• Mali t760

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

gekkehenkie11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
I got 49900 on exynos

But you are damned to run Touchwiz. We snapdragon guys are on CM12 and it's getting pretty damn stable already :) Needless to say it blows Touchwiz totally out of the water in terms of performance, fluidness and overal responsiveness. Ah and I noted 20%-30% faster NAND throughput times, not sure if that's due to Lollipop (ah yeah, forgot you guys are still waiting for Samsung to release lollipop, haha)

BTW, I didnt optimize anything at all, just benchmarked out of the box Touchwiz, as shipped. With tweaking I'm sure it's possible to squeeze out a bit more. I was just merely saying that the benchmark the OP referred to is completely wrong.

Last edited:

jonahtriangle

Oct 6, 2009
One thing to consider is that this article was released june 2014. This is way before it was released. In the article it state the snapdragon has a quad 2.5ghz processor but was reased with a 2.7ghz. If you want to know who's is bigger and who's is thicker you need to test them now and both plane stock roms out of the box.

rsd2000

Aug 27, 2012
www.dias.com.br
But you are damned to run Touchwiz. We snapdragon guys are on CM12 and it's getting pretty damn stable already :) Needless to say it blows Touchwiz totally out of the water in terms of performance, fluidness and overal responsiveness. Ah and I noted 20%-30% faster NAND throughput times, not sure if that's due to Lollipop (ah yeah, forgot you guys are still waiting for Samsung to release lollipop, haha)

BTW, I didnt optimize anything at all, just benchmarked out of the box Touchwiz, as shipped. With tweaking I'm sure it's possible to squeeze out a bit more. I was just merely saying that the benchmark the OP referred to is completely wrong.

How is that working with the S Pen?

gekkehenkie11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
How is that working with the S Pen?

It works :) Yeah I've read that a lot here "but I will lose the s-pen when flashing custom ROM". No you will not !! Not sure why people think that, maybe they think that because it's a samsung feature it's impossible to support on a non-samsung system ? Since Samsung is using the linux kernel, they are bound by law to release all drivers. So they did, including the s-pen, so it's supported out of the box on any custom ROM !

All you need to do is download the 'markers' app from the store and after you've installed it, you have an s-pen sketch board, and after that it just works on everything else too (on the CM12 interface etc) , including air support (no need to touch the display).

The only detail that I don't like too much is the pointer itself. On stock it's a small dot, via markers it's like a mouse pointer. However I read yesterday that people are working to change the pointer, it's possible via an overlay. But then again, it's not bothering me much anyway.

Last edited:

POLO_i780

Jun 15, 2008
It works :) Yeah I've read that a lot here "but I will lose the s-pen when flashing custom ROM". No you will not !! Not sure why people think that, maybe they think that because it's a samsung feature it's impossible to support on a non-samsung system ? Since Samsung is using the linux kernel, they are bound by law to release all drivers. So they did, including the s-pen, so it's supported out of the box on any custom ROM !

All you need to do is download the 'markers' app from the store and after you've installed it, you have an s-pen sketch board, and after that it just works on everything else too (on the CM12 interface etc) , including air support (no need to touch the display).

The only detail that I don't like too much is the pointer itself. On stock it's a small dot, via markers it's like a mouse pointer. However I read yesterday that people are working to change the pointer, it's possible via an overlay. But then again, it's not bothering me much anyway.

"... You had my curiosity. But now you have my attention..."

Now that sounds awesome, thanks for informing us.

Reactions: gekkehenkie11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"... You had my curiosity. But now you have my attention..."

Now that sounds awesome, thanks for informing us.