Note 4 GPS

OP alpinesun

8th September 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

48 posts
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone heard anything about the accuracy (or simply how well it works) of the Note 4's GPS. I remember my Note 3 would drop location repeatedly and it would annoy the crap out of me while I was on my motorcycle. It was really the only reason I got rid of the N3 for my One M8 in the first place. I needed that reliability for my "adventures" . If the GPS is rock solid on this new Note, I will be making the change back. Any info uncovered or indication that it is improved would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to alpinesun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 399

2,171 posts
More
i never had gps issues on my note 3 i just had signal issues. radio sucked
8th September 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag Southgate
Thanks Meter: 296

2,200 posts
More
I'm sure it should be fine. I have had a Galaxy S2, S3, Note 2, S4 all AT&T models except the first s3 I owned it was international, then AT&T once my area got LTE.

Anyway never had an issue with GPS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th September 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,012

3,612 posts
Donate to Me
The GPS on my T-Mobile Note 3 isn't very good in comparison to all my previous Galaxy phones.
I can't even get it to be accurate and it does drop out from time to time.
10th September 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hampton, GA
Thanks Meter: 82

406 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinesun

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone heard anything about the accuracy (or simply how well it works) of the Note 4's GPS. I remember my Note 3 would drop location repeatedly and it would annoy the crap out of me while I was on my motorcycle. It was really the only reason I got rid of the N3 for my One M8 in the first place. I needed that reliability for my "adventures" . If the GPS is rock solid on this new Note, I will be making the change back. Any info uncovered or indication that it is improved would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I was frustrated with the GPS on the Note 3 as well. Couldn't get a decent lock while I was using it in a sports armband while running though it was much better if I held the phone in my hand during the runs. (not the most comfortable thing given the size) Finally took a look at a schematic to find out where the GPS chip was located. Turns out it is on the back side of the phone near the camera. So, it is blocked very well if being used in a sports armband as the back is generally pressed against your body that way.

Not sure where it was on previous devices, but either it was closer to the edge or the chip was better..

hope they realized this and did a better job this time
13th September 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 357

2,126 posts
All antennas sacked on my Note 3. GPS wifi and network signal. Really hoping new antenna breaks in the casing of note 4 helps.
14th September 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:

Same here, my Note 3 gps is very bad every 10 min losing location
Now I wanna try to get European version of Note 4 no more American
6th October 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

48 posts
Bump... Just in case any new information on this topic has risen
13th October 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

Bump... Just in case any new information on this topic has risen

Same here [emoji4]
13th October 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 27

191 posts
Nothing new yet... not many in the wild as of yet.

But my Note 2 refused to point the right direction in Google Maps. The little blue arrow was always randomly wrong, really annoying. I'm told it was a compass problem and not the GPS. (Thats why navigation worked so well, it uses GPS rather than the compass). It is, soon to be was, really annoying.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread