- Pre rooted
- Enabled all languages
- Included stock Kernel
- Screen mirror fixed
- Messaging Features

• Backup/Restore Option
    • No SMS to MMS conversion
    • 200 recipient
- Shortcut you assigning to long press home (aroma selectable)

• Flashlight
    • GoogleOK
    • KillApp
    • Screenshot- Power menu updated for two more fetures apart from 5 way reboot
    • TorchLight - Flashlight
Shortcut - You can select any application or shortcut (special shortcut you can get from aroma like google/Kill app/ScreenShot/Torch) You have to select Shortcut as default action when you first time click on it. Later you can re assign shortcut anytime from ROM Tool - Reser power menu shortcut
- Key light duration
- Outdoor Mode
- ScreenShot Toggle
- SystemUI Mods Aroma selectable)

• Stock Clock with stock batter
    • Stock Clock with seconds (HH:MM:SS) with stock battery (ROM Default)
    • minit battery and minit clock with lots of customization of clock like colors/Style/Position etc
    • Option to recert to ROM default SystemUI
- 300 + Fonts
- Extended Power menu

• Power Off
    • Restart
      • Reboot
      • Hot Reboot
      • Download
      • Recovery
      • Safe Mode
    • Emergency
    • Shortcut
    • Torch Light
To Use Shortcut - you have to select 'Shortcut' option as default when asked. After this you can select any application you want to use with shortcut. To use Kill Application (Which will kill foreground app) / Screenshot, you have to select corresponding shortcuts from aroma while flashing ROM.
- Network meter with color option
- Left statusbar virtual key (Single press menu, Long press Multiwindow) with toggle
- Right virtual key (Single press lock, Long press power) with toggle
- Viper Sound Mode (Stock built in kernel compatible)
- Dolby Sound Mode (Stock built in kernel compatible)
Aroma have chouce to select Viper only Dolby only OR Both
- Toolbox and SideKey (Need to select from aroma)
- Long press home customization.
You can use almost any app or short cut with long pressing home. To use it open settings - default application - device assistance app - device assist app - select LP home in place of google.
- Extra shortcut added to aroma. (Requires if you want to assign long press home/Power menu shortvut to set as screenshot)
Screenshot (You can assign to long pree to capture screenshot)
Kill App (You can assign to long pree to kill foreground app)
Google OK - You can assign to long press home to start direct listening (No need to say hi galaxy)
- Outdoor mode - Settings-Display
- KeyLight duration setting (Settings-Display)
- Titanium and Mega Preinstalled as user app and you can simply remove as normal apk.
- 5 Way reboot menu -
This is standalone app for 4 way reboot option
Depending on status fuctions available may vary. ROM user will have options for Turn off, Reboot,Reboot to recovery and Reboot to download mode.
Pro users have extra soud features (Do not disturb/Vibrate/Sound) + Virtual key on Rt lower corner to launch 4 way reboot menu.
- ROM Tool
Essebtial Fix -When device boot first time it will popup to apply essential Fix, Recommended to apply fix. In case you missed that, you can do it from ROM Tool
SystemUI mode - to change Virtual key settings,Network meter and color options
Update and Bug Fix - Link to bug fix and update in case any.
Force Root - If some old application doesn't working (not asking for root access), you can apply Force root to fix issue (Probable) For this, you must have already applied essential Fix
after that long press on 'Apply essential fix' and reboot device. Now those app should run normally.

PRO features of ROM

How to Get Pro

Some features may vary from above mentioned. Read Changelog post for your ROM version for details.

Circulating/Distributing/Using any part of ROM to other project is strictly not allowed.

Credits and Thanks :Huge Thanks and credit goes to @Phil3759 for his awesome SeLinux permissive kernel. Also a big thanks for is outstanding work for Note community.

@Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch. @Chenglu @jcadduono @bigbiff and all other team members for custom recoveries. @ guitardedhero and @ worstenbrood for sound mods. @ UNS4 for RAM mod.@ficeto for awesome custom settings. @ oluwaponmile for references @mariozawa for potato mode @BSDgeek_Jake for his Ad free host @TEKHD for some Tips.

XDA:DevDB Information

Dr Ketan ROM N7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Contributors
dr.ketan
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information
Testing
Kernel : Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here
Created 2016-08-28
Last Updated 2016-09-26

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Last edited:

dr.ketan

Installation Instructions :

- Download Odin 3.12.3 or higher

- First you need to Flash Bootloader and Modem for PH6. If you already having a ROM running on PH6/7 then skip this step.
In case you are on Old version, Download N930FD_PH6_Bootloader and Modem zip, extract it and Flash BL*.tar.md5 file with Ap tab and Phone*.tar.md5 file with Phone tab of odin. This file is for N930FD and in case you have different variant, kindly update your base first with OTA/Full ROM flashing.

- Next you required id TWRP recovery. If you already have one then skip this, otherwise download twrp-3.0.2-0-gracelte.img.tar and flash using Odin. In case Odin Fail during flash, reboot to recovery - wipe cache and try again. Here is original thread for TWRP support.

