Default messaging app prompt (annoyed) assistance needed

Search This thread

sabreem

Jun 18, 2010
Greetings XDA,

O.k. I'm new to Samsung and touchwiz so please forgive me, coming from the HTC One to the Edge. I previously used a few messaging apps going to one for this and another for that, keeping one for private messages an another for this and that... Google voice, go sms or handscent, the stock sms app, and hangouts, now voice and hangouts are kinda merging... however I am finding it annoying to be forced to stick with only one messaging app... it appears that touchwiz will only allow one such app controlling access to send messages.... is there a way to disable the system from forcing me to stick to only one app and locking the other ones?

I'm currently running the below rom
[ROM] Sprint Note Edge SM-915P NK1 Rooted Stock Deodexed

Thanx for any helpful suggestions

jbnorton0524

Feb 8, 2014
Im on stock and it lets me pick between sms/mms apps. Im using the lollipop messaging app from the play store default

Sent from my SM-N915P using XDA Free mobile app

sabreem

Jun 18, 2010
Maybe it's just me then...
However try and use another sms/mms app if it's not your currently selected default messaging app, and see if it allows you to send a message from that app without changing it to now become your new default messaging app.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk 2

jbnorton0524

Feb 8, 2014
No it makes you switch tha one to default. but thats very easily done in settings. It like hangouts, it is on the edge, but i refuse to use it cuz i hate it for some reason. I d/l' ed "messaging" for lollipop in play store and enabled it as default in settings and im a happy camper

Sent from my SM-N915P using XDA Free mobile app

sabreem

Jun 18, 2010
I guess I'm the only one this is a bother to, sad face and lowered head...

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk 2