5,814,939 Members 45,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

phone randomly goes directly to vm, no notification call occured, cont asks to reset

Tip us?

BPRN
Old
(Last edited by BPRN; 30th August 2014 at 01:32 AM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Location phone randomly goes directly to vm, no notification call occured, cont asks to reset

Reset app preferences! Any fixes for these issues?? Have cleared cache partition,. got 2 new sim cards to no avail. Randomly mine n my husbands phones go straight to vm without ringing or showing missed calls!! Same for my son in another state. Cust svc is no help. Have cleared app preferences multi times. Anyone else with these issues?! Any help appreciated.

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I had that on mine when I was running 4.3, but only with wifi calling. first random incoming calls, then all incoming calls would go straight into voice mail and then I couldn't even call out on wifi. Temporary solution was to change preferences to cellular calling from wifi calling. Then I updated to 4.4.2 (nf4) and its fixed now and it works fine with wifi calling and all. I suspected t-mo made some changes in their server software and either accidently or on purpose never tested properly with older firmware, introducing some bug, but feel free to call it wrong guess. The reason I suspected problem was on their side, was that I have not updated or changed my phone at all, since before problem started and installed probably only 1 new program, which later I deleted it as first suspect, but deleting it didn't fix the problem at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smaisonville
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Did you ever install google voice? I was having similar problems because I had installed google voice, then removed it, thinking everything would be fine. It turns out you need to change something on your Google account also. There was a previous thread about google voice.
The Following User Says Thank You to smaisonville For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 73
No google voice in my case. The program I installed I think it's called Wechat for text, voice and video calls over internet. I deleted it after my family came back from overseas vacation since no longer needed, but that didn't fix wifi calling until firmware update. Could have been some settings got messed up and weren't restored until update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaisonville View Post
Did you ever install google voice? I was having similar problems because I had installed google voice, then removed it, thinking everything would be fine. It turns out you need to change something on your Google account also. There was a previous thread about google voice.
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BPRN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up thanks

I reflashed firmware from SamMobile. Appears to be working better. Difficult to tell 100% yet. Appears the app prefernce requests are no longer an issue.