- Once you have TWRP Installed Download ROM and copy on SD card or USB OTG device.

- Reboot to recovery (TWRP) - I recommend clean install. Select to format device.

- Select to Install - select storage (Where you copied ROM zip) - navigate ROM zip and select it.

- It may take few minutes to finish

- Reboot and again wait for few minutes till android wizard starts

Last edited:

johar.sanjeev

Account currently disabled
Jul 25, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Guys I have bricked my device while working of N7 root but before that I got opportunity to make a simple basic ROM with prerooted and specially for Indian users who want to use VoLTE and bought the device from abroad.

ROM is minimally debloated with some critical fix, Odexed.

I will write Installation instructions soon.

Contributors
dr.ketan

Version Information

Created 2016-08-28
Last Updated 2016-08-28

Great dr. Ketan

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

@ Dr. Ketan just try to do via diffrent pc through smart switch. It happened to me to but on diffrent pc with 2-3 tries it restored.

drunkdino

Feb 14, 2015
Mumbai
Thanks doc. I hope you get the device replaced or fixed from dubai.

Does this Rom include the new ota BHP7

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Great dr. Ketan

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

@ Dr. Ketan just try to do via diffrent pc through smart switch. It happened to me to but on diffrent pc with 2-3 tries it restored.

Already three attemp made with 2 PCs
Just got message from other users who have bricked same way, Got a replacement under warranty.

not-i

Feb 19, 2012
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Good work mate :good: Might give it a try later if time permits when its uploaded. Still setting up my build environment. I haven't bothered doing much since Note 4 myself just some small little personal builds on my Note 5 but starting to get back in the mood

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [26.09.16] Dr.Ketan ROM I Jio VoLTE I Safe version I Green Battery

ROM Features

- Light Debloated
    - De-Knoxed
    - Pre rooted
    - Enabled all languages
    - Included stock Kernel
    - Screen mirror fixed
    - Messaging Features

• Backup/Restore Option
      • No SMS to MMS conversion
      • 200 recipient
    - Shortcut you assigning to long press home (aroma selectable)

• Flashlight
      • GoogleOK
      • KillApp
      • Screenshot- Power menu updated for two more fetures apart from 5 way reboot
      • TorchLight - Flashlight
    Shortcut - You can select any application or shortcut (special shortcut you can get from aroma like google/Kill app/ScreenShot/Torch) You have to select Shortcut as default action when you first time click on it. Later you can re assign shortcut anytime from ROM Tool - Reser power menu shortcut
    - Key light duration
    - Outdoor Mode
    - ScreenShot Toggle
    - SystemUI Mods Aroma selectable)

• Stock Clock with stock batter
      • Stock Clock with seconds (HH:MM:SS) with stock battery (ROM Default)
      • minit battery and minit clock with lots of customization of clock like colors/Style/Position etc
      • Option to recert to ROM default SystemUI
    - 300 + Fonts
    - Extended Power menu

• Power Off
      • Restart
        • Reboot
        • Hot Reboot
        • Download
        • Recovery
        • Safe Mode
      • Emergency
      • Shortcut
      • Torch Light
    To Use Shortcut - you have to select 'Shortcut' option as default when asked. After this you can select any application you want to use with shortcut. To use Kill Application (Which will kill foreground app) / Screenshot, you have to select corresponding shortcuts from aroma while flashing ROM.
    - Network meter with color option
    - Left statusbar virtual key (Single press menu, Long press Multiwindow) with toggle
    - Right virtual key (Single press lock, Long press power) with toggle
    - Viper Sound Mode (Stock built in kernel compatible)
    - Dolby Sound Mode (Stock built in kernel compatible)
    Aroma have chouce to select Viper only Dolby only OR Both
    - Toolbox and SideKey (Need to select from aroma)
    - Long press home customization.
    You can use almost any app or short cut with long pressing home. To use it open settings - default application - device assistance app - device assist app - select LP home in place of google.
    - Extra shortcut added to aroma. (Requires if you want to assign long press home/Power menu shortvut to set as screenshot)
    Screenshot (You can assign to long pree to capture screenshot)
    Kill App (You can assign to long pree to kill foreground app)
    Google OK - You can assign to long press home to start direct listening (No need to say hi galaxy)
    - Outdoor mode - Settings-Display
    - KeyLight duration setting (Settings-Display)
    - Titanium and Mega Preinstalled as user app and you can simply remove as normal apk.
    - 5 Way reboot menu -
    This is standalone app for 4 way reboot option
    Depending on status fuctions available may vary. ROM user will have options for Turn off, Reboot,Reboot to recovery and Reboot to download mode.
    Pro users have extra soud features (Do not disturb/Vibrate/Sound) + Virtual key on Rt lower corner to launch 4 way reboot menu.
    - ROM Tool
    Essebtial Fix -When device boot first time it will popup to apply essential Fix, Recommended to apply fix. In case you missed that, you can do it from ROM Tool
    SystemUI mode - to change Virtual key settings,Network meter and color options
    Update and Bug Fix - Link to bug fix and update in case any.
    Force Root - If some old application doesn't working (not asking for root access), you can apply Force root to fix issue (Probable) For this, you must have already applied essential Fix
    after that long press on 'Apply essential fix' and reboot device. Now those app should run normally.

