Anyone have a boot loop issue?

Search This thread

Majin Kaioh

Jan 21, 2011
Oregon
Earlier this evening, after texting a friend, my phone rebooted itself.

It appears to be in a boot loop. It will only reboot into rebooting. Never loads Android. I pulled the battery, let it sit for a few minutes, and tried again with no results.

I've not done modding to the phone (mainly because its locked), and will be returning it to my local AT&T store tomorrow. Thankfully I have insurance on my phone, so I shouldn't have an issue getting a new one.

Anybody else had this issue, however? It's really strange.

Last edited:

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
Earlier this evening, after texting a friend, my phone rebooted itself.

It appears to be in a boot loop. It will only reboot into rebooting. Never loads Android. I pulled the battery, let it sit for a few minutes, and tried again with no results.

I've done modding to the phone (mainly because its locked), and will be returning it to my local AT&T store tomorrow. Thankfully I have insurance on my phone, so I shouldn't have an issue getting a new one.

Anybody else had this issue, however? It's really strange.

Read a guide on flashing back to stock. Use ODiN and flash the stock file of your choice in the ATT note 4 forum from Download mode. Google how to boot into download mode. Hold those buttons until phone powers off then keep holding until you see download mode. You will need to install samsung drivers and for ODiN on Windows go to Devices coms and ports and change port to 3 in advanced tab.

Majin Kaioh

Jan 21, 2011
Oregon
Read a guide on flashing back to stock. Use ODiN and flash the stock file of your choice in the ATT note 4 forum from Download mode. Google how to boot into download mode. Hold those buttons until phone powers off then keep holding until you see download mode. You will need to install samsung drivers and for ODiN on Windows go to Devices coms and ports and change port to 3 in advanced tab.
I updated my post to add in a missing word. I havn't done any modding. I do not intend to do any flashing to the device.

I'll be returning it to AT&T tomorrow and getting a new one. My question was if anyone has had this issue before. Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, does not address my question.

I have had my share of boot looping experiences, never from not doing any type of experiments with my devices. nonetheless myself and I'm sure many other people just do what was mentioned in the quote to alleviate that problem.

i know you (OP) mentioned you don't plan on doing any flashing, but i would do that before using insurance personally, even if there was no deductible

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
I updated my post to add in a missing word. I havn't done any modding. I do not intend to do any flashing to the device.

I'll be returning it to AT&T tomorrow and getting a new one. My question was if anyone has had this issue before. Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, does not address my question.

This process is not dangerous if your phone is in a bootloop. Hell AT&T or whatever carrier probably does this themselves if a phone is in this kind of situation. If not rooted or any mods you will still have OTA updates. If you are worried about carrier recognizing if you modded it or something and they wont take it back dont worry just flash it using ODiN. I've rooted many devices hacked compiled roms flashed them and kernels s-offed etc. You can always get back to stock remove flags and your carrier will take it back no matter what just dont return a device with the actual mods on it.

jack man

Nov 8, 2009
Why not just try to reset the device from the recovery menu? If it's a stock phone it should fix the bootloop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA Free mobile app

Why not just try to reset the device from the recovery menu? If it's a stock phone it should fix the bootloop.

It won't fix what sounds like a missing or corrupted boot file, had to deal with it on a LG g3.. restoring a full back up or a plain reset had no effect.. it was either doing a full flash or flashing the boot files

for that phone it would randomly happen when the OTA tried to upgrade the device while it was rooted, took me 3 times of dealing with it before I realized OTA was still live

Last edited:

Majin Kaioh

Jan 21, 2011
Oregon
Small update. My local AT&T store has a replacement being sent to me. I'm unhappy, however, since its apparently a refurbished device. I pay for insurance that covers a new device if something, anything, happens. They're refusing to send me a new one for some reason that they won't explicitly state to me.

My loyalty with AT&T has wavered, and I will probably be on another network in coming months. I'm thinking Sprint so that I can least have an unlocked Note 4.

Regardless, since this device is being sent back, I decided to try and Odin flash it anyways. It did not work. Still boot loops at the Note 4/Android screen. Doesn't even load the AT&T logo. I'm fairly certain something is fundamentally broken with the device. Probably a factory error. It's never been dropped, and has been inside a hard case since day one.

Being that it is a manufacturing error, I'm not to angry about that. These things do happen. AT&T's treatment of me, however, is just unacceptable. I've been a customer for about eight years, and have been on Android since the Motorola Backflip. I upgraded to a Samsung Captivate and never looked at another manufacturor.

jack man

Nov 8, 2009
Are you able boot to the recovery menu?

thepinkpanter

Jun 19, 2013
This process is not dangerous if your phone is in a bootloop. Hell AT&T or whatever carrier probably does this themselves if a phone is in this kind of situation. If not rooted or any mods you will still have OTA updates. If you are worried about carrier recognizing if you modded it or something and they wont take it back dont worry just flash it using ODiN. I've rooted many devices hacked compiled roms flashed them and kernels s-offed etc. You can always get back to stock remove flags and your carrier will take it back no matter what just dont return a device with the actual mods on it.

Good evening,

my n910A is stocked in Bootlop ,
I did try also to flash via odin the 4 zipped md5 files from this forum but nothing changed : http://xdaforums.com/note-4-att/general/to-stock-files-latestcoc4-build-t3107391
when I press volume up+power+home it show LRX22C.N910AUCU1COC4 but the version on the label of my box is N910AUCU1ANIE ,
I don't know if I should go back to the previous version and how to do it ?????
or something else??????

please help because I am lost
thanks

Attachments

• P1050984.JPG
    P1050984.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 165
  • P1050985.JPG
    P1050985.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 155
  • P1050987.JPG
    P1050987.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 140
  • P1050989.JPG
    P1050989.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 150

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
Good evening,

my n910A is stocked in Bootlop ,
I did try also to flash via odin the 4 zipped md5 files from this forum but nothing changed : http://xdaforums.com/note-4-att/general/to-stock-files-latestcoc4-build-t3107391
when I press volume up+power+home it show LRX22C.N910AUCU1COC4 but the version on the label of my box is N910AUCU1ANIE ,
I don't know if I should go back to the previous version and how to do it ?????
or something else??????

please help because I am lost
thanks

Try downloading one of sunderwares stock firmwares in a newer 3.10 odin after extracting the zip with contained files. I recommend latest OC4 just re flash it a different one or try again

thepinkpanter

Jun 19, 2013
Try downloading one of sunderwares stock firmwares in a newer 3.10 odin after extracting the zip with contained files. I recommend latest OC4 just re flash it a different one or try again

I already did it but by using Odin 3.09 pls. see http://xdaforums.com/note-4-att/general/to-stock-files-latestcoc4-build-t3107391/page5
maybe I did something wrong :confused:

or from where can I get / download a different N910AUCU1COC4 ?

thanks again for your kind help

Last edited: