Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sound and music stuttering in games

Tip us?

Fuwolf
Old
(Last edited by Fuwolf; 12th August 2014 at 10:30 PM.) Reason: More information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Audio sound and music stuttering in games

I habe a problem with my Tegra Note 7.
In some games the sound and music stutters like hell even in the games startscreen.
I update the Tablet right after i got it to 4.4.2 and OTA 2.5, so i don't know if it is a problem only in this version.
The games with this problem are Realracing 3 and Farmingsimulator. Other games run fine.

Anybody else with this problem, or a solution for it?

Others habe this problem with Need For Speed Most Wanted and FIFA 2014 too. Both games from EA.

hacktrix2006
Old
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuwolf View Post
I habe a problem with my Tegra Note 7.
In some games the sound and music stutters like hell even in the games startscreen.
I update the Tablet right after i got it to 4.4.2 and OTA 2.5, so i don't know if it is a problem only in this version.
The games with this problem are Realracing 3 and Farmingsimulator. Other games run fine.

Anybody else with this problem, or a solution for it?

Others habe this problem with Need For Speed Most Wanted and FIFA 2014 too. Both games from EA.
I have the same issue on the same game. I had this issue since stock 4.4.2 so its not OTA's causing it. Even with shaky156's kernel i got it. Its a EA game so more then likely a issue of their program coding.
Retired Mobiles: HTC Wildfire (S-Off'd) HTC Desire HD (x2) (S-Off'd)

New Device:

Moto G 4G
Rom: Stock 4.4.4
Recovery: Stock for now
Bootloader: Locked (Really temped to unlock but i will wait for now!)

Advent Nvidia Note 7 Tegra 4
Rom: 4.4.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.6
Bootloader: Unlocked

rochspioch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktrix2006 View Post
I have the same issue on the same game. I had this issue since stock 4.4.2 so its not OTA's causing it. Even with shaky156's kernel i got it. Its a EA game so more then likely a issue of their program coding.
Hi. Same here on my Gigabyte TN7 and its kit kat problem. Stuttering occurs in games from EA (Real Racing 3, need for speed mw, fifa 14) and blood bowl. Before the last update was a slight sound stutter and now it's a nightmare.

L0n3W0Lf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem here, it's driving me nuts, i bought it to play real racing 3, and now this

Andy4Shurr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah it's really annoying, RR3 is my favourite game. I've contacted both nvidia and EA Sports but i'm yet to get a response from either of them (i'm not holding my breath either)!

hacktrix2006
Old
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
I have already done this myself and never got a reply.
Retired Mobiles: HTC Wildfire (S-Off'd) HTC Desire HD (x2) (S-Off'd)

New Device:

Moto G 4G
Rom: Stock 4.4.4
Recovery: Stock for now
Bootloader: Locked (Really temped to unlock but i will wait for now!)

Advent Nvidia Note 7 Tegra 4
Rom: 4.4.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.6
Bootloader: Unlocked

rchrdcrg
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Haha, like EA will ever respond to gamers. I actually hadn't played Real Racing in quite some time and just reinstalled it yesterday and noticed the same thing. From what I've seen in other apps, specifically a Doom port that has sound buffer options, it's probably an issue with the sound buffer being too small.

Andy4Shurr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I finally got a reply from EA, they told me to contact FireMonkeys, as they are the developers of RR3 apparently.. FFS. Back to square one.

I started filling in the form on their website to highlight the problems I'm having but they want info I don't have on me right now, without my tablet. (Game version, Player ID number etc) so I'll have to do this later when i'm home from work.

I'll keep everyone up to date with what comes out of this.

Andy