Note 4 Developer Edition Anybody getting?

Search This thread

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Don't know if this is the right section or not but mods feel free to move to Q&A or general or wherever. But anyways any devs plan on getting the note 4 developer edition? i found in their register system its coming soon. Trying to figure out my plans for my note 4 arriving tomorrow! thanks devs!

Capture by LUKE1333, on Flickr

shpotik

Aug 19, 2010
Don't know if this is the right section or not but mods feel free to move to Q&A or general or wherever. But anyways any devs plan on getting the note 4 developer edition? i found in their register system its coming soon. Trying to figure out my plans for my note 4 arriving tomorrow! thanks devs!

Capture by LUKE1333, on Flickr

I'd be interested if it was in frost white.(although I'm not a Dev) :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: LagunaTechie

Boss428man

Mar 13, 2008
Boston
I guess the goal here is you would have root on 4.4.4 with no problems and the unlocked boot loader for roms choice, and rooting in future with Lollipop. (Which sadly doesn't look possible in the future with out and unlocked bootloader.)

Reactions: jfriend33

Boss428man

Mar 13, 2008
Boston
dont think that should be a problem? with unlocked bootloader throw twrp on and use su zip. at least that is what you could do on note 3 dev ed. unless 4.4.4 has changed

Exactly,

My question maybe should go into a previous developer forum but how does rom updating work because I've heard the developer editions doesn't get official updates. How would we update to Lollipop etc, are there modified rom versions that take out the boot loader locking triggers? or is this even a worry. Maybe someone can chime in with a Note 3 Dev.

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Exactly,

My question maybe should go into a previous developer forum but how does rom updating work because I've heard the developer editions doesn't get official updates. How would we update to Lollipop etc, are there modified rom versions that take out the boot loader locking triggers? or is this even a worry. Maybe someone can chime in with a Note 3 Dev.
you would have to have a dev extract it from regular note 4 or whatever gets update. i had the note 3 and zero updates. and twrp and root triggered knox 0x1 on it just like regular but it shows dev mode

droidguy22

Oct 4, 2013

Attachments

• Note4_Verizon_DevEdition.jpg
    Note4_Verizon_DevEdition.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 308

doctor-cool

Jan 24, 2009
Got me one! on back order..........

Thank you for visiting the Samsung Mobile Accessory online store. This is a confirmation message regarding your backorder request.
This is not a pre-order notification. You have to order again when you receive an e-mail notification about the availability of the product

The item(s) on this backorder request are expected to be back in stock within 4 weeks. Should your product become available within this time period, you will receive an e-mail notification with further instructions to complete your order. You will need to then login to Samsung and finalize your order online at: http://sso-us.samsung.com/sso/secure/urlAction?targetUrl=http://www.samsung.com/us/support/account

Your backorder information appears below.

Backorder Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Backorder Number: XXXXXXXXX
Backorder Date: 10/22/2014

Back Order Items:
Product ID Item Description Price Quantity Item Total
ET-N910VMKEVZW GN4 DEVELOPER DEVICE, SM-N910VMKEVZW $662.53 1 $662.53

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thank you for visiting the Samsung Mobile Accessory online store. This is a confirmation message regarding your backorder request.
This is not a pre-order notification. You have to order again when you receive an e-mail notification about the availability of the product

The item(s) on this backorder request are expected to be back in stock within 4 weeks. Should your product become available within this time period, you will receive an e-mail notification with further instructions to complete your order. You will need to then login to Samsung and finalize your order online at: http://sso-us.samsung.com/sso/secure/urlAction?targetUrl=http://www.samsung.com/us/support/account

Your backorder information appears below.

Backorder Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Backorder Number: XXXXXXXXX
Backorder Date: 10/22/2014

Back Order Items:
Product ID Item Description Price Quantity Item Total
ET-N910VMKEVZW GN4 DEVELOPER DEVICE, SM-N910VMKEVZW $662.53 1 $662.53
me too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just ordered one off of the website. I think I cleared the backorder from my cart by accident and couldn't find it again online. I ended up going to the cached website after searching on google for SM-N910VMKEVZW and went from there. Got an email confirmation, credit card charge, and everything.
    No need to sign in. The purchase page is available with price if you know where to look.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N910VMKEVZW
    i might be able to live with the note 4 with only root. phone is stupid nice

The phone is "stupid' nice.. But Chainfire the gentleman who is a developer that works on a fair share of rooting just said Root isn't going to be possible with out an unlocked boot loader with android L. Now this isn't Disney and magic can happen but Android is trying to move into a safer more business friendly world. So assuming there is a cheat for the current KitKat.. If this happens you will have to stay on it. Hoping Verizon will release a unlocked boot loader isnt going to happen. So if your OK with the current situation that's fine. I think everyone stressing here is the phone is great and a developer edition is developer friendly and will help you get the most out of it. I thankfully am glad this Dev edition is happening. I was worried the door had finally closed. Just being objective and honest. Btw
    Loss of warranty is fine for me. Fixing phones isn't as hard with all the resources on the internet these days. I mean as an example some people spend lots of money on tempered glass screen protectors when new glass is like 12 dollars. Its just cheaper to replace the screen glass and not that hard on most phones. (Not really a warrenty issue but point being the software from Verizon doesn't if ever need warranty coverage.) But seeing that mostly hardware warranty issues require days of sending back phones or this or that when parts are cheap. At least if you have less of a chance of breaking the phone with software bricking with and unlocked then locked and niether is going to be covered by the 1 year warranty. Granted not a normal thing but my friend debricked his S3 after flashing international firmware on his work phone. These phones are robust and once you get used to it not so worry some.

Anyway, If phones were cars I'd rather have my car with an unlocked hood then one that only my dealer could open. Because even though opening the hood would void the warranty, you never know when you are going to break down.

Great work fellas! Today is looking brighter.
    I have a feeling there won't be much development because the retail version won't have safestrap. Since the retail note 3 had safestrap (and beans support) there were a handful of roms. Which the devs made the roms compatible with the dev edition. So hashcode is done with safestrap which means no retail roms. Which means less development opportunities for dev the edition. There may be a couple roms at some time. So a couple roms are better than none, right? Then again, Samsung may only sell a few at a time which would strangle development. Selling 40 phones in 3 months won't work. That's what happened with the dev edition note 3. Time will tell what the future holds.