[Q] Google play app/game previews not loading

OP CapeNick

24th September 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
Trying to play the preview video in the play store results in a connection error. Videos play fine in the YouTube app, but will not load from the play store. I've crawled the Internet for an answer, but I appear to be the only one suffering from this issue. (I would like to point out that just because I looked, doesn't mean it isn't there, just ask my gf).

The video previews used to work fine, when they were located with the screenshots, but since they moved them to the top of the play store, like a banner on the app/games page, the will not load. I can't be the only one experiencing this.

BTW, it's an EVGA model, if that makes a difference. Not rooted.
24th September 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

37 posts
More
I also have this problem and have had for a while now, it also affects videos embedded in other Google services such as Newsstand. The only way I have found to 'fix' it is to uninstall updates to the YouTube app and then to ignore updates in Google Play for youtube app.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
25th September 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
Well, that's both disappointing and releaving lol. One the one hand I'm glad it's not just me or just my Tegra note, on the other hand I would really rather not have to ignore updates to YouTube.

I would then assume that this is a YouTube problem, or as the least a problem with one of the updates. Oh well, it's a pain in the arse, but it's not the worst thing to have go wrong.

So far my only complaint about the tablet is the shi**y build quality and God forsaken micro USB port
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app preview, play store, play store previews, tegra note 7, videos
Previous Thread Next Thread