Note 4 - UK - £599 - 03/10/2014

Search This thread

Johnmcl7

Jan 24, 2006
£499 PAYG from the EE web site
I guess that's locked to EE, how easy is it to unlock?

John

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Nice - that may be the leader for cheapest non-telco price.
Amazon are showing £600 for me which seems similar to others, I'm sure it was cheaper before but Handtec is the best price I can find for a UK handset at £560:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-note-4-32gb-charcoal-black-sm-n910f.html

John

Johnmcl7

Jan 24, 2006
Thanks for the information, I've decided to order from Amazon. De as in used them for my first Note and it works out at 540 pounds delivered with seems a good price to me.

John

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
If anyone wants a UK model I recommend going via o2 refresh. It's £69.99 upfront, then 24*£20.00 when you cancel your airtime and pay off the phone part straight away which comes to £550.00 which is cheaper than the current £600.00 at some places. You also get a free KitSound Boom Evolution speaker thrown in which retails for about £200 and go on eBay for about £100. I've done a few o2 refresh deals since o2 introduced it and it's worked pretty much all the time. You buy the phone and cancel the airtime and choose to pay off the phone part. Quite a few threads on HotUKDeals for o2 refresh, now and then you can pick up good phones at very good prices.

I also recommend no one purchase from EE, they hardcode a thing called computrace which tracks the phone etc, I'm not sure if triggering KNOX deactivates it but from what I've read people who have rooted it's still present on their devices.

Fornowagain

Jul 14, 2010
UK
Might be unlocked but the OTA upgrades will from EE not Samsung and therefore could be delayed

If it's new from EE it'll be network locked. This won't stop you flashing the latest generic non branded official firmware to get the latest OTA's, but it'll still be network locked.

Last edited:

thedarkmunk

Dec 9, 2010
I initially tried pre-ordering it from Unlocked Mobiles and they kept getting delayed.. so I just bought it off of eBay for £50 more.

Blobq

Dec 4, 2014
Hi Guys

Im in UK & on Vodafone, i'm looking to buy the note 4, have any of you guys got the exynos version or have you all got the snapdragon version?

Are you seeing any lag with either versions? Where is the best place to purchase this?

many thanks.

Mithent

Feb 3, 2009
Im in UK & on Vodafone, i'm looking to buy the note 4, have any of you guys got the exynos version or have you all got the snapdragon version?

Are you seeing any lag with either versions? Where is the best place to purchase this?

I'm on Three and wanted the Exynos version, which is not widely sold in the UK, so bought a N910C from Handtec. I think mine was imported from either Hungary or Macedonia (in the past - it was next-day shipped from Handtec), and comes with support for European SIM cards and a Europe-wide warranty. The Exynos version has a more powerful CPU, whereas the Snapdragon version has a better GPU and battery life.

I'm pretty happy with it so far. The only lag that I notice is on opening the Recent Apps list, which can take a second, and that seems to be common on the Note 4. I've been trying to disable some things to reduce that - but it's a minor inconvenience at most. The Note 4 in general is very snappy and smooth compared to my old SIII.

Last edited:

wintergaige

Aug 15, 2013
I bought an EE payg for £529.99 plus £10 top up. Ordered 26th received 30th by dpd couriers. Made a call for 5mins+ to make sure region unlocking was okay and then went to cellunlocker.net to buy an unlock code for £16 which came by email in about 5 minutes. This morning I flashed BTU firmware, rooted and installed CWM :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

Cellunlocker.net also helped out great with any European phones
Glad to see you had success too!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    e: They've confirmed the phone is unlocked, but no further information.

It's here! In my hands! Ordered on Thursday afternoon from Hong Kong, here on Monday - I'm impressed. :good:

CPUZ shows it's the Exynos version, as stated on the box. It was completely un-touched (seal unbroken). Unlocked, no need to faff around with sim cards - I did have to change the language from Chinese, but that was the first drop down while setting up, so no problem there. :good:

There's no gap. I won't try to bend it. It's... massive. I've come from an S3 - the screen on the N4 is as big as my old phone.

£535, and a week early. I'm very, very happy.
    Lest we forget the original poster :)

It seems that you can now pre-order t....

I love how this post was originally about a possible pre-order back in early September. It has transgressed into THE place for all news regarding the launch (and failure to launch) of this phone.

Over the past few weeks we have seen:

> Those waiting to hear about pre-orders
    > Those comparing prices and deals
    > Complaints about how Samsung are incapable of launching a flagship product
    > Complaints about Samsung pushing dates back for the UK
    > Complaints about Samsung offering the Gear Fit to some and not others
    > Complaints about inconsistencies regarding delivery dates
    > Complaints about third party retailers
    > Breaking News regarding order statuses
    > Breaking News about delivery statuses
    > Complaints about delivery companies
    > Those unfortunate (like me) having to wait longer for their phone due to stock or delivery problems.
    > Those informing us they now have the Note 4 and how wonderful it is

But you know what? This has to be the single most viewed thread ever for me in many years and has been incredibly useful. So to the original poster: I salute you!

Good luck to all for tomorrow :)
    I lost my Samsung 10% code. Deleted their email by accident :)
    I lost my Samsung 10% code. Deleted their email by accident :)

Give them a call, they will give you a new code and void the old one. That's what they did for me.
    PS, I gave you a "Thanks" it was in error but hey it's yours now lol!

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk