Random restarts and then asking for a password (that doesn't exists)

Search This thread

Goremael

Apr 28, 2011
Veracruz
Hello,

I'm having a weird issue with my Note 7 that I didn't have at all until tried to root for the first time....

It randomly restarts, sometimes is very often and sometimes it take a few hours to do it, but when it does it just restarts out of nothing and when Android loads again it asks me for a password that doesn't even exsits

"To start your device, enter your password" (Picture attached)

This started to happen after used the rootable kernel that was published before SuperSU 2.77 Beta but even reflashing the stock firmware, bootloader, modem, CSC it keeps doing it even when my Android is not yet configured (at the first Welcome screen before setting the phone up), so there is no password at all at this point. I've tried my Google account password, but it doesn't work.

This message is the same that comes up when you select "Secure Boot" so you need to enter a password or PIN to decrypt your data and be able to load it, but I don't have that option checked, and could not be checked when the phone is not even configured.

The way to work around this issue is flashing the no-verity-opt-encrypt mod that is not supposed to be needed anymore after SuperSU 2.77 has been released. So flashing this mod will get me into my Android home screen but it will eventually restart again and I need to flash this mod again.

This is what I've tried so far and it keeps happening:

- Flashed the rootable kernel when it was published and the no-verity mod. I formated data as indicated in the post. Then this problem appeared.
- Flashed stock firmware, bootloader, modem, csc thinking this would remove any trace of the mods I flashed, but kept happening.
- Factory reset from the Samsung recovery, had the "no verity" errors sometimes and sometimes not.
- Flashed other firmwares, bootloaders, modems, csc from other countries but for the same model N930F and kept happening.
- Flashed custom ROMs, formated system, data, everything.
- Flashed stock firmware again.
- Flashed custom ROMS again with the new SuperSU 2.77 and keeps happening.

I have done every single flash that actually exists for the Note 7 and formated everything with no luck....

Has anyone have this issue or had it at all at some moment? If so... How did you manage to get rid of this message?

I hope someone can help, If it was faulty phone I think it would restart at any point even in Recovery or Download mode, but only happens inside of Android.

Attachments

• 20160828_175840.jpg
    20160828_175840.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 152

Goremael

Apr 28, 2011
Veracruz
Yep, saw that post... But never seen anyone complaining about the phone asking for a password when reboots (only when it crashes) its like it was asking for a password to decrypt the phone.