Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

non official Note 4 camera samples released

Tip us?

Hendrickson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288
Default non official Note 4 camera samples released

First non official Note 4 camera samples released (Not the fake ones from Samsung). Check it out: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/0...es-look-great/

They look pretty good, has anyone found an original 4k video recorded on the Note 4? Be interesting to see if the OIS is better than the G3's.
Phones: G Pro F240, Galaxy S4, Note 3 N9005, LG G2 F320L, G Pro 2 and now LG G3 F400L
The Following User Says Thank You to Hendrickson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bala_gamer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,548

DONATE TO ME
really promising
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73

xManMythLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Is 4k 30fps or 15 like N3 ?
Acer Iconia or Galaxy Tab 10.1 ?
My comparison
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post14801098

darkkain
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
30fps
The Following User Says Thank You to darkkain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xManMythLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Nice... id like to see more lowlight shots. The N3 was pretty terrible and made everything look like the lens was covered in gel.
Acer Iconia or Galaxy Tab 10.1 ?
My comparison
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post14801098
The Following User Says Thank You to xManMythLegend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alone again
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xManMythLegend View Post
Nice... id like to see more lowlight shots. The N3 was pretty terrible and made everything look like the lens was covered in gel.

N4 Cam is awesome

Dan1909
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
This is an area where the OIS will come in handy.

My Nexus 5 really put my GS4 to shame in low light, even though the GS4 was as good, if not better than the N5 in decent lighting. With the OIS the camera can use a slightly slower shutter speed to get a clearer image, without worrying about blurring the image as much, or having the increase the ISO to counteract the quicker shutter speed.

katamari201
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1909 View Post
This is an area where the OIS will come in handy.

My Nexus 5 really put my GS4 to shame in low light, even though the GS4 was as good, if not better than the N5 in decent lighting. With the OIS the camera can use a slightly slower shutter speed to get a clearer image, without worrying about blurring the image as much, or having the increase the ISO to counteract the quicker shutter speed.
Depends how they implement it. The G2 was so bad it took five seconds to focus and everything was a blur, even video,because they relied on too low a shutter speed and OIS only helps so much.

Dan1909
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
Depends how they implement it. The G2 was so bad it took five seconds to focus and everything was a blur, even video,because they relied on too low a shutter speed and OIS only helps so much.
You're right, it's no guarantee that it will be fantastic.

However, the Note 3 and S4/5 have been decent, although not fantastic in low light. So if we assume that the sensor/algorithms are at least as good as that on the Note 4 (although they'll most likely be a bit better!) and then throw the OIS on top of that, it should make for a better camera overall.

We'll have to wait and see for some proper reviews and user hands on feedback though!

dkreventon
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Is 4k 30fps or 15 like N3 ?
N3 does 4k at 30 FPS, not 15.