Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,776 Members 53,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

To keep or return?

Tip us?

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,547
Default To keep or return?

So I have had this tablet since June. I have enjoyed using apart from a touch screen issue I had since day 1; sometimes when clicking something the screen goes haywire and flickers with the notification bar pulled down and random inputs registered. A simple sleep/wale fixed it. I've disabled prism, factory deserted etc but the problem still exists and has got worse a few days ago.

Since the retailer I bought it from can't offer me a exchange they have offered me a full refund. Should I go ahead?

I can get 100 back when right now this tablet is probably worth a lot less on eBay.

I really like this tablet wish I could have am exchange. So what other 7" tablet can I get with the money?

I'm willing to add up to an extra 80.

I don't see the point in getting an nexus 7?
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

asratxda
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I was going to suggest you to try some of the chinese tablets, but then I saw in the signature that you own a "Ployer Momo20" tab. I had "CUBE U9GT4" and I enjoyed that tab for almost 1.5 years, that tab was slimmer tan tegra note and had an aluminium body. You can try some Retina resolution 10 inch tab from "PiPO", or visit arctablet.com( admin is very helpful person ) .

bomblim
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
So I have had this tablet since June. I have enjoyed using apart from a touch screen issue I had since day 1; sometimes when clicking something the screen goes haywire and flickers with the notification bar pulled down and random inputs registered. A simple sleep/wale fixed it. I've disabled prism, factory deserted etc but the problem still exists and has got worse a few days ago.

Since the retailer I bought it from can't offer me a exchange they have offered me a full refund. Should I go ahead?

I can get 100 back when right now this tablet is probably worth a lot less on eBay.

I really like this tablet wish I could have am exchange. So what other 7" tablet can I get with the money?

I'm willing to add up to an extra 80.

I don't see the point in getting an nexus 7?
I'm guessing the tablet that you have may have some hardware issues. since the seller offers full refund and the tablet is worth much lesser on eBay than what you paid for, why don't you get a full refund and use the money to buy the same tablet off eBay? I can't say for sure that the next tablet will have absolutely no problem, but I guess it's worth a shot since you like the tablet.

Personally I like my hp slate 7 extreme (tegra note variant) a lot since it allows me to get a tablet from a mainstream manufacturer at a low cost. This is important to me because it ensures that the tablet will receive future updates. Even if it doesn't, the developers are here to support us with new roms and stuff. Thanks developers!

I'm always up for trying new gadgets and won't rule out the possibility that there can be better alternatives from Chinese manufacturers, but if few people are using them, it will mean that the information you can find out of the internet is very limited if you encounter any issue with them. Who knows, maybe there is a tablet out there that has the best of both worlds. If you do find it please let us know. Share the love