FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Question about Galaxy Note 3

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By forrestbrooks, Junior Member on 1st September 2015, 01:41 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hey, I'm new so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I need help.

So I traded a phone with someone who gave me a locked T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3. He told me it was locked and at first I declined the deal. But then I read about how easy it was to unlock (using purchased unlock codes) but now I can't seem to find the screen that prompts you to enter the information.

I have an active Metro PCS sim card and I tried using that and restoring the phone but through the whole process it never brings me to the "Sim Network Unlock Pin" screen. Does anyone know how to get there??

(PS, I apologize if this is in the wrong area or section. I'm just desperate for help)

1st September 2015, 02:46 AM |#2  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Force Choking Trolls Since 2015
Flag The Dark Side
Thanks Meter: 17,028

More
Hi,

Your device has its own section here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-tmobile

The general and Q&A sections have many great threads at the top, stuck with a thumb tack symbol... And you can ask for help in the Q&A section.

This is definitely not the section to ask for device help.

Cheers,

Darth
Forum Moderator
1st September 2015, 03:06 AM |#3  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestbrooks

Hey, I'm new so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I need help.

So I traded a phone with someone who gave me a locked T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3. He told me it was locked and at first I declined the deal. But then I read about how easy it was to unlock (using purchased unlock codes) but now I can't seem to find the screen that prompts you to enter the information.

I have an active Metro PCS sim card and I tried using that and restoring the phone but through the whole process it never brings me to the "Sim Network Unlock Pin" screen. Does anyone know how to get there??

(PS, I apologize if this is in the wrong area or section. I'm just desperate for help)

MetroPCS operates on the T-Mobile network and doesn't require being unlocked, IIRC. What you'll want to do is borrow a friend's AT&T or Verizon LTE SIM and the screen will just appear on boot. There's another way to get to it via dialer shortcut codes, but I don't recall what it is.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
1st September 2015, 04:06 AM |#4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 5,279

Donate to Me
More
From the Moderator
Like the other member pointed out if you were to put a ATT sim in the phone and boot up it would ask for the unlock code.

You cannot use a GSM Phone (ATT & TMO are GSM) on Verizon which is CDMA.

That said, this thread has gotten its answer so

.............. THREAD CLOSED....................

The Following User Says Thank You to oka1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oka1 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread