New Line + Cancel = Cheaper?

27th September 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 10

57 posts
More
Right now I've opted to preorder using the AT&T Next on my main line. But I'm wondering if there isn't a cheaper route. Does anyone see a problem with purchasing the Note 4 on a new line, and then canceling 15 days later? In theory, the new phone will cost $300, plus the $325 ETF, minus the $200 from Samsung. That makes the price out to $425, plus a what, $36 activation fee and $40 for the first month? So about $500 for the phone. Am I missing something or is that about it? Otherwise it's $625 after paying for the monthly fee minus the $200 from Samsung. Thoughts, ideas?
27th September 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wichita, KS
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slhawkins

Right now I've opted to preorder using the AT&T Next on my main line. But I'm wondering if there isn't a cheaper route. Does anyone see a problem with purchasing the Note 4 on a new line, and then canceling 15 days later? In theory, the new phone will cost $300, plus the $325 ETF, minus the $200 from Samsung. That makes the price out to $425, plus a what, $36 activation fee and $40 for the first month? So about $500 for the phone. Am I missing something or is that about it? Otherwise it's $625 after paying for the monthly fee minus the $200 from Samsung. Thoughts, ideas?

If you cancel your wireless plan while you're on the installment plan, AT&T will bill you for the remaining balance on the device.
27th September 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 10

57 posts
More
Yeah, I probably should have been clearer. If I opt to add a new line with a 2-year contract and pay the $300 instead of the monthly fee, then there is no installment plan. At that point there's just an ETF to pay.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread