Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has Samsung improved there stock earphones ?

Tip us?

aukhan
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,094

DONATE TO ME
Default Has Samsung improved there stock earphones ?

Till dated Samsung note 123 all of them had poor quality earphones can we expect some good quality stock earphones out of the box.

What do you think ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Dan1909
Old
Thanks Meter 53
People actually use the stock earphones!?

Mine have always been kept in the box, I have a semi-decent pair of earphones that I use daily. To be honest though, I doubt any phone ships with earphones that are actually worth using over even a fairly cheap pair of third party set.

So I wouldn't advise you rely on the Note 4 shipping with anything impressive!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan1909 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aukhan
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1909 View Post
People actually use the stock earphones!?

Mine have always been kept in the box, I have a semi-decent pair of earphones that I use daily. To be honest though, I doubt any phone ships with earphones that are actually worth using over even a fairly cheap pair of third party set.

So I wouldn't advise you rely on the Note 4 shipping with anything impressive!
We've companies like Iphone Apple earphones are decent,Nokia Inear ear plugs stock (lumia610) are excellent.
I also have my note 2 earphones still inside my box unused and I currently own a Nokia Coloud I am happy with them.

chong67
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Isnt it up to each carrier? I know T-mobile is cheap and never include any headphone.

GatoL0c0
Old
Thanks Meter 263
Consider it a bonus if they do. Highly unlikely that you will get a set of earbuds worth talking about. I personally don't care for them since I have my own Bluetooth earbuds.
--------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3
CM11 Nightlies / PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.0 / TWRP / 0-Day PA-GApps

erdemc
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
Till dated Samsung note 123 all of them had poor quality earphones can we expect some good quality stock earphones out of the box.

What do you think ?

I both have note 2 and note 3 headphones also s4 and s5 headphones and i love them. For me note 2 and s5 headphones are the greatest. Note 2 headphones has great bass and treble balance. ( Actually it has the best bass over all sammy headphones ). Using them with 63 db kernel headphone boost and viper4android for clarity.It has poor cable quality though. This is my third in two years. S5 headphones are great too with 60 db of course. Music gets too loud on 63 db. Note 3 headphones are also great with 60db boost. In all of them s4 has the crappiest ones. Although it 'doesnt suck' at 57db i wouldn't prefer them.

oneandroidnut
Old
Thanks Meter 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Isnt it up to each carrier? I know T-mobile is cheap and never include any headphone.
verizon doesnt either. last phone that had headphones was s3 or s4?
Currents:
LG G3
Awaiting Note 4
Sold:
Note 3 DE, OnePlus One 64 GB, HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X

mardukeme
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
My Tmobile Note 3 came with headphones.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

krelvinaz
Old
Thanks Meter 550
Quote:

What do you think ?
You buy a $700 phone.... why would you not invest in some good earphones if you even like them?

Many providers don't include headphones anymore.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Correct. They provided earphones, not headphones.
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator
The Following User Says Thank You to krelvinaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brava27
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:

What do you think ?

I've never used stock earphones from my S3,S4,S5 Note 2,3,4. Always use the best earphones.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Telus Galaxy S5
HTC M8, LG G2, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Blackberry Torch 9810, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Tour 9630, iDEN Motorola i800, i790, etc, Motorola Pebble, Nokia 6000, Motorola StarTak
Telus
Toronto, Canada