Note Edge lumped into Note 4 forums

OP Rudolpht

3rd September 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

71 posts
Wondering if the mods will create a forum or subforum for the Note Edge. My concern is primarily related to android dev if there are difference, and I assume there will be some

I'm having flashbacks to the Oppo Find 7 forums where the two major difference handsets were "lumped"(that was comic relief, not a comment on the supermods on XDA. In that case until changed, every ROM thread had multiple "Does this support the new Find 7s?"
Just wondering.
3rd September 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 25

109 posts
More
I'm actually wondering if we will see custom roms for the Note Edge...? Doesn't the display and/or resolution have a big effect on the OS? I cannot imagine teams like CM, PA, AOKP, etc, making use of that "edge" screen on their roms. To me it sounds like flashing any custom rom on this device will "disable/disregard" those extra pixels... but i could be very wrong
8th September 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Cool
Does anyone know if the Edge will be compatible with the Galaxy VR or only the Note 4?

Thanks!
9th September 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 28

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugabug

Does anyone know if the Edge will be compatible with the Galaxy VR or only the Note 4?

Thanks!

Note 4 only
10th September 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,121

1,291 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugabug

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbreeeezy

Note 4 only

I have the same exact question... any confirmation on this? Only Note 4? No Edge compatibility with Virtual Reality?
10th September 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 28

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKHD

I have the same exact question... any confirmation on this? Only Note 4? No Edge compatibility with Virtual Reality?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ifa_...eview-1126.php
Quote:

The Gear VR kit, based on the Oculus technology, presents an entirely new way for you to use your smartphone. Just pair with your Note 4 (it's the only compatible device for now) and enter the VR world, armed with a touchpad, keys and sensors for making your way around. We'll get into the details shortly.

The Following User Says Thank You to ohbreeeezy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,121

1,291 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbreeeezy

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ifa_...eview-1126.php

Thank you man... Hope that .1 of main screen lost isn't a real issue with the VR... Maype a simple patch should fix this... hopefully Samsung will add the Edge later on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread