Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 4 GPS

Tip us?

alpinesun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Note 4 GPS

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone heard anything about the accuracy (or simply how well it works) of the Note 4's GPS. I remember my Note 3 would drop location repeatedly and it would annoy the crap out of me while I was on my motorcycle. It was really the only reason I got rid of the N3 for my One M8 in the first place. I needed that reliability for my "adventures" . If the GPS is rock solid on this new Note, I will be making the change back. Any info uncovered or indication that it is improved would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA mobile app

oneandroidnut
Old
Thanks Meter 368
i never had gps issues on my note 3 i just had signal issues. radio sucked
Currents:
LG G3
Awaiting Note 4
Sold:
Note 3 DE, OnePlus One 64 GB, HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X

Jonnyredcorn
Old
Thanks Meter 282
I'm sure it should be fine. I have had a Galaxy S2, S3, Note 2, S4 all AT&T models except the first s3 I owned it was international, then AT&T once my area got LTE.

Anyway never had an issue with GPS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CZ Eddie
Old
Thanks Meter 979

DONATE TO ME
The GPS on my T-Mobile Note 3 isn't very good in comparison to all my previous Galaxy phones.
I can't even get it to be accurate and it does drop out from time to time.
TMO Galaxy Note 3 on ATT unlimited data plan

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire

****DIY kickstand case!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52585717
****Help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth Audio working in AOSP ROM's!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440

ReggieSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinesun View Post
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone heard anything about the accuracy (or simply how well it works) of the Note 4's GPS. I remember my Note 3 would drop location repeatedly and it would annoy the crap out of me while I was on my motorcycle. It was really the only reason I got rid of the N3 for my One M8 in the first place. I needed that reliability for my "adventures" . If the GPS is rock solid on this new Note, I will be making the change back. Any info uncovered or indication that it is improved would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I was frustrated with the GPS on the Note 3 as well. Couldn't get a decent lock while I was using it in a sports armband while running though it was much better if I held the phone in my hand during the runs. (not the most comfortable thing given the size) Finally took a look at a schematic to find out where the GPS chip was located. Turns out it is on the back side of the phone near the camera. So, it is blocked very well if being used in a sports armband as the back is generally pressed against your body that way.

Not sure where it was on previous devices, but either it was closer to the edge or the chip was better..

hope they realized this and did a better job this time

ipmanwck
Old
Thanks Meter 349
All antennas sacked on my Note 3. GPS wifi and network signal. Really hoping new antenna breaks in the casing of note 4 helps.

beka1982
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinesun View Post

Same here, my Note 3 gps is very bad every 10 min losing location
Now I wanna try to get European version of Note 4 no more American