AT&T Note 4 thread

OP ekerbuddyeker

17th October 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #131  
San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 16

206 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can disable but not un-install the bloat. Just wait I am sure we will have root in time.
17th October 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 37

508 posts
In terms of battery life and perform, would replacing the TW launcher with Nova have any issues? I'm used to installing Nova then freezing the stock launcher.

Is freezing the stock launcher even relevant or necessary anymore?
17th October 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #133  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 51

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigga

Now that the AT&T version is out, is it as locked and full of bloat as expected? Is the bootloader locked? Thanks.

Yes it's locked. Luckily this phone is a beast and hopefully someone will be able to get us root at some point so we can remove all the bloat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jre1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #134  
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 17

147 posts
More
Is the NFC accessible in Google Wallet?
17th October 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #135  
Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 15

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofthemoment

You can disable a lot of the installed bloatware. The only app pre-installed that I couldn't disable was Lookout.

I managed to disable lookout.. I belive you have to go into settings, the section where you find "Device administrators" then remove lookout as a device administrator then you can disable the app..

I have had problems disabling/removing "usage manager", which is basically the battery screen, mobile data screen, and task manager screens all in 1.

also cannot remove "scrapbook"
Last edited by xlr8shun; 17th October 2014 at 07:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xlr8shun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #136  
Flag Austintown, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 118

410 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jre1981

Yes it's locked. Luckily this phone is a beast and hopefully someone will be able to get us root at some point so we can remove all the bloat.

Willing to bet it won't take long at all. The Note 4 is rapidly increasing in popularity now that people can get there hands on it. I'm sure there's something in the works. Heck maybe even Dan Rosenberg will swing around with something like he did with the GS4, unless the ungrateful half of XDA finally made him say no more, which I wouldn't blame him in the slightest amount. I couldn't believe the backlash he got for loki, just disgusting. ..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread