Post Reply

Bluetooth A2DP stutter cuts out while streaming music

29th October 2013, 03:26 PM   |  #1  
Zylograth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 71
 
787 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2005
Donate to Me
More
I have noticed since I upgraded from GS3 to Note 3 that when I am streaming music to my car stereo the audio will skip or stutter. The song continues to play but the audio cuts out for anywhere up to a second or two. Has anyone else seen this or resolved it?

I have seen some posts that say turning off WiFi fixed it but I still get the skip, if a little less frequently with WiFi turned off.

It seems to go away if I set the developer options to keep the screen awake while charging. So it seems like the CPU clock may be too low during sleep to maintain everything else it is doing as well as audio streaming.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
29th October 2013, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
kabuk1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 186
 
991 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
This happens to me too sometimes. It seems worse when I first start streaming & then it calms down a bit. But it still occasionally skips. I experienced this on my note 2 as well though, so I don't think its an exclusive issue to the N3.
29th October 2013, 04:17 PM   |  #3  
Zylograth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 71
 
787 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2005
Donate to Me
More
This is happening 4 or 5 times per song, so it is quite annoying LOL
29th October 2013, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 129
 
585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylograth

This is happening 4 or 5 times per song, so it is quite annoying LOL

Stock ROM? Stock Kernel? Need more info from both of you.

Sounds like the CPU might be dropping too low when the screen is off, causing the stuttering. You could try a custom kernel with a higher screen off frequency.

Used to happen on my S2 and this was the problem...
29th October 2013, 06:23 PM   |  #5  
Zylograth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 71
 
787 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2005
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idtheftvictim

Stock ROM? Stock Kernel? Need more info from both of you.

Sounds like the CPU might be dropping too low when the screen is off, causing the stuttering. You could try a custom kernel with a higher screen off frequency.

Used to happen on my S2 and this was the problem...

Full stock, I believe that is the problem as it is pretty much resolved when I leave the screen on. Still testing this here and there to be sure.
30th October 2013, 05:14 AM   |  #6  
kabuk1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 186
 
991 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
This has happened to me on every rom & kernel I've tried. Which is pretty much all of them for the N3, and everything from stock to CM on the N2.
31st October 2013, 12:43 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylograth

Full stock, I believe that is the problem as it is pretty much resolved when I leave the screen on. Still testing this here and there to be sure.

I have the same problem on my GN3 international version and yes leaving the screen on WILL solve it. However, that's not a practical solution.

Try this, download Poweramp, go into settings, audio, advanced tweaks, set the audio buffer size to Large (+250ms) and audio thread priority to +2

See if that works for you. If it does, then buy the full version even though I like the timbre effect and bass on the stock music player but this is the only solution, so far.
31st October 2013, 01:10 PM   |  #8  
YellowGTO's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 181
 
508 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylograth

I have noticed since I upgraded from GS3 to Note 3 that when I am streaming music to my car stereo the audio will skip or stutter. The song continues to play but the audio cuts out for anywhere up to a second or two. Has anyone else seen this or resolved it?

I have seen some posts that say turning off WiFi fixed it but I still get the skip, if a little less frequently with WiFi turned off.

It seems to go away if I set the developer options to keep the screen awake while charging. So it seems like the CPU clock may be too low during sleep to maintain everything else it is doing as well as audio streaming.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

What headunit? I run Kenwood KDC-X995, and never had an issue with it cutting out. THe headunit wouldn't display track info though. The way I fixed this is connecting via the Stock Samsung media player., Everything has been a dream since
31st October 2013, 07:44 PM   |  #9  
djtheraven's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 499
 
2,531 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
I had this problem and it just went away after a few reboots and some time. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st November 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
A2DP loss
Note 3 Owner here. Rooted with stock ROM and stock kernel. (T-Mobile)

Experiencing intermittent Bluetooth audio loss as well.

Just contributing to the list.

-Steven M

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes