[GUIDE] VZW Note-4 DE Backup Developer Partitions

Search This thread

jbombs16

Dec 13, 2009
I have a wiped Note Edge Developer.

No OS.

I dont know how--but I stupidly (ok..im stupid) didnt select "system" when I did a TWRP backup initially.

Now its all wiped after a problem I had .

Anyway, i DO have EFS Pro backups of everything except userdata...so, I need to get my "system" back, and I do see it in the TAR file when I list it with Winrar.

Is there a way t o flash the system back?

Or, do I get a retail firmware, and try flashing back just the aboot?

I cant load--being there is no OS.

I can get into TWRP and fastboot, as they are not damaged.

Odin this to get stock lollipop

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952606240

Or I'd suggest to flash jasmine rom.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
I have a wiped Note Edge Developer.

No OS.

I dont know how--but I stupidly (ok..im stupid) didnt select "system" when I did a TWRP backup initially.

Now its all wiped after a problem I had .

Anyway, i DO have EFS Pro backups of everything except userdata...so, I need to get my "system" back, and I do see it in the TAR file when I list it with Winrar.

Is there a way t o flash the system back?

Or, do I get a retail firmware, and try flashing back just the aboot?

I cant load--being there is no OS.

I can get into TWRP and fastboot, as they are not damaged.

Try to odin the efs backup of system.tar.gz

hometech99

Sep 2, 2014
Try to odin the efs backup of system.tar.gz

Well, I have to extract it out of the efs pro backup.

Then what do I have to do to it to prepare it to be Odin flashable?

I saw somewhere about getting some file from a custom rom (none for verizon note edge) to package with it.

STep by step for this noob, please.

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
Well, I have to extract it out of the efs pro backup.

Then what do I have to do to it to prepare it to be Odin flashable?

I saw somewhere about getting some file from a custom rom (none for verizon note edge) to package with it.

STep by step for this noob, please.
Do you still have access to TWRP?

You could try to Odin flash your complete backup. Or if you have TWRP try to flash extracted zip pf system.

hometech99

Sep 2, 2014
yes--I do have access to twrp.

I tried Odin flash the EFS Pro backup..didnt work.

I took the system image out of the EFS Pro backup..I tried to odin flash that--I see some "secure" error on the phone in download mode..now Im reading

"- Also to be able to do adb push to /system partition for parted binary, you will need insecure boot.img used in your ROM or adbd insecure installed in your device .."

Well, I cant run Chainfire's app to insecure the bootloader because I have no OS!

So--one roadblock after another.

I have this nice tar file with all partitons but userdata--and I cant get the darn partitions flashed back.

Even the EFS program--it COULD work in twrp recovery mode to reflash, but the program asks to check OK for the RSA key from the pc---well- that screen doesnt pop up in recovery mode, so i cant make the program proceed.

?help

Do you still have access to TWRP?

You could try to Odin flash your complete backup. Or if you have TWRP try to flash extracted zip pf system.

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
yes--I do have access to twrp.

I tried Odin flash the EFS Pro backup..didnt work.

I took the system image out of the EFS Pro backup..I tried to odin flash that--I see some "secure" error on the phone in download mode..now Im reading

"- Also to be able to do adb push to /system partition for parted binary, you will need insecure boot.img used in your ROM or adbd insecure installed in your device .."

Well, I cant run Chainfire's app to insecure the bootloader because I have no OS!

So--one roadblock after another.

I have this nice tar file with all partitons but userdata--and I cant get the darn partitions flashed back.

Even the EFS program--it COULD work in twrp recovery mode to reflash, but the program asks to check OK for the RSA key from the pc---well- that screen doesnt pop up in recovery mode, so i cant make the program proceed.

?help
You are in the woods, but you should be able to get going again.
Some of the partitions in your EFS backup are not Odin flash-able, so it probably choked on one of them.
I take it nobody has any Edge ROMs available yet? That would be too easy.
Having TWRP is good, I am real busy at work, but if you get me your system I could try to make an Odin flashable tar tonight. It's not that hard to do, make a tar md5. The last few lines of the OP mentions the tools needed. search "make Odin MD5 tar"
From your post I read you are studying, GOOD!

