FORUMS

Why I went back to 4.4.2

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By rhinolow, Junior Member on 16th December 2014, 03:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok I know a number of these threads have been posted but I have really benefited from going back to 4.4.2 and hope others who are frustrated with this tablet will benefit from my experience. I was all about getting lollipop, it was one of the reason s I bought the shield tablet. But I imediately had problems with moving apps to the SD card, bad hang ups with Chrome, and lal the other stuff people have talked about on this forum. Yes I formated to NTFS, factory reset after the upgrade, and got rid of facebook, but still as much as I liked some of the new features, esp "safe devices" my tablet just didn't run well. After giving it a good couple of weeks, I unlocked the bootloader went back to 4.4.2 and even regformated my sd card to fat32 and I've got to s got to say I couldn't be happier, Folder Mount is my friend again, my 128 gig sd card works like a charm, apps run smoother, and I'm so much happier with my tablet know. I'm rooted, with custom recovery and have a ton of games, emulators, and productivity work software, and I've still got a good 6 gig free on the internal drive. I hope they get things worked out with Lollipop on this device, but I honestly don't think it's ready. Also one more piece of advice, if you need a case/keyboard the Zagg 8" folio key board is worth every penny. Rant over.

19th December 2014, 01:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
please answer
Can you please tell me how to downgrade back to KitKat
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)