Any ex iPhone 6 plus users??

Search This thread

gibbo82

Jul 16, 2010
Coventry
Hi guys, just wondering how many of you out there owned a iPhone 6 plus & then went to a note 4??

Im currently thinking about jumping ship, there's things I love about the iPhone 6 plus & then there's things a like about the note 4!

Any advice guys?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RISHI RAJ

Mar 2, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have both.Acc to me iphone 6 plus is fast in opening apps,front cam is better.Games are smoother than in Note 4.But there's a lot of freedom in Note 4.Also Note 4 is way ahead in Multitasking.Sound in iphone with headphones is better with good bass & clarity.
But if you'll switch there will be no regret

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

yoniinfante

Dec 25, 2010
Miami
Hi guys, just wondering how many of you out there owned a iPhone 6 plus & then went to a note 4??

Im currently thinking about jumping ship, there's things I love about the iPhone 6 plus & then there's things a like about the note 4!

Any advice guys?

Cheers

Decisions are made by thinking what kind of life you have and what kind of guy you are, its very simple, if you like simplicity just stay with your iPhone, now if you are like me, a techy guys, first of all that's why I haven't own any apple products cuz you have to stick with what they offer that's all, like I was saying, myself, I like to play around, rooting, flashing roms, I like to have control of my phone, my cpu, my gpu, I like to overclock, under clock, overvolt, undervolt, I like the way I can make my phone software different from others, because I HAVE FULL CONTROL, I like my 32GB Note 4 plus my 128GB micro SD card, yes that's a hard drive, but I use it cuz im rooted and now I can record 4k videos for 30 minutes instead 5min stock, you have the idea??? i can go anywhere and plug my phone via usb and have access to my phone, i don't have to rely on apple software or any software to access my phone or transfer anything from any computer. Yes i know you guys can jailbreak but, its not even close, i work with several iphone users, i wish u can see their face admitting and showing me their iphone lagging, but lagging like really bad on the browser, u cant still access a lot of sites, no flash player support, damn if i keep going i wont let another user share their thoughts, well i hope you got my point, good luck bro if you ever jump to the Note 4 it will be a good experience, Android is open source, and that's what makes the difference, cheers:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I have both.Acc to me iphone 6 plus is fast in opening apps,front cam is better.Games are smoother than in Note 4.But there's a lot of freedom in Note 4.Also Note 4 is way ahead in Multitasking.Sound in iphone with headphones is better with good bass & clarity.
But if you'll switch there will be no regret

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

that's stock vs stock, now bring me your iphone and lets play any song, like i said, after you root android its another world, after flashing Dr. Kertan sound mode on my Note 4 its definitely louder and better than my friends iphone, in everyway, also i don't have any problems playing any high end game on my Exynos Note 4. Also which Note did you compare the front camera? the 3.7MP wide lens on the front camera of the Note 4 is far way better than the one in the iphone, and im not talking because of the pixels, cheers:fingers-crossed:

gibbo82

Jul 16, 2010
Coventry
I like the iPhone 6 plus for its simplicity os, better range of apps that seem more stable than android (although android is catching up). I love the iPhone's keyboard, And yes the music seems more loud & clearer on the iPhone. The battery on the 6+ is amazing. I like android because it's so open & your not limited like iOS. I'm also a tech guy & like to play about. It's like having a mini PC in your hand.

Abdl

Dec 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Oh boy! There we go. Another iOS vs Android war.

Anyways im just gonna contribute mine too. Y'all iPrisoners have no idea what you are missing until u get out of it. I used to be one myself until i crawled out of darkness. So I'd say dont just stick to people's opinions,buy it,try it and see for yourself.

f4vr

Feb 8, 2012
Metro Manila
IOS is simple from the beginning but the problem is if you already know all of it and you want to do more, you cannot do it on an iPhone. While on Android, it is not that complicated that you almost cannot use it from the start. But in time, it will get simpler. And if you already get used to it and you want to do more, you can do it on android. If you want more feature on Android, just install a third party app. While on IOS, you have to wait for a major upgrade to get few simple features. But still depends on your preferences.

scout16

Mar 11, 2015
If you're a heavy gamer, don't buy the Note 4. The gaming performance is great in Note 4 BUT after 20 mins the GPU underclocks and the game become laggy because it's overheating. I played intensive games in my sister's 6 Plus for 2 hours and the performance was still good.

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Even though I have a Note 4 I would say keep the Iphone 6 plus, I had an iphone 6 and I miss quite a few thing about it, mostly the fluidness of ios 8.2 , I just couldn't deal with the poor battery life , the small and low res screen, but the Iphone 6 plus solves all of that, I would say wait for the note 5 maybe, the current touchwiz is quite ugly, we are still to get the new touchwiz found on the s6, lollipop 5.0.1 is slow , there's no permanent root, the bezels of the phone scratch like crazy, maybe wait a few months for thigs to settle , but I would say right now is not worth it ...