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
One other thing, your system partition shouldn't need to be trimmed, like we do on Note-4 aboot, Just md5 TAR your system partition., and flash in Odin.
On a side note if you can send me your aboot, I will try to determine if it needs trimming before making a TAR.
Any other DevEd Edge folks got TWRP backup of system partition?

HBOMB-9000

Aug 25, 2011
Austin, TX
Note 4 DE Locked

I locked my bootloader tonight and could really use your help. The history is long, but I'll try to keep it short. I only had the phone for a couple of days when I bought it. The phone had to be sent to Sammy for warranty repair. They replaced a few things (PBA MAIN ASSY, Home Key, IC-MULTI REG).

The DEV that I bought the phone from provided the aboot.tar.md5 files. I know they worked in the past because I locked the bootloader on the 1st night I got the phone (oops). I was able to unlock it after that.

Since I received the phone from the repair center yesterday, I noticed it was having some weird issues like the screen rotation not working, so in my haste to prove Samsung jacked up the repair, the stock TAR got flashed, and I was comfortable that I could unlock the bootloader.

I cannot unlock the bootloader. Even with the aboot. Am I doing this wrong? Can someone look at the phone or the files or my process and tell me if I am hosed? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
I locked my bootloader tonight and could really use your help. The history is long, but I'll try to keep it short. I only had the phone for a couple of days when I bought it. The phone had to be sent to Sammy for warranty repair. They replaced a few things (PBA MAIN ASSY, Home Key, IC-MULTI REG).

The DEV that I bought the phone from provided the aboot.tar.md5 files. I know they worked in the past because I locked the bootloader on the 1st night I got the phone (oops). I was able to unlock it after that.

Since I received the phone from the repair center yesterday, I noticed it was having some weird issues like the screen rotation not working, so in my haste to prove Samsung jacked up the repair, the stock TAR got flashed, and I was comfortable that I could unlock the bootloader.

I cannot unlock the bootloader. Even with the aboot. Am I doing this wrong? Can someone look at the phone or the files or my process and tell me if I am hosed? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

PM me a link to your aboot. I will look at it. Hopefully Sammy didn't change your main board, or update to LP. How are you locking your bootloader twice??? If they didn't change your ID or flash to LP you should be able to Odin restore it.
edit:
Re-read your post, Main board was changed, you are screwed! call this number: 800-757-0280 Try to think up a good story so you can talk them into reflashing it to DevEd.

Last edited:

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
They will probably fix it again since you just got it back from repair. You are lucky, less than a year ago Sammy's policy was for DevEd owners to pound sand if the device was locked after 15 day warranty. They have obviously relaxed there stance, Make sure they know it's a locked DevEd, good luck, and for gods sake, stop flashing retail Tars!

Reactions: HBOMB-9000

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
They will probably fix it again since you just got it back from repair. You are lucky, less than a year ago Sammy's policy was for DevEd owners to pound sand if the device was locked after 15 day warranty. They have obviously relaxed there stance, Make sure they know it's a locked DevEd, good luck, and for gods sake, stop flashing retail Tars!
I bought my phone from a guy who had a similar issue. It had a corrupted software from the start. He returned it to Samsung and they reflashed it as a retail phone. He sent it back again and that time they got it right. But in the meantime he switched to T-Mobile so he sold it to me. It's been great since I've had it.

I hope they fix yours HBOMB. If they do and you try again search the forum for the proper software. There's stuff available specifically for the Dev Ed that works right.

Sent from my SM-N910V DE

Last edited:
Reactions: HBOMB-9000

tunez23

Jul 26, 2010
Kannapolis, NC
OK, I almost wanna puke here and wish to god I had found this thread right after I got my phone....

I've had my Note 4 DE direct from Sammy for about a week. Got it, rooted it and was finally loving life after hating my Nexus 6. I started looking into putting xposed on the phone and found a guide to do it...... before I ever found the other guide that said it wouldn't work on this phone. It locked the phone up and I tried multiple things and nothing was working. Looked all over for a stock DE firmware and saw nothing. I then made the ignorant ASSumption that it was the same as stock....

