Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen size b/t the Note 3/4 are the same, can I use my existing screen protectors?

Tip us?

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Question Screen size b/t the Note 3/4 are the same, can I use my existing screen protectors?

So, the same screen size between the Note 3 and 4 means I can use the screen protectors I have on my current Note 3?

5.7" correct?

bogdan1980
Old
Thanks Meter 527
I think so

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!
S2 oficial rom Xwlsn 4.1.2, Dorimanx 8.40/or latest beta
Optimus G

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
If true, yay.

GatoL0c0
Old
Thanks Meter 263
Depends on whether or not the proximity sensors on the front of the phone have changed or not. Personally, I wouldn't bother and would purchase one made for the Note 4.
--------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3
CM11 Nightlies / PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.0 / TWRP / 0-Day PA-GApps

bogdan1980
Old
Thanks Meter 527
Sensors are the same on front on note3-4, look at pictures

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!
S2 oficial rom Xwlsn 4.1.2, Dorimanx 8.40/or latest beta
Optimus G

jpmcnown
Old
Thanks Meter 141
What kind of a super rare/expensive screen protector are you talking about reusing, instead of just buying a new one specifically for the $800+ Note 4 you will have just obtained? As well, the glass on the Note 4 is not flat, it has rounded edges(not talking about the Note 4 Edge), which may prove interesting for screen protector production.
Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64, Locked down like an iPhone HTC One M8 32+64 /S-off/ Unlocked/ Rooted/ Rom'd, Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64 Again (Thanks Geohot)

sacky73
Old
Thanks Meter 9
The front facing camera seems to have a bigger hole and the edges of the Note 4 are curved so the same screen protectors might not be the best to use. Get a good new one.
Sony Ericsson P910i- Sony Ericsson P990I - Samsung i8910hd - Samsung Galaxy S2 - iPhone 4s (blasphemy) - Galaxy Note III

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcnown View Post
What kind of a super rare/expensive screen protector are you talking about reusing, instead of just buying a new one specifically for the $800+ Note 4 you will have just obtained? As well, the glass on the Note 4 is not flat, it has rounded edges(not talking about the Note 4 Edge), which may prove interesting for screen protector production.
The Note 4 "should" cost a lot less than it does. Given that it's no more than an incremental slight upgrade from the Note3, I'll upgrade when I get around to it. There's no rush in it for me. I may only get it because my T-Mobile Jump plan lets me. However, I take issue with the whole "$800+" upgrade stuff. I want to know what I can repurpose from my existing device such as screen protectors because honestly, I just don't see buying everything all new again simply because they moved this up one number.

I'll wait and see for myself if anything is compatible between 3 and 4. Thank you for all your feedback.