[Q] Lag even after Firmware Update

Search This thread

lrsthmp

Dec 3, 2009
Has anyone noticed a considerable lag continuing even after Samsung's most recent Firmware Update for the Note 4? Some users and commentators are praising the Note 4 for its lightning speeds and no lag, but somehow I cannot say the same. I have serious lags in most any operation of the Note 4, but especially in the Camera.

Is it also normal, that there is static when the speaker is turned up?

djunited

Sep 21, 2011
Has anyone noticed a considerable lag continuing even after Samsung's most recent Firmware Update for the Note 4? Some users and commentators are praising the Note 4 for its lightning speeds and no lag, but somehow I cannot say the same. I have serious lags in most any operation of the Note 4, but especially in the Camera.

Is it also normal, that there is static when the speaker is turned up?

What firmware are you running?

Sent from my SM-N910H using XDA Free mobile app

GalaxySpirit

Mar 29, 2013
Pafos
I can't believe i'm saying this but i have been using a Galaxy Note 4 for two weeks and i have never experienced even the tiny bit of lag. You should try disabling apps you are not using, disable sync etc. If nothing works you should try factory reseting your phone.

donharden2002

Nov 25, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'm using a tmobile note 4 on the latest anj4 firmware and my phone is almost unusable.
There's so much keyboard lag regardless of what keyboard I use.
Scrolling sometimes just completely stops until I actually pick up the s pen from the display.
I actually had a Samsung rep at best buy look at it and he couldn't believe how bad it was. I sent it to Samsung but of course since I had rooted it they said it was my fault.
I've been rooting and roming phones since the captivate and have never had an issue.
My note 4 has been like this from day 1, I bought it new from eBay which was my mistake. Now I'm basically stuck with it and at time's the lag is so bad I want to throw it out of the window.
Mine is definitely hardware defective. I have a Lumia 520 that runs smoother to be honest.
I guess the only way I can get any money back from it is to sell it for parts I suppose.

rudynasco

Dec 27, 2011
I'm using a tmobile note 4 on the latest anj4 firmware and my phone is almost unusable.
There's so much keyboard lag regardless of what keyboard I use.
Scrolling sometimes just completely stops until I actually pick up the s pen from the display.
I actually had a Samsung rep at best buy look at it and he couldn't believe how bad it was. I sent it to Samsung but of course since I had rooted it they said it was my fault.
I've been rooting and roming phones since the captivate and have never had an issue.
My note 4 has been like this from day 1, I bought it new from eBay which was my mistake. Now I'm basically stuck with it and at time's the lag is so bad I want to throw it out of the window.
Mine is definitely hardware defective. I have a Lumia 520 that runs smoother to be honest.
I guess the only way I can get any money back from it is to sell it for parts I suppose.

Samsung owner here for 2 weeks and believe me my phone is blazing fast compared the first day of use after i bought it!!!
no lags here, its the fastest android phone ive ever used and much faster and smoother than my sony z ultra!
booom

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
My Note 4 is blazing fast, the most smooth android phone i ever use. My previous android phone is HTC One M8.

Lag? No way Note 4 is lag.