Now, I'm stuck and can't install the CF root as it fails during the Odin install. I had no idea baout the back ups so I don't have that. Am I screwed?!?!? :crying:

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
OK, I almost wanna puke here and wish to god I had found this thread right after I got my phone....

I've had my Note 4 DE direct from Sammy for about a week. Got it, rooted it and was finally loving life after hating my Nexus 6. I started looking into putting xposed on the phone and found a guide to do it...... before I ever found the other guide that said it wouldn't work on this phone. It locked the phone up and I tried multiple things and nothing was working. Looked all over for a stock DE firmware and saw nothing. I then made the ignorant ASSumption that it was the same as stock....

Now, I'm stuck and can't install the CF root as it fails during the Odin install. I had no idea baout the back ups so I don't have that. Am I screwed?!?!? :crying:

Call the DevEd number Monday: 800-757-0280. Make sure they know it's a DevEd that had Stock Retail firmware flashed after problems with your new device. If your are under 14days, they will probably fix without any hassle. A good story might help, something not working right on your unmodified stock DevEd; Bluetooth, wi-fi, dropped calls, something like that. A CSR recommended re-flashing at a Kiosk, or kies. Now the bootloader is locked. Don't fess up to any modifications, or rooting.
Good Luck

Reactions: tunez23

tunez23

Jul 26, 2010
Kannapolis, NC
Call the DevEd number Monday: 800-757-0280. Make sure they know it's a DevEd that had Stock Retail firmware flashed after problems with your new device. If your are under 14days, they will probably fix without any hassle. A good story might help, something not working right on your unmodified stock DevEd; Bluetooth, wi-fi, dropped calls, something like that. A CSR recommended re-flashing at a Kiosk, or kies. Now the bootloader is locked. Don't fess up to any modifications, or rooting.
Good Luck

Thanks so much, I'll try that! Dang sure enough will be back here to get all kinds of back ups before anything is done going forward.

Reactions: radionerd

bagery77

Dec 7, 2009

Once you're back up and running, Xposed is working with hack for Lollipop Touchwiz. Some modules don't play nice. Xposed is working 100% on Kitkat Touchwiz. In order to remain completely stable with no surprises and keep all Xposed functionality, I've settled on 4.4.4 for now.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

I emailed this place with the same problem and received very swift service. I told them I accidentally flashed the wrong firmware, wanted to bring it in if possible, and left it at that.

http://www.repairsvc.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: tunez23

tunez23

Jul 26, 2010
Kannapolis, NC
They sent me out the return label to get the phone sent back to get the firmware reloaded. Thank you guys SOOOO much for the help!! I'll be back on when it gets back to make like 50 backups this time!! :)

brianm66

Jun 29, 2007
Overland Park, KS
Another guy that locked my bootloader in my haste to play with Lollipop here. I've got an EFS backup of aboot bit I can't seem to flash it. It's there any chance someone could help? Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUIDE how to backup Verizon Developer Device aboot Partition

All Samsung Developer Devices are identical to retail devices with exception of one partition "aboot". What is all this fuss aboot? This partition holds the magic that unlocked your bootloader. It has a signed SHA256 key that a thousand Monkeys could not crack. If this partition is overwritten or corrupt the DE phone could brick, and bootloader will lock. Welcome to retail. This partition is device ID specific and coded to the device with super encryption. If this partition is backed up prior to corruption, it could be possible to restore a locked developer device. Some discussion of DE's aboot here and here
    As of this writing several DE owners were smart enough to backup aboot, several were able to restore their unlocked bootloader. They were able to restore with the help of several XDA devleopers that were able to take the pre-saved aboot, and make it into an Odin flashable tar. It was reported that EFS Professional could create an Odin flashable aboot.tar.gz, that doesn't need any prior modifications. This info was incorrect, all backups of aboot will require modification prior to flashing. If you accidentally "Retail" your DE, post to this thread, and myself or one of the other devs will fix your backup. There is risk involved with restore, so please don't perposly flash your device to retail.
    (No you can't flash aboot on your retail phone)

There are several ways to backup this unique partition, these procedures are not real difficult, but care should be taken. One method is by using ADB. Big learning curve, but rewarding. install Google SDK and use ABD [ADB Guides] Setup and run ADB, and backup the partition using dd command. This is a computer to Android terminal interface via USB. If you have used Linux scripts, this should easy peasy once ADB is functional. Copy and paste a script to copy aboot to SD, and the rest of the partitions using the ADB Method below.

