Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Big problem with 128GB SD Card

Tip us?

MADCastro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Big problem with 128GB SD Card

Hello everyone, i am having a serious problem with my 128GB SD card. I have formatted it on my Shield before using it, but i can't move apps or files to the SD Card. It usally gives a error message. What should i do? Format it with a Linux Distro using GParted on the PC? Should i format it to FAT32 or NTFS? I'm out of ideas.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-S7562L using XDA Free mobile app

rushless
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Mine works fine in FAT32, but would not work in Exfat or NTFS. I am still on 4.2 OS though.

MADCastro
Old
(Last edited by MADCastro; 16th July 2014 at 04:58 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I forgot to say i am using 4.4.2, OTA Update 77.

Also, it is suggested that exFAT with 2048 cluster size would work for 64GB cards. Is it a good idea to do this on a 128GB card?

Sent from my GT-S7562L using XDA Free mobile app

mastertiti2000
Old
Thanks Meter 7
It's because of Kitkat. You must install "SDFix: Kitkat Writable Micro SD" in Playstore to have the permission to write SD card. You need root access for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to mastertiti2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

android666
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down SDFix KitKat Writable MicroSD on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertiti2000 View Post
It's because of Kitkat. You must install "SDFix: Kitkat Writable Micro SD" in Playstore to have the permission to write SD card. You need root access for that.
Do not use "SDFix KitKat Writable MicroSD" on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with D5503_14.4.A.0.118... because it f..k your phone. When it is on cable (charging) and you turn it off, it will always auto-turn on.

nish@nish
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Also same problem with my samsung 32gb memory card class 10it give a error and some times file moves but when i want to see those files they are converted into something u like icon and wont open how to fix it is there a way to fix it

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app
[CENTER] your android is designed to under perform,unleash the beast,ROOT today...:cool