Which 3rd Party Launcher Works Best With Note Edge?

Search This thread

slimshotty

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Personally, I use Smart Launcher 3 Pro. Simple, effective and easy to customize. It doesn't have any additional features for the Note Edge. If you haven't already you should give it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Captivate-me

Captivate-me

Oct 19, 2010
Personally, I use Smart Launcher 3 Pro. Simple, effective and easy to customize. It doesn't have any additional features for the Note Edge. If you haven't already you should give it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I bought Smart Launcher 3 Pro after reading your post, and I love it so far.
Thanks!

NekoShinigami

Feb 19, 2015
Launcher 10. Was using go launcher before that but I gotta give it up for this new one. I found it on XDA by accident and the amount of features and customizations blew me away. The paid version is totally worth it. It auto hides the edge panel like the others though so if that's not your thing don't try it. I only really miss panda home from back in the day on my Droid 1 with the side panels and stuff I had a load of real estate left when I moved everything to a side bar. That's part of why I love my edge so much it brings that flexibility back with folders on my edge panel.

Sorry I got carried away. Definitely recommend launcher 10 though

Sent from my SM-N915V using XDA Free mobile app

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Which launcher would be best at allowing us to replicate the stock homescreen touchwiz dock?
qIENqa7.jpg

I kinda see no point in having 2 docks, one on the side and then another on the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Which launcher would be best at allowing us to replicate the stock homescreen touchwiz dock?
qIENqa7.jpg

I kinda see no point in having 2 docks, one on the side and then another on the bottom.
Could Nova allow a slightly similar setup to the dock?

So far I'll throw up TSF Shell for it's collapsible hide away dockbar. Giving ya more real estate on the screen and a dock when ya need or nothing at all.

edo101

Oct 26, 2013
yeah I feel the strife of those like that like how well TW does the Edge panel. I like my Edge panel on at all times. Thats why i bought the damn phone.

ANyways I only need Nova cause I want scrollable background. I am very forgetful when it comes to my school schedule so having a fullsize schedule I can scroll is necessary. Is there an app that can do scrollable wall paper

edo101

Oct 26, 2013
I downloaded an app called landscape wallpaper. It allows for scrollable background. Only reason I ever used Nova launcher. Now that they dont' care enough about the Edge phone, screw it. TouchWiz 4.4.4 does Edge better than anything else out there. Sorry to those who like Nova for other reasons. I got no more need for them.

Vorridor

May 5, 2013
On my Verizon note edge dev edition, all 3rd party launchers seem to make the popup notifications stick and then I have to force close the app to remove the popup. Example : TIBU, always has a popup at the bottom of the screen that says all application info has been loaded, it gets stuck there. TWiz doesn't have this issue. Could this be fixed somehow or a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
9QI2B1t.png

k3Iklps.png

fcgqwhd.png

7ZMnCjl.png

Now you can see a near complete edge launcher tw replica, I done the phone text shortcut as its more aesthetically pleasing to the eye with the stuff that has the soft menu on the right side of the screen.

If I can figure out a way to add any application as a shortcut I made out of a camera shortcut it has a text messages shortcut as well.

Camera
1st way
1cJAisW.png

E59b5sS.png

vuYdA57.png

2nd way
zgHF1nH.png

I changed it up a lil
dlUlg5m.png

I think it's safe to say with Total Launcher making Note Edge Launcher TW Clone Homescreen the options are quite endless.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    None of the 3rd party launchers support proper use of the Edge panel yet. I've been in discussion with Nova Launcher's development team and they claim to be working on it. For the time being, unfortunately, the Touchwiz launcher is the only option for full Edge panel support.
    I'm waiting for Nova with edge screen support. Waiting eagerly.
    Hey quangtran1 do you have an invite code for flow launcher?
    You should be able to use GPLS01.
    I like the Apex launcher and don't have any issues except in landscape mode where my notifications bar is a bit awkward to access

At least it does landscape. Hey Samsung, is it really that hard to do? Touchwiz should support it natively.
    Just got into my Verizon variant yesterday. I installed Nova on the store demo just to make sure it worked. I put Nova on mine almost immediately. I actually like how the edge panel is tucked away until you swipe it. I'm planning on setting a gesture to open the app drawer and hide the dock, using the edge panel instead.