You could even copy aboot to your phone's SD using your recovery file editor, or use ADB pull (permissions, mount, could make this tough though).

There is a cool program built by XDA contributor @lyriquidperfection, it's called EFS Professional It is a very powerful tool, it runs on windows computers, and uses a GUI, no scripts, just point and, click, click, click :) Easy Method.

Both interfaces require ROOT, and use Busybox. SuperSU, and busybox must be installed on your device prior, as well as Samsung drivers (Direct link to VZW Note 4 DE )
    I like BusyBox Tools by Stephen (Stericson), or try Busybox On Rails

Disclaimer: If you are careful, study a bit, and follow direction closely there isn't much risk. Please be careful, these tools are capable of bricking your phone if you blindly explore other commands. If you run into problems, Post to this thread, someone will help you. If you go poking around the advanced user commands and mess it up, good luck. Don't hate on me if you do something stupid.

1. ADB Method Here is a quick guide that I made while backing up my note-4 DE. I point out the path to the partitions on Note-4. The VZW note-4 aboot partition is mmcblk0p7 This location and partition number are different in other DE models. This backup will need to be made flash-able if it's ever needed.

2. EFS Professional Easy Method (This guide will work for the other developer devices too. Tested on Note-3 & Galaxy S5 Developer Editions)
    Download EFS Professional on windows computer, install EFSProfessional. This program has an imbedded version of ADB built in (don't run any other ADB programs at the same time)

Make sure USB debug is checked under phone's setting "Developer options", tick "USB debugging" (might already be ticked) If "developer options" tab is missing from "Settings", go to "Settings", "About phone", then tap, tap, tap, on "Build number" do it spasticly until it unlocks, aboot 7 times. ha ha Canada :)
    (Click on the attached thumbnails to enlarge them to huge)
    View attachment 3075958 View attachment 3075959

Hook the phone to USB & computer prior to running EFSPro. Keep an eye on the phones screen when the program starts, a few popups will probably pop up on the phone, allow your computer's RSA key, tic the always remember, and allow access to your computer. SU will pop up on the screen too, grant access. (If it doesn't connect, check phone's drop down for connection options. Worst case, toggle usb debug off/on while attempting connection in efspro).
    RSA.jpg Screenshot_2014-12-21-17-05-22.jpg

Click on EFS Professional, The only folder you need to use is under the backup tab. Don't mess around under the other tabs, just click on backup.
    View attachment 3048807 View attachment 3125707

Under the Backup Tab select "manage" Then select "Create New". Now you will create a PIT file, the map of your DE's system.
    View attachment 3075885 View attachment 3075886

Type in the File name, display name, and description. I typed "note-4" in all three boxes.
    View attachment 3181033

Click "Read Pit" a popup will nag, just click "OK" and continue, device written, click "OK", Then hit "Save".
    no_Pit_nag.jpg filter_writen.jpg View attachment 3075888

You now have your DE's PIT, the road map to your system partition. Ready to backup aboot? Lets go, press "Manage" then "refresh". Now your new pit should be visible under the "manage" drop down.
    View attachment 3075899

From the drop down find your device (Note-4), and "select" it.
    View attachment 3075900 View attachment 3075901

"Deselect all", then tic aboot only (You don't want to save all in one zip, it's +3GB, and will take forever, and most likely choke on it's self. Later after backing up aboot you can go back, and save the other partitions that aren't backed up by TWRP).
    View attachment 3075902 View attachment 3075911

Click "backup". When it's finished you should now have two copies of aboot zipped up in a nice file (Note-4_xxxxxxxx.tar.gz) in EFSProBackup folder on your internal SD (or External SD), and on your computer both locations should contain a TAR of aboot. You can rename it "MyNote4_aboot.tar.gz". Later you should also manually move this to external SD using Root Explorer or ES File explorer
    View attachment 3075912

Now is the time to donate to @lyriquidperfection , or a least go back to his OP and hit the thanks button.
    View attachment 3075913

If a stock Tar is accidentally flashed, locking the boot loader, the phone won't be able to run EFS Pro because it requires root, and busybox, and may not boot anyway. If you do somehow lock your boot loader. Post your request for help to this thread, someone will PM you asking for your aboot backup, one of the devs here will make your aboot odin flashable, and send it back ready to go.

