Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more
Post Reply

Can I upgrade straight from MI7 to NF4?

OP unoriginal

30th August 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
I recently scored a Note 3 for my wife from someone that is going to use the money towards a Note 4 soon. The phone has MI7 which seems to be the original firmware when the Note 3 was released. Can I update straight to NF4, which looks to be the newest release, via Odin or do I have to install any other updates in between?
30th August 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,178
 
722 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unoriginal

I recently scored a Note 3 for my wife from someone that is going to use the money towards a Note 4 soon. The phone has MI7 which seems to be the original firmware when the Note 3 was released. Can I update straight to NF4, which looks to be the newest release, via Odin or do I have to install any other updates in between?

You can upgrade straight to NF4 using Odin.
30th August 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 16
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless

You can upgrade straight to NF4 using Odin.

Anyone have the odin version and the file to update?
30th August 2014, 08:24 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,178
 
722 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsektorll

Anyone have the odin version and the file to update?

Use my guide and files... only do steps 1-8 for updating to NF4 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2765014
30th August 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 16
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless

Use my guide and files... only do steps 1-8 for updating to NF4 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2765014

Followed your great guide, but not working it fails. Updated to NB7 after couldn't go straight to NF4. I still can't flash NF4. Can N900W variant even flash it?
30th August 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,178
 
722 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsektorll

Followed your great guide, but not working it fails. Updated to NB7 after couldn't go straight to NF4. I still can't flash NF4. Can N900W variant even flash it?

No, do not Odin another models firmware. This is meant for the N900T T-Mobile Note 3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes