Init.d Enabler (No custom kernel) + Busybox Installer

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Init.d Enabler + Busybox Installer

attachment.php

As name suggest it's simple tool to enable init.d support without custom kernel. Also this tool have option to install busybox.

Requirement : Rooted Note4 (may work on other device but not tested) + Knowledge - why you needs to enable init.d. :p

Installation :

- Download attached InitD enabler 1.1 apk and install as regular application.
- Before using it make sure you have busybox installed as init.d requires to have busybox. (many custom ROM haves busybox included but stock ROM won't have it.)
- Open application from drawer
- If your device doesn't have busybox then first select to install busybox and reboot.
- Select to enable init.d support and reboot.
Now device should have init.d support. This tool will inject small test script to check init.d is enabled or not.
- Select Test option from application, it will show you status of init.d as floating message. In case status = Working then look for time too, it should match to last boot time of device.
- If you are not sure about busybox and status doesn't show working, you can try Installing busybox and see.

If everything is fine then you can un install application. Also you can delete test script (system/etc/ini.t/ketan) too.

Credits & Thanks : Busybox developer. (If I am not wrong he is Erik Anderson)

What is init.d ?
This is the traditional service management package for Linux, containing the init program (the first process that is run when the kernel has finished initializing¹) as well as some infrastructure to start and stop services and configure them. Specifically, files in /etc/init.d are shell scripts that respond to start, stop, restart, and (when supported) reload commands to manage a particular service.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-24-22-06-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-24-22-06-16.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 7,029
Last edited:

Catpoule

Aug 19, 2011
Saint Claude
Hi my friend. I just installed it as I run a custom kernel but I don't know where I can find the different scrips to use with it ? The most common and interesting one I mean. I know there are many scripts.

Envoyé de mon SM-N910F en utilisant Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Init.d Enabler + Busybox Installer

attachment.php

As name suggest it's simple tool to enable init.d support without custom kernel. Also this tool have option to install busybox.

Requirement : Rooted Note4 (may work on other device but not tested) + Knowledge - why you needs to enable init.d. :p

Installation :

- Download attached InitD enabler 1.1 apk and install as regular application.
    - Before using it make sure you have busybox installed as init.d requires to have busybox. (many custom ROM haves busybox included but stock ROM won't have it.)
    - Open application from drawer
    - If your device doesn't have busybox then first select to install busybox and reboot.
    - Select to enable init.d support and reboot.
    Now device should have init.d support. This tool will inject small test script to check init.d is enabled or not.
    - Select Test option from application, it will show you status of init.d as floating message. In case status = Working then look for time too, it should match to last boot time of device.
    - If you are not sure about busybox and status doesn't show working, you can try Installing busybox and see.

If everything is fine then you can un install application. Also you can delete test script (system/etc/ini.t/ketan) too.

Credits & Thanks : Busybox developer. (If I am not wrong he is Erik Anderson)

What is init.d ?
    This is the traditional service management package for Linux, containing the init program (the first process that is run when the kernel has finished initializing¹) as well as some infrastructure to start and stop services and configure them. Specifically, files in /etc/init.d are shell scripts that respond to start, stop, restart, and (when supported) reload commands to manage a particular service.

Dr., L8 is already init.d supported or we want to use this tool to enable? Pls advice
    Busybox is Preinstalled on All My ROMs but you need to use this tool for init.d if you need it.
    for what is init.d ?