*Odin can't flash all the partitions, only the ones that are mapped in your PIT file. Please do a second backup, make a combined zip, select the following: aboot.mbn, NON-HLOS.bin, rpm.mbn, sbl1.mbn, sdi.mbn, tz.mbn. This will up your insurance policy to premium ;)

Now that your are "out of the woods", go back into EFSPro and backup all partition blocks, minus a few huge ones that are already backed up by your recovery. I back up all blocks on a fresh DE image, before installing a bunch of apps (recovery, SuperSU, and Busybox). If you have a bunch of stuffs already installed you might want to skip blocks: 25 Cache, and 27 User Data. They are huge, and redundant if you already backed up everything in TWRP. You do have everything backed up in TWRP, right??? ;)

Eye glazing stuffs: The backups can be un-zipped to a tar, aboot.mbn.tar. Then unzipped again to reveal the unzipped partitions. These can be selectively modified into an Odin flash-able tar.md5. This part should be done by a developer because some hex editing and special software adds an md5 checksum .
    Don't be the one that flashes a stock image tar, or allows a repair kiosk to touch your precious. Hopefully the insurance policy you just made won't ever have to be claimed.
    Check back for correction, and updates. Please post your results good, or bad to this thread.:eek:
    THANKS!
    Recovery of a developer edition Note 4 initally on ANJ5, after taking on an LP OTA

The following instructions will help a Note 4 Developer Edition owner recover his / her device, from a "locked state" as a result of taking on a Verizon Lollipop OTA - - Happiness :D

Most important prerequisite: Before attempting recovery, please read through this thread on how to make a flashable backup of a file called aboot.mbn from your developer device - @radionerd has a great write up of how to do this... once you have done this, please proceed below...

Assumption: your Verizon Note 4 Developer phone, when you got it, was running version N910VVRU1ANJ5, this set of instructions only applies to this version - any other version has not been tested using these instructions. I and / or radionerd (hopefully he concurs) assumes no liability for this instruction set and any unintended consequences which "could" result- However, it has been executed successfully by me, I am restored to where I was prior to taking on the Lollipop OTA.

Please note: If for some reason you do not succeed here, you can call Samsung, and they should be able to re-flash your device back to developer state (like the day you received it). As last indicated to me by them; there was no cost involved - yes, your phone is out of warranty (only has 30 days) BUT, if when you call samsung support only say that your phone received the OTA and was locked as a result - best off do not provide any other information like it was rooted etc.. it should take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to get your phone restored...

I am very happy to report, thanks to radionerd and other developers before him, that I did not have to send my Note 4 into samsung, the following instructions afforded that luxury -

The first 2 instructions will bring you back to a stock developer edition (unlocked) - version N910VVRU1ANJ5.

1. Download hasbadr's full firmware (full retail) edition N910VVRU1ANJ5 here - After you've download this file, extract it, make sure your phone is connected to your computer, restart the phone and put into download mode. Open Odin 3.09 or greater, using the AP option, select your ROM you just downloaded, and flash it... let the phone reboot, yet try to put in download mode before the phone returns to do setup, in preparation for the next step.

Step 1 comment: The idea behind using this ROM is, you are in a retail (locked) lollipop state now, you will be rolling back to retail (locked) kitkat N910VVRU1ANJ5 - after flashing this file, you will still be locked. If you plan on reinstalling TWRP and rooting again you must use this ROM version - as the current TWRP and root method aligns (works) with this ROM.

2. if Odin is open, close it then re-open again to let it detect the phone. Using Odin, select your aboot.tar.md5 file (you would have made this as a result of radionerd's instructions). Flash this file, let the phone reboot.

Step 2 comment: You have just flashed your phone back to developer mode - if you go back into download mode you can see MODE: Developer one line above the SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE message in the upper left list on your phone's screen. if it's there, welcome back to your unlocked Note 4 :)

To return to twrp and root, please go here next.

