How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any ad-hoc (IBSS) solution for the TN7? (trying to tether)

OP madmatt2024

9th November 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
I know this issue has been brought up multiple times before with Android devices but please hear me out. I have an Xperia Play (rooted) on Page Plus and would like to be able to tether it with my TN7 (rooted). If I use the built in hotspot on the phone the TN7 sees it and connects with no problem however I get the "This device is currently not authorized to access Dial-Up Networking services, please contact your wireless service provider for more details." when I try to access a webpage. I can't seem to find a workaround for this. I can also use Barnacle on the phone which works fine with my PC but the TN7 can't see it because it broadcasts an ad-hoc network and Android doesn't like that. I tried the solution brought out here http://szym.net/2010/12/adhoc-wifi-in-android/ and here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...-ibss-t1591207 but the edited file is about half the size of the stock one on the TN7 and once I copy it over the wifi is stuck at turning on until I put the stock file back and restart. I see the explanations of what needs to be changed in wpa_supplicant but I don't know what program I need to open and view the file contents. If I open it in notepad or even emacs its all gibberish and random characters, not what's shown in the examples. Can anyone shed some light on this issue and please tell or show me what do I need to do to make my TN7 connect to an ad-hoc network.

Of course, if anybody knows how to get an Xperia Play to tether with an infrastructure network that would be equally useful.
Last edited by madmatt2024; 10th November 2014 at 04:40 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad-hoc, barnacle, tether, tn7, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread