[Q&A] [Super Tool][Utility] Nvidia Tegra Note 7 Kitkat Unlock BL, Restore, Recovery,

Search This thread

proudtobepinoy

Nov 4, 2014
Hi,

I have the Cherry Mobile (Philippine) Tegra Note 7 but I think I want to go back from 5.1 to 4.4.2...I am totally new to this unlocking of bootloader thing..but can it be done? I mean is it possible to return from 5.1 lollipop to stock 4.4.2 and totally everything stock like I never rooted Or unlocked the bootloader.....

rchrdcrg

Nov 19, 2010
Branson, MO
www.youtube.com
Hi,

I have the Cherry Mobile (Philippine) Tegra Note 7 but I think I want to go back from 5.1 to 4.4.2...I am totally new to this unlocking of bootloader thing..but can it be done? I mean is it possible to return from 5.1 lollipop to stock 4.4.2 and totally everything stock like I never rooted Or unlocked the bootloader.....

Considering the almost-total lack of any developer interest in this, that'll be a hard question to answer. We'll have to wait until the few devs around here get their hands into the new update and see what's changed as far as bootloaders/root/etc are concerned. Hopefully we'll get an updated Super Tool for 5.1, but since this is such a big update to the OS, there's a good chance we won't be able to roll back from 5.x once it's updated.
On a side note, why in the world would you not want the update? Are you having issues? I'm sure we'd all like to know before we update our tablets.

proudtobepinoy

Nov 4, 2014
@rchrdcrg I have read in the Tegra Note 7 Google + community that the update I received is just a pilot or soak test...So I want to roll back to kitkat until the real 5.1 update rolls out but if it's not possible, it's fine...
@iMaterial You may read my opinions with the 5.1 lollipop version on another thread I made

rchrdcrg

Nov 19, 2010
Branson, MO
www.youtube.com
@rchrdcrg I have read in the Tegra Note 7 Google + community that the update I received is just a pilot or soak test...So I want to roll back to kitkat until the real 5.1 update rolls out but if it's not possible, it's fine...

Ah, just as I suspected... well hopefully we'll all be seeing the full update soon enough. I keep checking for updates about 2-3 times a day, haha... been waiting a long time for this, and I'm anxious to get it!

@iMaterial You may read my opinions with the 5.1 lollipop version on another thread I made

Yes I have been reading that thread, part of why I am here. Thanks! :good:

Right now I'm trying to get the GPS to work or fix a position and I read somewhere there is a fix for it. Does anyone know if the super tool 2.5 has a fix or update that I can run to get the GPS working? On the EVGA TN7.

proudtobepinoy

Nov 4, 2014
Yes I have been reading that thread, part of why I am here. Thanks! :good:

Right now I'm trying to get the GPS to work or fix a position and I read somewhere there is a fix for it. Does anyone know if the super tool 2.5 has a fix or update that I can run to get the GPS working? On the EVGA TN7.

Never did used gps on my tablet but now that you mentioned it..I tried it just recently inside my room...it pointed my position on google maps quite accurately...

Feb 2, 2015
urgent help needed

so i have xolo tegra note i bricked 2 months ago then went to a shop he unbricked it by flashing advent vega on it then i again rooted it installed twrp on it everything went fine but then i noticed it that twrp is not working correctly ota update of lollipop was not also installing i thought it was bcos of the new software so i took nandroid backup from my bro (he also has tn7 xolo) then i flashed his backup to regain xolo and then i am stuck on tegra note boot logo im not able to boot in recovery please sugest me now what to do i dont want to go to that shop again and waste my money i tried it unbricking through super tool but it is not detecting my device please someone help me:crying:

akabane25

Apr 6, 2014
the only big problem here with the 5.1 update for tegra note 7 is everytime you power off and power on the device it will always optimized the apps.

Petitsurfeur

Jun 3, 2015
Paris
OnePlus 8T
Optimizing aplications at every reboot

Hi

I upgraded to Lollipop yesterday and I used thid app to install Recovery, root and I used the SD Card fix.
Everytime I boot the TN7, it's optimizing the applications during several minutes.

Is it normal ? How can I resolve this ?

Thanks

Petitsurfeur

Jun 3, 2015
Paris
OnePlus 8T
Error : This package is for "tegranote" devices; this is a "tegratab"

Hi
I have a big problem.

Yesterday, I did factory reset, used your tool to unlock the bootloader, then I updated my TN7 with the tegra_note_7_system_update_3.0__5.1.zip you linked and then I used your tool to flash TWRP and root.
All was quite fine. I wanted today to restore to 5.1 with your tool because each time I rebooted the TN7, it is optimizing all apps and it was annoying.

I did factory reset and I bricked it

I tried many and many things (I had a "new" recovery, maybe the stock so I used your tool to install TWRP again > OK).
Using your tool, I tried "restore to 5.1" with Fastboot Protocol, factory reset, all seems fine, I waited 30 minutes but I get stucked with "TEGRA NOTE" Logo.
TWRP has gone and I have an "Android System Recovery". I can't apply update from external SD card (access denied)

And if I try to install, via TWRP, the 5.1 with tegra_note_7_system_update_3.0__5.1.zip, i get this error message : This package is for "tegranote" devices; this is a "tegratab".

I don't know what to do.

Update : Nice bricking exercise. I used Nvidia Tegra Note 7 Super Tool 2.6 and I finally succeeded :) Back to 4.4.2. I will now update to 5.1

Last edited:

mortuus82

Apr 22, 2010
Malmo
Anyone knows why i cant unlock the bootloader ? it kicks me off to the fastboot menu but i never get any option to unlock it or not ? i have drivers installed it shows ok and device before i start why nothing happens? i cant downgrade before i unlock bootloader but the stupid tablet wont do anything ? The program according to test shows all drivers are ok no idea why it wont work, have tryied restart so many times.

I have tried v 2.5 and 3.0 same result i have evga version.

Last edited:

Petitsurfeur

Jun 3, 2015
Paris
OnePlus 8T
I don't know why you can't unlock the bootloader.
I did a factory reset, then I unlocked the bootloader with the v3.0 tool.

By the way, I found why everytime I power off and power on the device it will always optimized the apps. It happens after I rooted with SuperSU-v2.46 via TWRP (v2.7.1.0).

bladebioniq

Sep 1, 2013
Thanks for Supertool 3 - that way I managed to reroot 5.1 again using the linux version of your cool tool. Just a minor hickup - had to start the script twice because at first I only got the default recovery without any possibility to install a zip. So I enabled fastboot protocol in the original revocery and stayed in it. - On the PC I started the script again to see the correct recovery. Do not know why but that was the only way to root a Gigabyte TN7.

After that I changed the governor to powersave and clock speed to 1428 MHZ to reduce battery consumption and heat related issues.
Not ideal for action games - still lags - but sufficient for the rest.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Hi

I upgraded to Lollipop yesterday and I used thid app to install Recovery, root and I used the SD Card fix.
Everytime I boot the TN7, it's optimizing the applications during several minutes.

Is it normal ? How can I resolve this ?

Thanks

Had this also. Until I removed Youtube app from system apps (after rooting). Maybe less then 10MB in system partition are not enough. Now with 15MB free I have not seen this again.

PS You can remove any other system app you are not requiring at boot up time instead of Youtube.
PS2: Several days later: Now only saw this optimizing after installation of new apps or updates ...

Last edited:

bladebioniq

Sep 1, 2013
Just to let you know that my rooted Tegra Note 7 (Lollipop update) gained some speed in games without lagging any more (at least only at rare moments so it is ok for now). At least my Antutu score decreased from 39k to 36k but that it was worth this. I installed the L Speed tweak (http://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/tweak-l-speed-v1-0-02-02-2015-t3020138) and chose all optimizations I could get from that tweak. Maybe this will help others, too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I been trying to unlock this device for some time and nothing works. I tried different versions of the supertool and nothing workin on my evga tn7...
    when it reboots after selecting the unlock bootloader option, it says their should be "unlock" bootloader option but nothing shows up... adb and fastboot is installed and working cause I have rooted my g3 w/o issues

well after some trial and error, tried in a VMware Linux w/o success andon my win8 pc I switch to my old and slow as hell windows 7 pc got it to unlock finally