kamranhaghighi

Apr 8, 2012
Orgrimmar
Decisions are made by thinking what kind of life you have and what kind of guy you are, its very simple, if you like simplicity just stay with your iPhone, now if you are like me, a techy guys, first of all that's why I haven't own any apple products cuz you have to stick with what they offer that's all, like I was saying, myself, I like to play around, rooting, flashing roms, I like to have control of my phone, my cpu, my gpu, I like to overclock, under clock, overvolt, undervolt, I like the way I can make my phone software different from others, because I HAVE FULL CONTROL, I like my 32GB Note 4 plus my 128GB micro SD card, yes that's a hard drive, but I use it cuz im rooted and now I can record 4k videos for 30 minutes instead 5min stock, you have the idea??? i can go anywhere and plug my phone via usb and have access to my phone, i don't have to rely on apple software or any software to access my phone or transfer anything from any computer. Yes i know you guys can jailbreak but, its not even close, i work with several iphone users, i wish u can see their face admitting and showing me their iphone lagging, but lagging like really bad on the browser, u cant still access a lot of sites, no flash player support, damn if i keep going i wont let another user share their thoughts, well i hope you got my point, good luck bro if you ever jump to the Note 4 it will be a good experience, Android is open source, and that's what makes the difference, cheers:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

that's stock vs stock, now bring me your iphone and lets play any song, like i said, after you root android its another world, after flashing Dr. Kertan sound mode on my Note 4 its definitely louder and better than my friends iphone, in everyway, also i don't have any problems playing any high end game on my Exynos Note 4. Also which Note did you compare the front camera? the 3.7MP wide lens on the front camera of the Note 4 is far way better than the one in the iphone, and im not talking because of the pixels, cheers:fingers-crossed:
also remember note 4 is like half the price! it has s-pen and etc(good screen) anyway note 4 disappointing me alot, even to the point of considering iphone! i had nexus 4 before, i got this as a gift, specially the updates are driving me crazy!

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

If you're a heavy gamer, don't buy the Note 4. The gaming performance is great in Note 4 BUT after 20 mins the GPU underclocks and the game become laggy because it's overheating. I played intensive games in my sister's 6 Plus for 2 hours and the performance was still good.
if i don't consider iphone an option but am a heavy gamer, what android phones would you recommend? (bigger = better :D)

scout16

Mar 11, 2015
also remember note 4 is like half the price! it has s-pen and etc(good screen) anyway note 4 disappointing me alot, even to the point of considering iphone! i had nexus 4 before, i got this as a gift, specially the updates are driving me crazy!

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

if i don't consider iphone an option but am a heavy gamer, what android phones would you recommend? (bigger = better :D)
Nvidia Shield Tablet. But if you really want a phone, get the HTC One M8. It has a little slower and outdated hardware but more stable performance when playing games.

kamranhaghighi

Apr 8, 2012
Orgrimmar
Nvidia Shield Tablet. But if you really want a phone, get the HTC One M8. It has a little slower and outdated hardware but more stable performance when playing games.
My father has it:D its small but awesome!
What do you think about moto x,z ultra(only if it had qhd.. I mean pixels are bigger than my face) g4 and nexus 6? I guess g3 lags!

I was going to buy shield when i unexpectedly received this gift :/ now i cant change phones for 2 years!(my fatger bought it)

Btw i was just playing nova 3 as test, not even the slightest lag, but its much less intense! I rrmebe whenni first bought it it didnt lag!

Last edited:

RISHI RAJ

Mar 2, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Poco F3
@yoniinfante

Im also a fan of Note 4 but you have to accept the truth that iphone 6+ is definitely better in front cam,there's no doubt about it.Also in terms of sound it is mind blowing out of the box & not by modding or rooting which voids the warranty.Gaming is also smooth in it,even playing for long durations.

boostnek9

Feb 12, 2010
Toronto
I jumped ship. I had the iPhone 6 tough.

I do have a reason for the switch though and it stems from the bending issue.. I had my iphone 6 bend. even with the applecare + 2 year warranty, they laughed and told me I sat on it.

I've had every iPhone since they were released..

Went home, posted mine, my wife's iphones, 2 x apple tv and 2 ipads. All gone..

Apple is a garbage company.

f4vr

Feb 8, 2012
Metro Manila
The reason why it lags because the phone overheats. So if you know how to tweak your phones and install custom kernels, buy a faster phone and just underclock it so that it won't overheat instead of buying a slower phone. Most of the games can still be handled by Note 4 even on half the clock speed. And when you need a faster speed, you can set it back to normal clock.

Abdl

Dec 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The reason why it lags because the phone overheats. So if you know how to tweak your phones and install custom kernels, buy a faster phone and just underclock it so that it won't overheat instead of buying a slower phone. Most of the games can still be handled by Note 4 even on half the clock speed. And when you need a faster speed, you can set it back to normal clock.

Do you have any suggestions for the 910H variant that tends to overheat on average moderate usage? As it has no much custom kernels support

f4vr

Feb 8, 2012
Metro Manila

Abdl

Dec 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Abdl

Dec 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Install Elixir 2 app and look for any process that is constantly running or getting high CPU on the background even when you're not using it.

Ok here is what i saw. Are u referring to this?? It seems to be the heaviest cpu consumer on my device.

Attachments

• 1432661945963.jpg
    1432661945963.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 105

f4vr

Feb 8, 2012
Metro Manila
Ok here is what i saw. Are u referring to this?? It seems to be the heaviest cpu consumer on my device.

Yes. That's the same with what I have last time. If you didn't install any additional third party security software, it could be the Knox application.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Yes. That's the same with what I have last time. If you didn't install any additional third party security software, it could be the Knox application.

If you are rooted, try to freeze all Knox application using Link2SD.