the phone after the NF9 update.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your "About Device" page showing the baseband and build? TIA
25th August 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #8  

57 posts
Screenshot from my N900T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-24.png
Views:	105
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	2910788  
The Following User Says Thank You to jackk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 125

1,287 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd97cl

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Usually turning on airplane mode then turning it back off fixes it. I updated to nf4 a few days ago and still have the issue. Stock t-mobile rom, not rooted, service with t-mobile.
25th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 613

1,622 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Usually turning on airplane mode then turning it back off fixes it. I updated to nf4 a few days ago and still have the issue. Stock t-mobile rom, not rooted, service with t-mobile.

I'm nf4 and updating stopped the data drops on lte but on switching to 4g data takes about a minute to respond, on NB4 lte would become unresponsive. ..so that seems fixed for me on nf4.......i did a full wipe including internal sdcard and everything has been working fine except the handoff to 4g. Don't know if it helped but i took out sim during the whole process. Ran stock nf4 firmware with pc odin, then rooted and replaced custom recovery then booted to recovery wiped everything except External Sd then rebooted the recovery back into the recovery then flashed the rom I'm currently running.
In your case since your mostly stock I'd get the pc odin tar, remove the sim, then run odin and select the "update bootloader" switch (or something like that) and run it and then boot into the rom (still without sim) setup phone then power down and pop sim in and try the features again that you've had problems with.
(^^^just a suggestion, maybe someone else has a fix)
Also backup your internal sdcard prior just to be safe.

The Following User Says Thank You to louforgiveno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread