Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock ROM+HOW-TOs+Root+Mods[All-In-One]

Tip us?

LegoFarmer
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'd love the phone, but I'd miss having an unlocked bootloader.

ewingr
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoFarmer View Post
I'd love the phone, but I'd miss having an unlocked bootloader.
Someone told me that if you get the TMO version it won't have a locked bootloader, and can be usedon ATT. I'm not sure if this is true, but considering going that route.

LegoFarmer
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingr View Post
Someone told me that if you get the TMO version it won't have a locked bootloader, and can be usedon ATT. I'm not sure if this is true, but considering going that route.
Verizon :/ I really am getting tired of it from them tbh. I buy the phone, why should they lock the bootloader. (Yes, I know there are reasons, but still) they are not leasing the phone to me, You buy the device and use it on their network.I am paying for a service. That's just how I look at it.

ewingr
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoFarmer View Post
Verizon :/ I really am getting tired of it from them tbh. I buy the phone, why should they lock the bootloader. (Yes, I know there are reasons, but still) they are not leasing the phone to me, You buy the device and use it on their network.I am paying for a service. That's just how I look at it.
I sure understand that thought. But I also understand the carriers not wanting to warranty phones that we hose trying to mess with them.

It's probably too much effort to position themselves to offer an unlock code for the bootloader, which would cost 'loss of warranty'. If they don't have to warranty them, then why should they care?

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3,564

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingr View Post
I sure understand that thought. But I also understand the carriers not wanting to warranty phones that we hose trying to mess with them.

It's probably too much effort to position themselves to offer an unlock code for the bootloader, which would cost 'loss of warranty'. If they don't have to warranty them, then why should they care?
probably because so many people lie when they call for warranty service, saying they dont know why their phone suddenly "stopped" working..

Now, what could be done, is to sell an unlocked phone/boot loader, NO WARRANTY AT ALL, and see how many folks buy that model...

Not many I bet..
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...

ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..

dahmmy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
guys

noob question

how straightforward to root flash samsung notes please?