That's it - thank you radionerd and all other developers who made this possible... I was the test crash dummy for this experiment, and survived :)

Sincerely,
    Rob
    Samsung Developer Devices are identical to retail devices with exception of one partition "aboot". If this partition is overwritten or corrupt the phone will brick, and bootloader will lock. This partition is device ID specific and coded to the boot partition, and device. If both of these partitions are backed up prior to corruption, it would be possible to restore a locked developer device.

There are several ways to backup these unique partitions, these procedures are not real difficult, but care should be taken. One method is by using ADB. install Google SDK and use ABD [ADB Guides] Setup and run ADB, and backup the partitions using dd command. This is a computer to phone terminal interface via USB. If you have used Linux scripts, this should easy peasy once ADB is functional.

There is a cool program built by XDA contributor lyriquidperfection, it's called EFS Professional It is a very powerful tool that runs on windows computers, and uses a GUI, no scripts, just point and click :)

Both interfaces use Busybox, so it must be installed on your device prior.
    I like BusyBox Tools by Stephen (Stericson), or Busybox On Rails

Disclaimer: If you are careful, study a bit, and follow direction closely there isn't much risk. Please be careful these tools are capable of bricking your phone if you explore other commands. If you run into problems, I will try to help.

1. ADB Method Here is a quick guide that I made while backing up my note-4 DE. The VZW note-4 aboot partition is mmcblk0p7 This location and name are different in other models.

2. EFS Professional Method
    Download EFS Professional on windows computer, install it. This program has a imbedded version of ADB built in (don't run any other ADB programs at the same time)

Make sure USB debug is checked under phone's setting, Developer options tick USB debugging (should already be ticked) If developer options is missing, go to settings, About phone, tap tap tap "Build number" spasticly until it unlocks.

Hook the phone to USB prior to running EFSPro. Keep an eye on the phones screen when the program starts, a few popups will probably pop up on the phone, Tic the always remember, and allow access to the computer. SU will pop up on the screen too, grant access.
    View attachment 3048807
    (Click on the attached photos to enlarge them)
    The only folder you need to use is under the backup tab. Don't mess around under the other tabs, just backup.

Under the Backup Tab select "manage" Then select "Create New". Now you will create a PIT file, and grab a map the DE system.
    View attachment 3048818

Type in the File name, display name, and description. I typed "note-4".
    Then Click "read device", it should look like the picture below. Then hit "Save".
    View attachment 3048835

You now have a Note-4 PIT, and map. Ready to backup aboot and boot, just press "Manage" then "refresh". Now your new pit should be visible under "manage drop down".

From the drop down find your device, and "select" it.
    View attachment 3048845

"Deselect all", then tic aboot and boot only (You don't want to save all in one zip, it's Gigs, and will take forever, and most likely choke on it's self later you can go back and save the other partitions that aren't backed up by TWRP).
    Then click "backup", when it's done you should now have an efsprofessional folder on your internal SD, and on your computer that contains a TAR of aboot and boot.
    View attachment 3048866
    Now is the time to donate to Liquid Perfection, or a least go back to his OP and hit the thanks button.

This is a ruff work in progress, but it's getting late, so check back for typos, correction, and updates. Please post your results good, or bad to this thread.:eek:
    THANKS!
    This is great work. Thanks so much. We've already seen a couple of our fellow Note 4 DE owners need a aboot backup to restore their unlocked bootloader. This is a must for any DE owner. It's like an insurance policy.
    If you are using latest EFS_Professional_2.1.80_BETA
    new procedure to create PIT
    Click read PIT, it will pop up "The specified PIT does not exist" click OK
    View attachment 3125653

Click save (I know confusing, but it saves it)
    View attachment 3125654

Then continue as in OP, click refresh (it's under the manage button)
    Then click on the drop down, your PIT should be there now, select it.
    View attachment 3125655

Deselect all then select aboot, click backup
    View attachment 3125656

Sip iced tea and chill
    I've done about 10, @ryanbg did it 1st, I just copied his work.

I just discovered the method, @radionerd has been diligent in helping out the community by using this method and assisting members. He is a great asset to this community.