[ROM] [N915PVPU2BOC8] [100% Stock, Root, Odexed/Deodexed, No KNOX/Itson] [4/28/2015]

Search This thread

copachono

Nov 18, 2014
i would like to get SSU too, since some had confirmed to have it functional on lollipop custom roms, but this 100% stock so may not be working the SSU, any chance to have sim lock free on this rom?

well i got it today but, no luck for me, im stuck on the optimizing app screen, after a few time the phone but and keeps booting

George.73

Jan 14, 2017
Adelaide
The answer is yes to all of your questions. I think you should do more research before tampering with your phone so that you first know exactly what you're doing and secondly learn how to do what's required to flash a custom/stock rom. You WILL trip the KNOX coynter on your phone if your root and flash non official roms. There's more information about this, just search.

Wait a minute! How can I have Odin flashed the stock N915PVPU2BOC8 and still have a root and recovery?! All md5 root files that I could grab were designed for 6.0.1 :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bring to you completely stock builds of Lollipop (N915PVPU2BOC8). Built from the official Samsung tar. The rom is rooted and has init.d/busybox support. Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed completely. The roms are available as odexed and deodexed . Also included in every rom is the OC8 modem and HLOS patch to ensure you have the latest modem with this rom. (the HLOS patch is the factory Samsung modem patch and I simply added it in just like the official tar. I have no other details, it is official from Samsung and apparently has an important purpose.).

Other than having root, the removal of Knox & Itson, these roms are completely stock in every other way. These roms are stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. These roms are intended for those people who want the stock roms in their original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I WILL NOT add the hotspot mod to this stock rom. there is a seperate thread for this. Some people actually pay for the hotspot and the mod does not need to interfere in any way for those people.

I give permission for other dev's/chefs to use this rom as your base and I highly recommend that you do so because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung .tar. However I do expect credit if you use this rom or portion of it for any other project. If you like my work please press that Thanks button and consider making a kind donation for my efforts. Enjoy!

Important Note: Before flashing ANY Lollipop ROM. including this one, you MUST first have done one of the following: Taken the Lollipop ota update OR odin flashed the stock N915PVPU2BOC8_N915PSPT2BOC8_SPR rom tar. If you are still on any KK based rom (including any KK AOSP/CM based roms) then you MUST first update to Lollipop by one of the two methods I mentioned BEFORE flashing either of these roms..

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal storage to another location.

2. Download the rom using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the md5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the AFH md5 using a md5 tool on your pc. (Google is your friend).

4. Put the downloaded rom onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the samsusung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to do a "Data" wipe. This will wipe all of your internal storage so MAKE SURE you backed up first like i said in step #1 above! Then go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended on first time flashing Lollipop.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the rom "N915PVPU2BOC8_Odexed/Deodexed_Stock_ROM" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the rom and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Press "Reboot" then "reboot system".

9. Initial rom setup will take several minutes and remain on the yellow Sprint Spark screen for at least 13 minutes (definately much longer than what you are used to). Let the phone setup/optimize for at least 15 minutes and the screen WILL eventually turn off once it finishes.

10. When you see the screen turn off, you can proceed with the setup wizard. Once finished with setup wizard wait a few moments and the phone will automatically install the sprint apps. You must either "accept" or "disagree" with each and every google prompt for these apps or else the installs pause untill you do so.. Also you will be prompted for the "connections optimizer". Quickly set it to what you want and close it. That's it! You're done!

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device.

DOWNLOADS
    I couldn't agree more. this is a STOCK rom. I clearly stated this in the OP. If you want a custom rom with mods, etc then wait for a chef to build it using this base rom or simply build your own rom. I come here to help all of you out and from the looks of the number of thanks vs the number of downloads of this rom, it is very clear to me that only a few of you truly appreciate the time and effort that goes into making roms, mods, etc. I am very dissappointed to see this and my work here is done. I hope this serves you all well and more dev's will show up to continue doing great things for your Sprint Note Edge.

For those of you who have shown your appreciation, (you know who you are) feel free to contact me for anything and I will be more than happy to help you out. All others please don't bother. I know who has truly appreciated this and those who do not. From this point forward I will ONLY build custom roms for those who I know have supported my efforts by donating and have actually shown their appreciation. It's that simple. Have a good day.
    That's right. ALWAYS confirm the md5 if available before flashing any rom. However I suspect you have left over data somewhere that's causing your problem. Try backing up your files and do a factory reset and wipe everything a few times each. This will probably solve your problem. My next suggestion would be to flash with the latest TWRP.

As for debloating, this can be done easily as mentioned above but you have to know exactly what to remove and not go deletings things just because you think you don't want it. You will end up removing apps that are necessary for other apps to work correctly. Only remove know bloat apps and leave the rest alone unlees you are confident what the app and it's dependecies are. It's not like the old days when the unnecessary bloat crippled and slowed down the phone and used up too much memery. The Note 4 doesn't suffer from these symptoms like older devices. Just be careful what you delete beyond the obvious bloat apps.

I'm suprised somebody hasn't started working on a custom de-bloated rom for you guys yet. Are there no chef's here yet? If not maybe i can recruit a buddy to help you all with a debloated rom with a few popular mods & tweaks etc. I'll see what i can do but my time is limited right now and i still have to focus on my rom for the device which i do own. LOL.
    +1000

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quick question about the hybrid rom. It may be similar with stock but every once in a while I bump the phone and the screen turns on. Is there a way to turn off that feature or is that even an option?
    Thanks and sorry to post in this stock thread but I just don't know if it's a glitch or a feature that is turned on.

Charles

This may or may not be a feature on the Note Edge. I haven't heard of it before. The only feature that I know of that is similar on the regular Note 4 is the vibration upon picking up the phone to notify you of notifications. But this doesn't turn on the screen. I suspect your issue is somehow part of the stock rom because I haven't changed anythin in the rom that would cause anything like this. I'm not familiar with the Note Edge.

I will build a new X-Series rom with V4A if there is enough interest and continued support from users.
    Just wanted to post because I try albeit a little but I Really appreciate all of the developers. For some reason this took longer than expected because of outdated credit cards in my PayPal account. Thank you tx_dbs_tx!

PayPal transaction # 0DF57944BR625872R

Charles