Disappointed / Missing Feature in Galaxy Note 4

23rd September 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 278

3,127 posts
I have a few, but perhaps with the Note 5 next year

1. 64bit 20nm chipset (810)

2. 64GB option.

3. Would have preferred a little shorter rather than taller than the Note 3. That said, the iPhone 6 Plus is taller than the Note 4. Jeepers.

4. Speaker on the front.
23rd September 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #272  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 37

169 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda rocks

Which of the missing feature you feel more disappointed?
I truly feel disappointed that there is no Water-Resistance and no USB 3.0 as there is in S5.
What do you feel that it is more essential but missing... Post your comment.

There's no point of have a phone that's not meant for active users to be water resistant and it doesn't need USB3.0 because it has Quick Charge and it's cheaper to replace the port and cable if anything happens to them.
23rd September 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #273  
Thanks Meter: 278

3,127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdByEchelon

There's no point of have a phone that's not meant for active users to be water resistant and it doesn't need USB3.0 because it has Quick Charge and it's cheaper to replace the port and cable if anything happens to them.

I agree that there should be an active user option, but the Note 4 would have been even bigger. The protective layer and seal design of the S5 is why it has the extra bezel. Note 4 IMO would be too big then, since would be wider.
24th September 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #274  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 140

545 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS

While I was the first to bash 64bits on iPhone 5S, based on what 64bit technology is (it mostly is actually, the 64 bit addressing), this is not entirely true. (and is indeed more of a joke on iPhones with just 1GB RAM)

BUT... there are also the new 64bit CPU registers and functions. Also that moving 64bit words is twice as fast as moving 32bit words.

So there is an advantage even before RAM goes to 4GB. Actually even for RAM, since it is already 3GB, remember that more things reserve memory space NOT included in those 3GB, like some buffers and video memory (remember the problem with Windows 32bit and having 4GB RAM... seeing about 3GB).

Also, no it won't take "several generations". Android L will be compiled to 64bit and also the kernel. So all the underlying structure will get advantage of 64bit. Bigger devs will also adapt easily (initially just compiling a 64bit version and later with full new code).

Since I keep my phones for years (although because of my work I see almost everything out there from up close), I want something more future-proof. I guess I'll wait for the next Note or maybe S6 or Z4 if they finally really update the specs in that generation (as although my Note's stylus is a nice trick AND I come from Windows Mobile where the stylus ruled, I find myself popping it out very very rarely).

64bit technology has been around for a while and we are just now starting to see broader range of apps capitalize on it. Most users wouldn't notice the difference since they aren't performing many resource intensive task. it's one thing for Android to go 64 but another thing entirely for dev community.

I really don't see much of a problem with using only 1 or 2gb of ram so long as it's sufficiently optimized to utilize it.
Last edited by Bruce lee roy; 24th September 2014 at 06:50 PM.
26th September 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #275  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 108

1,016 posts
More
So I work at bestbuy and I've been able to play with the note 4 demo and I'm disappointed in not having usb 3.0 I don't notice faster charging with the Qualcomm processor. Feel like 3.0 was faster and I miss the transfer speeds. Also the camera is barely an upgrade from the note 3. OiS is an over hype I expected leaps in the sensor but it wasn't. Front facing camera is about 15% better if I had to put a number on it.

I was going to upgrade before I got to play with it now idk.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
26th September 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #276  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 140

545 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elracing21

So I work at bestbuy and I've been able to play with the note 4 demo and I'm disappointed in not having usb 3.0 I don't notice faster charging with the Qualcomm processor. Feel like 3.0 was faster and I miss the transfer speeds. Also the camera is barely an upgrade from the note 3. OiS is an over hype I expected leaps in the sensor but it wasn't. Front facing camera is about 15% better if I had to put a number on it.

I was going to upgrade before I got to play with it now idk.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Started from the bottom now we're HERE!
26th September 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #277  
Thanks Meter: 831

5,535 posts
Being able to bend. 😉

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2! 😉
The Following User Says Thank You to borijess For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #278  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 70

622 posts
More
Price..
Listed at 629 on Samsungs website. Disappointed,, thought they'd lower the price to combat the iPhone 6..getting too greedy Sammy..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
disappointed in note 4, don't buy note 4, galaxy note 4 features, note 4
Previous Thread Next Thread