PRO features of ROM

How to Get Pro

Some features may vary from above mentioned. Read Changelog post for your ROM version for details.

Circulating/Distributing/Using any part of ROM to other project is strictly not allowed.

Credits and Thanks :Huge Thanks and credit goes to @Phil3759 for his awesome SeLinux permissive kernel. Also a big thanks for is outstanding work for Note community.

@Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch. @Chenglu @jcadduono @bigbiff and all other team members for custom recoveries. @ guitardedhero and @ worstenbrood for sound mods. @ UNS4 for RAM mod.@ficeto for awesome custom settings. @ oluwaponmile for references @mariozawa for potato mode @BSDgeek_Jake for his Ad free host @TEKHD for some Tips.

Contributors
    dr.ketan

Version Information
    Testing
    Kernel : Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here
    Created 2016-08-28
    Last Updated 2016-09-26
    ChangeLog
    Dr.Ketan ROM Basic - Initial version
    Dr.Ketan ROM M1
    Dr.Ketan ROM M2
    Dr.Ketan ROM M3

Installation Guide & Download N930F/FD Dr.Ketan ROM ROM M3 'Safe Version' Green Battery

Installation Guide & Download N930F/FD Dr.Ketan ROM ROM M2

Installation Instructions :

- Download Odin 3.12.3 or higher

- First you need to Flash Bootloader and Modem for PH6. If you already having a ROM running on PH6/7 then skip this step.
    In case you are on Old version, Download N930FD_PH6_Bootloader and Modem zip, extract it and Flash BL*.tar.md5 file with Ap tab and Phone*.tar.md5 file with Phone tab of odin. This file is for N930FD and in case you have different variant, kindly update your base first with OTA/Full ROM flashing.

- Next you required id TWRP recovery. If you already have one then skip this, otherwise download twrp-3.0.2-0-gracelte.img.tar and flash using Odin. In case Odin Fail during flash, reboot to recovery - wipe cache and try again. Here is original thread for TWRP support.

- Once you have TWRP Installed Download ROM and copy on SD card or USB OTG device.

- Reboot to recovery (TWRP) - I recommend clean install. Select to format device.

- Select to Install - select storage (Where you copied ROM zip) - navigate ROM zip and select it.

- It may take few minutes to finish

- Reboot and again wait for few minutes till android wizard starts

Here is how my device got bricked and revived later.

How happened - Me was assisting Chainfire to fix SuperSu for N7. SuperSu 2.77 almost ready and I have tested with everything working in routine test. Then CF decided to test CF Auto root as well. Test 1 made - Didn't worked. Test 2 made and CF said this one is last and if this doesn't work, he will look into it once he get his N7. Here unfortunately device stuck to samsung logo + No recovery + Everything was failing with Odin

What measures couldn't revive it. - It was bricked at about 1.30 to 2am and till 5.15am I have tried following things
    - Flashing Full ROM
    - Almost every component like BL, Modem, Param, Recovery, Kernel almost everything
    - Tried flashing PIT but failed too.
    Same log with odin
    Initializing and then Fail with (Device Info) step, nothing component actually even gets start flashing.

- Tried Smart Switch - It has recognized device but again fail at 0% while flashing stage (Repeated 2 times)
    Accepted it is bricked and I have no option to switch on so with keeping Samsung logo on screen and went to sleep.

While woke at 8.45 - Still Samsung logo was there but no heating or any sign. Still I am able to get Odin mode but everything was just failing.
    Went to office and decided to wait till device dies with low battery. Happened at about 11.45 am.
    Now I remembered JIG I have bought while mass bricked N1 era for prophylactic measure. Decided to work once again after reaching home
    Charged device for 5-10 min

2.30PM later
    Pugged in JIG but happened nothing as device was not off but on samsung screen
    With JIG plugged in rebooted and device went to download mode. (Jig worked)
    Now decided to flash one combo so picked Stock recovery + Patched kernel (I have made few such combo earlier for other test purpose)

And Voilla.. It was flashed normally. Odin passed.
    I was able to enter recovery. Immediately I have wiped cache, Format device and flashed TWRP - Rebooted to TWRP - Flashed SuperSu (last test version i had on USB)

And device booted normally !

To start from scratch with new device so taking too much time. Specially multi dpi stuff.
    Anyway close to finish modding for N930 Dr.Ketan ROM M1
    Yet will take some time to finalize. Trying to make most features like available for other device Dr.Ketan rom.
    Let's see, still very early stage of N7 development.