Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Shield Tablet Open Source Factory Preinstalled

OP Keithn

10th August 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #11  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 209

1,180 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gytole

Hopefully someone who is rooted/stock is willing to send us some screen shots. I actually kinda prefer this build over the stock nvidia one...its a lot faster. Theres absolutely no lag...granted I use sd maid/unlocker, fstrim, and nova. But so far this rom has been great. And you cant beat that barebone feel of android! Although the nvidia optimizer is there its unavailable through the settings menu. You can tell how stuff is like in there but hidden. Theres pros and cons to both. I just need to get the right build props to make the playstore see this as the shield tablet. Youve been a great help bub btw I appreciate it.
It just sucks that my first experience with the shield tablet was a bad install of android out of the box? Thats the first time ive ever had a software related wifi failure. The only other time was eith my droid 2 back in the day. LOL

Btw Other Shield Tablet owners, this is the screenshot I need from YOU so i know what to change my props too. Im using rom toolbox pro, but the lite version allows adjustments too. All I need is the screenshot! Much appreciated!

10th August 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 22

57 posts
More
thanks bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaplinger76

Thats what I needed! I'll punch it in and see what the playstore thinks!
10th August 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #13  

57 posts
More
Quote:

Can you send me this one too? And youre on stock right? Like the Tablet came out of the box and you rooted?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-09-23-38-07.png
Views:	71
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	2891331  
10th August 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #14  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 209

1,180 posts
More
Quote:

Can you send me this one too? And youre on stock right? Like the Tablet came out of the box and you rooted?

Yep, stock and rooted

10th August 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #15  

57 posts
More
Thanks man!
Your awesome for the shots! So far no luck but ill cha ge the prkps from your next 2 also and ill post back!

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote:

Yep, stock and rooted

I noticed what was wrong, after changing like 20 lines, including the fingerprint which SUCKED! The one that I needed to change was the ro.product.build!
I had it, just by guessing at SHIELD TABLET, and while my gf and I were lookingat it I randomnly noticed that it was SHIELD Tablet, and not SHIELD TABLET! I REBOOTED AND IT WORKED!! YOU SIR, ARE AWESOME!! I appreciate the help!! And Keith, when you built the img's I noticed you put your name in them? You should just change that one line to SHIELD Tablet, and you'll basically have you're own rom with the playstaore recognizing your tablet as the Shield Tablet! Thanks guys, a million!
10th August 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127

492 posts
More
Quote:

Your awesome for the shots! So far no luck but ill cha ge the prkps from your next 2 also and ill post back!

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I noticed what was wrong, after changing like 20 lines, including the fingerprint which SUCKED! The one that I needed to change was the ro.product.build!
I had it, just by guessing at SHIELD TABLET, and while my gf and I were lookingat it I randomnly noticed that it was SHIELD Tablet, and not SHIELD TABLET! I REBOOTED AND IT WORKED!! YOU SIR, ARE AWESOME!! I appreciate the help!! And Keith, when you built the img's I noticed you put your name in them? You should just change that one line to SHIELD Tablet, and you'll basically have you're own rom with the playstaore recognizing your tablet as the Shield Tablet! Thanks guys, a million!

It automatically uses the user name @ PC name when you build from source. Good to know

Sent from my wx_na_wf using XDA Free mobile app
10th August 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #17  

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithn

It automatically uses the user name @ PC name when you build from source. Good to know

Sent from my wx_na_wf using XDA Free mobile app

Oh! No big deal! Your name is still all in it. Its just the one line, I assume, thats seperating the playstore from recgonizing it as the shield tablet! Lol
3rd September 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #18  
Flag Milpitas
Thanks Meter: 103

521 posts
More
This build has external sdcard issues. My 128 GB SD card shows as damaged, every other ROM with sdcard support (including stock) works fine. I'd love to be able to use a pure android build on the tab, any chance of making another build?

EDIT: seems to have issues with exfat formatted cards, works fine with sdcards formatted as fat32 😥
Last edited by Gilbot; 4th September 2014 at 09:15 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
shield tablet
Previous Thread Next Thread