Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Question

OP humdrum2009

4th July 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Been thinking of leaving Verizon for T-mobile,how is the coverage.
customer service etc.
4th July 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 36

177 posts
More
Verizons network is 99% lte even if it is slow lte since it was one of the first carriers to have it, days of pulling 60mbps are gone. TMO i prefer because it is less congested so you will pull faster speeds in lte zones and get lower ping. I had a bf who uses tmobiles lte as his home wifi and latency was no issue in mmos whereas in same spot with verizon where I pulled 60/20 with a htc thunderbolt two years ago.... i get 12/4.

Switching also gets you access to free international data & apps like spotify dont use your plan and all plans are unlimited data its just 4G speed caps... 0 overages ever. Magenta plans on converting entire 3g market into lte by end of year I heard so its a solid move. I would do it honestly I have both right now due to parents making me stay on it and tmobile has vastly improved on a monthly basis almost here. If you had asked this two years ago ide of said stay on big red but its not the case anymore.
4th July 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxneko

Verizons network is 99% lte even if it is slow lte since it was one of the first carriers to have it, days of pulling 60mbps are gone. TMO i prefer because it is less congested so you will pull faster speeds in lte zones and get lower ping. I had a bf who uses tmobiles lte as his home wifi and latency was no issue in mmos whereas in same spot with verizon where I pulled 60/20 with a htc thunderbolt two years ago.... i get 12/4.

Switching also gets you access to free international data & apps like spotify dont use your plan and all plans are unlimited data its just 4G speed caps... 0 overages ever. Magenta plans on converting entire 3g market into lte by end of year I heard so its a solid move. I would do it honestly I have both right now due to parents making me stay on it and tmobile has vastly improved on a monthly basis almost here. If you had asked this two years ago ide of said stay on big red but its not the case anymore.

Reason i asked was Facebook was magically eating data to the tune of 3 gb plus ate all my verizon data.
4th July 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #4  
Flag union city NJ
Thanks Meter: 104

676 posts
More
unless you travel check you coverage or just try tmobile for 7 days check out the program

you be out of contract
5th July 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #5  
sacramento, ca
Thanks Meter: 20

182 posts
More
If you have T-Mobile coverage where you live then go for it. Do you have any friends with T-Mobile? If so, ask them to come over and see how the network is. I left VZW for T-Mobile but where I live I have great coverage for both companies.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
7th July 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #6  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 36

177 posts
More
tmobile

verizon in same spot

pick your poison

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
7th July 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,236

1,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdrum2009

Been thinking of leaving Verizon for T-mobile,how is the coverage.
customer service etc.

service and customer service is top ship. I've been with TMO for 12 yrs or so. Depends on the area you are in .. With that you will have to do the research. Customer svc is great with them. I switched to VZ because i moved to an area where tmo had 1 tower and i could not get a signal at work. I've since switched back and found that the lack in coverage, is great compared to the price difference. I'm paying for 5 phones with TMO what i was paying with VZ. At home i'm on wifi. out in town i get 4g. I live just outside of a 4g area probably 2 miles, so when i'm out and about I get great coverage, when i'm at home, i'm on wifi. My TMO 4g speeds are way better then my wifi at the moment with WOW but i'll wait for them to finish their upgrades as TMO just started expanding the network to rural areas outside of urban cities. For me is was price over performance and VZ completely screwed me over with the launch of the G2 that had flaws, they knew about it, and would not let me trade the phone in. Sorry, but telling me wait a month for the update to use my phone was not acceptable. I'm now willingly using my wifi instead of 4g.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread