Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Touch screen problem.

OP torquadon

30th November 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Newton Abbot
Thanks Meter: 6

99 posts
More
I have strange touchscreen problem on my sm-n910f. After I flashed custom recovery and one of the custom roms my touchscreen stopped working properly, even if I revert to stock. It looks like touch surface became smaller, right and bottom part of the screen doesn't work any more. Phone seems to use smaller surface for touch, so to press very bottom icon I need to press 1-2cm above it. It behaves the same in any rom and any recovery. See photos, I activated show touches in dev options. I try to look if anyone had the same problem, but I couldn't find anything. Any ideas?

I forgot to add that spen works perfectly fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141130_201844[1].jpg
Views:	178
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	3041640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141130_201849[1].jpg
Views:	178
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	3041641  
Last edited by torquadon; 1st December 2014 at 10:52 PM.
1st December 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Newton Abbot

99 posts
More
Well I know what I did wrong so just in case someone else has the same problem: I flashed wrong recovery, one for n915f (no idea how I managed to get that file instead of proper one). Funny enough reflashing good one or flashing stock rom doesn't solve my problem. Over the weekend I will go to Samsung shop, hope they can help me.
2nd December 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 300

1,506 posts
Ouch maybe they can.. id say touchscreen driver may be corrupt or something. Id try a 3 part odin flash if i were you
2nd December 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Newton Abbot

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausboy 2011

Ouch maybe they can.. id say touchscreen driver may be corrupt or something. Id try a 3 part odin flash if i were you

I tried to flash original firmware and two custom roms, no change unfortunately. I also believe it is not hardware fault, but I have no idea how to fix it.
6th December 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Newton Abbot

99 posts
More
I love Samsung warranty policy in the UK, 28 days from purchase date they replace faulty device without asking for a reason, so I got mine replaced. Pure luck.
I still believe it would be know if what I have done is reversible. I understand why flashing wrong recovery is messing with graphic driver, but I would like to know why flashing proper one doesn't solve it.
I would appreciate if someone could share some light on that matter.
6th December 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #6  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 4,881

3,957 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquadon

I love Samsung warranty policy in the UK, 28 days from purchase date they replace faulty device without asking for a reason, so I got mine replaced. Pure luck.
I still believe it would be know if what I have done is reversible. I understand why flashing wrong recovery is messing with graphic driver, but I would like to know why flashing proper one doesn't solve it.
I would appreciate if someone could share some light on that matter.

Probably has to do something with partition size. When you flashed the wrong recovery, a repartition was done and it messed up your device. Flashing the right one in a messed up partition did not solve the problem. Perhaps if you had tried to flash the appropriate PIT File for your device, the problem would have been solved. But, in the future, the safest option is to be extra careful about which files you flash. Glad you got it sorted out!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
6th December 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Newton Abbot

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridaki

Probably has to do something with partition size. When you flashed the wrong recovery, a repartition was done and it messed up your device. Flashing the right one in a messed up partition did not solve the problem. Perhaps if you had tried to flash the appropriate PIT File for your device, the problem would have been solved. But, in the future, the safest option is to be extra careful about which files you flash. Glad you got it sorted out!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I tried PIT file too, no go As I said my problem is sorted, but fact that I do not know if it could have been resolved without replacement bothers me a little bit
6th December 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #8  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 4,881

3,957 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquadon

I tried PIT file too, no go As I said my problem is sorted, but fact that I do not know if it could have been resolved without replacement bothers me a little bit

If the PIT file didn't work, then it seems that the replacement was the only way to go.

iRĄD@k!* from Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread