Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

n900t on att, data keeps dropping out

Tip us?

sd97cl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default n900t on att, data keeps dropping out

Was on nf1 and experienced lte data dropping out of nowhere. It happened once everyday, sometimes more than that. After a toggling data on and off it would work again.

I updated to NF4 and problems have continued. Anybody else having this issue?

mycomputerisjunk
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd97cl View Post
Was on nf1 and experienced lte data dropping out of nowhere. It happened once everyday, sometimes more than that. After a toggling data on and off it would work again.

No.

I do see that when the phone transitions between 4G and LTE or vice versa, I loose data for a few seconds. But that is rare.
Phone: I can never just pick one..

Partial List

LG G2, LG F3, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3, iPhone 2G, LG Optimus G, Nexus 4, HTC One, HTC One S (x3), Galaxy Note 2 Verizon (2x), Galaxy Note 2 International, HTC 8X, Nexus, Galaxy S3, HTC One X, HTC Rezound, Droid DNA, LG Optimus V, HTC Sensation, HTC MyTouch 3G, HTC Hero, Palm Pre (ya, I said it)

dragonsamus
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I've been experiencing this forever. Seems like no one else is though. Only thing I can do is toggle airplane mode on and off and deal with it...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
work hard, play harder

polarbbr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I ues aosp. It goes from lte to h+ something. Is that considered data dropping?

sd97cl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbbr View Post
I ues aosp. It goes from lte to h+ something. Is that considered data dropping?

If you can still use data than no. Data dropping is when it completely cuts out.

jackk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have an N900t on T-Mobile but was experiencing the same random signal loss/no data issue as the OP after the 4.4.2 OTA and updating the baseband to NF4. Afterwords I rooted using the (CF-Auto-Root) for NF4 method and installed the Effortless 4.4.2 stock based ROM. Had the same signal issues so I went back to stock NF4. I immediately got notification for update to baseband NF9. Did the update and so far so good on the sudden random dropped signal issues. Now trying to figure out if the Rooting NF4 (CF-Auto-Root) still applys to rooting the phone after the NF9 update.
Asus T100 Windows 8.1
Asus TF700T Infinity
Asus TF300T Transformer Blue & Red
Nexus 7 (2013) (2)
Nexus 7 (2012) (4)

Phones:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T, SM-N900P, SM-N900A
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N700, SGH-T889, SCH-i506, SCH-i317
Samsung Galaxy Note i717 (3)
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9502 Dual Sim
AT&T One X Evita (3)
AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

louforgiveno
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk View Post
I have an N900t on T-Mobile but was experiencing the same random signal loss/no data issue as the OP after the 4.4.2 OTA and updating the baseband to NF4. Afterwords I rooted using the (CF-Auto-Root) for NF4 method and installed the Effortless 4.4.2 stock based ROM. Had the same signal issues so I went back to stock NF4. I immediately got notification for update to baseband NF9. Did the update and so far so good on the sudden random dropped signal issues. Now trying to figure out if the Rooting NF4 (CF-Auto-Root) still applys to rooting the phone after the NF9 update.
Would you mind posting a screenshot of your "About Device" page showing the baseband and build? TIA
"I was looking back to see, If she was looking back to see, If I was looking back at her"

jackk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Screenshot from my N900T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-24.png
Views:	103
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	2910788  
Asus T100 Windows 8.1
Asus TF700T Infinity
Asus TF300T Transformer Blue & Red
Nexus 7 (2013) (2)
Nexus 7 (2012) (4)

Phones:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T, SM-N900P, SM-N900A
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N700, SGH-T889, SCH-i506, SCH-i317
Samsung Galaxy Note i717 (3)
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9502 Dual Sim
AT&T One X Evita (3)
AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
The Following User Says Thank You to jackk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WatermelonSlim
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd97cl View Post

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Usually turning on airplane mode then turning it back off fixes it. I updated to nf4 a few days ago and still have the issue. Stock t-mobile rom, not rooted, service with t-mobile.

louforgiveno
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
Yes, I'm having the same issue. Usually turning on airplane mode then turning it back off fixes it. I updated to nf4 a few days ago and still have the issue. Stock t-mobile rom, not rooted, service with t-mobile.
I'm nf4 and updating stopped the data drops on lte but on switching to 4g data takes about a minute to respond, on NB4 lte would become unresponsive. ..so that seems fixed for me on nf4.......i did a full wipe including internal sdcard and everything has been working fine except the handoff to 4g. Don't know if it helped but i took out sim during the whole process. Ran stock nf4 firmware with pc odin, then rooted and replaced custom recovery then booted to recovery wiped everything except External Sd then rebooted the recovery back into the recovery then flashed the rom I'm currently running.
In your case since your mostly stock I'd get the pc odin tar, remove the sim, then run odin and select the "update bootloader" switch (or something like that) and run it and then boot into the rom (still without sim) setup phone then power down and pop sim in and try the features again that you've had problems with.
(^^^just a suggestion, maybe someone else has a fix)
Also backup your internal sdcard prior just to be safe.
"I was looking back to see, If she was looking back to see, If I was looking back at her"

The Following User Says Thank You to louforgiveno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]