[Q] Known tmobile Note 4 camera focus issue

Search This thread

Kil4Thril

Jul 4, 2013
Is this build.prop line only in the Touch Wiz camera? I can't find it in PAC lollipop

twolfekc

Aug 24, 2011
Kansas City
Is this build.prop line only in the Touch Wiz camera? I can't find it in PAC lollipop

I don't think it's built into the TouchWiz ROMs either.. I didn't see it in there

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

I will pay somebody if they figure out how to fix this.. bought my note 4 off swappa so getting it exchanged isn't an option:((

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
The issue is the camera does not focus at all unless you tap the phone pretty hard. I will pay whoever helps us resolve this issue:(:(
Sounds like ur issue is hardware related. Have you used any camera mods. I know the one posted for this phone did way more harm then good.

BAD ASS NOTE 4

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I did it! I figured out how to fix the problem permanently. I couldn't believe it until I realized that my camera for the first time focuses INSTANTLY every time without any weird shaking or hitting movement.... or replace my phone unnecessarily.

I simply did the "opposite" of a know battery saving build.prop tweak that disables sensor power saving (instead of trying to put the sensors in sleep mode):

ro.ril.sensor.sleep.control=0

EDIT: It looks like it is also required to go under the Camera app "Mode"; select "Manage Modes"; and, only select "Virtual Tour". Not sure why, but that mode needs to be there; or, this fix wont work.

Problem solved... Tested even after full reboots. Works every time.

EDIT: Tweak seems to have also fixes auto-rotate to be persistently responsive.
I don't see a virtual tour nor is it available for download

BAD ASS NOTE 4

twolfekc

Aug 24, 2011
Kansas City
Sounds like ur issue is hardware related. Have you used any camera mods. I know the one posted for this phone did way more harm then good.

BAD ASS NOTE 4

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I don't see a virtual tour nor is it available for download

BAD ASS NOTE 4

Haven't used any hardware mods.. is your phone having the same issue?

twolfekc

Aug 24, 2011
Kansas City
No only when I used that mod. My camera would focus blurry and snap pic. I was also looking for that build prop edit but I don't have it in my build prop. Wondering if the issue could be rom related. I running jovy stock deodex

BAD ASS NOTE 4

I don't think it's rom related.. I can see the camera module trying to focus but it stays blurry no matter what I do until I tap on the phone

twolfekc

Aug 24, 2011
Kansas City

Attachments

• 1428251537870.jpg
    1428251537870.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 499

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I will have a friend look into it when he can to see what that port has different. I know a bunch of people that had issues on that port. Did you tell the Dev about camera issue he might be able to fix it with a correct file. I gonna flash tomorrow night and see if I have any camera issues.

BAD ASS NOTE 4

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Just read a few pages and camera is 50/50 on the rom. Some guys worked great some had fc or freezing. Try fresh download and flash right over and before opening camera go into applications manager and clear cache then reboot and open up. Test and report

BAD ASS NOTE 4

twolfekc

Aug 24, 2011
Kansas City
I will have a friend look into it when he can to see what that port has different. I know a bunch of people that had issues on that port. Did you tell the Dev about camera issue he might be able to fix it with a correct file. I gonna flash tomorrow night and see if I have any camera issues.

BAD ASS NOTE 4

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Just read a few pages and camera is 50/50 on the rom. Some guys worked great some had fc or freezing. Try fresh download and flash right over and before opening camera go into applications manager and clear cache then reboot and open up. Test and report

BAD ASS NOTE 4

Issue is still there

Kil4Thril

Jul 4, 2013
Mine does it stock, or Infamous KK, and on PAC LP, which 'm running now. Gotta rap on it pretty good to focus the rear camera. Thing is, I have to do it EVERY TIME I enter the camera software. Once it's going, I can take pics one after the other. But if I simply answer a text, going back to the camera forces me to have to pimp smack it again.

twolfekc

Aug 24, 2011
Kansas City
Mine does it stock, or Infamous KK, and on PAC LP, which 'm running now. Gotta rap on it pretty good to focus the rear camera. Thing is, I have to do it EVERY TIME I enter the camera software. Once it's going, I can take pics one after the other. But if I simply answer a text, going back to the camera forces me to have to pimp smack it again.

I have the exact same issue. Very frustrating having to pimp smack it every time I want to take a damn picture >:[

From now on let's call this the pimp smack syndrome

dragon4000

Nov 17, 2007
Inglewood
From what I've been able to see from my personal experience, it does seem to be a hardware issue. I've been able to hear a "snap" when the camera falls in place. I've also carried a magnet in my pocket just to adjust the camera. But I grew tired of it and got a replacement.

The new one was working fine until I decided to root it too. I'm not sure if it's something that happens along the flashing purpose or not. Now, regardless of what ROM I flash, I have the camera problem as well.... With this new phone is not as bad as the other one. The one prior I had to pimp smack it, jajaja, but with this one I don't. I just gently put it upside down and the camera fixes itself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First person on Internet to fix it permanently! ROOT needed.

I did it! I figured out how to fix the problem permanently. I couldn't believe it until I realized that my camera for the first time focuses INSTANTLY every time without any weird shaking or hitting movement.... or replace my phone unnecessarily.

I simply did the "opposite" of a know battery saving build.prop tweak that disables sensor power saving (instead of trying to put the sensors in sleep mode):

EDIT: It looks like it is also required to go under the Camera app "Mode"; select "Manage Modes"; and, only select "Virtual Tour". Not sure why, but that mode needs to be there; or, this fix wont work.

Problem solved... Tested even after full reboots. Works every time.

EDIT: Tweak seems to have also fixes auto-rotate to be persistently responsive.
    First person on Internet to fix it...per

I did it! I figured out how to fix the problem permanently. I couldn't believe it until I realized that my camera for the first time focuses INSTANTLY every time without any weird shaking or hitting movement. I simply did the "opposite" of a know battery saving build.prop tweak that disables sensor power saving:

For those of you who couldn't get focus to work with the build.prop tweak (after reboot); go under the Camera app "Mode"; select "Manage Modes"; and, only select "Virtual Tour".

I just realized that as soon as I removed "Virtual Tour", the camera app couldn't focus anymore. As soon as I put it back, it consistently works again; after every reboot and even after I force stop the Camera app and start it again.

This is reproducible for me every time.
    Were you in the 14 day return window?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Sorry for the late reply. No I wasn't. Long story short, I had a Nexus 6 before, traded that for a Note 4 on the 12th day, and realized I had camera issues after the 14 day window. What T-Mobile did was, since I was a new customer, was waive the restocking fee and give me overnight shipping for a BRAND NEW Note 4. Thankfully it wasn't a refurbishment. What I would suggest is if you are having focusing issues, I would go to T-Mobile and request a warranty replacement. I'm sure they will accommodate.
    Were you in the 14 day return window?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Just take a to a tmobile store. They'll ask if you have done all of the trouble shooting. Just tell them you've been on the phone with Samsung and they were no help. T-mobile then will call their tech support, and they'll ship you a replacement next day air. You'll just have to send them your phone back when you receive the replacement.

Just cross your finger they don't send you a faulty one. I'm on my third replacement :(