Root 4.4.2 HP Slate 7 Extreme

Search This thread

idbl_fanatic

Aug 15, 2008
Stockton, CA
So I just got an email from HP saying that they shipped my back a replacement but it is the HP Slate Beats? What is the difference, beside the beats audio?

justjayhere

Oct 1, 2010
Pic

Attachments

• 1419691794587.jpg
    1419691794587.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 87

idbl_fanatic

Aug 15, 2008
Stockton, CA
Well, I followed every step to the letter and RootGenius stops at 77%, the tablet disconnects and goes through a rebooting cycle about 3 times, then I get the always-annoying "Such a tough phone, Root...failed".

All I want to do is root the tablet so I can use the app to allow writing to external storage. I can't write anything to my MicroSD card. What could I be doing wrong?

*UPDATE*
I got it to work! Unfortunately, It was not with your excellent tutorial. If anyone has the Beats Audio Edition and they want to root, Towelroot works like a charm!

Thanks again. You've been very helpful.

What version os TR did you use? I can't get it to work with V3, I Just get the "Your phone is not currently supported"

XxeAgLeAnGeLxX

Dec 28, 2012
Mexico
Redmi K20 Pro
Well, I followed every step to the letter and RootGenius stops at 77%, the tablet disconnects and goes through a rebooting cycle about 3 times, then I get the always-annoying "Such a tough phone, Root...failed".

All I want to do is root the tablet so I can use the app to allow writing to external storage. I can't write anything to my MicroSD card. What could I be doing wrong?

*UPDATE*
I got it to work! Unfortunately, It was not with your excellent tutorial. If anyone has the Beats Audio Edition and they want to root, Towelroot works like a charm!

Hello!!! i really cant i dont understand why, i have the same tablet hp slate 7 beats special edition 4501 and towelroot says that this phone isnt currenly supported :( help meee please

UPDATE: i rooted my tablet!!! i used kingoroot and it works perfectly on my hp slate 7 beats special edition 4501 i didnt have any problem with this program i really recomend it !!

Last edited:

idbl_fanatic

Aug 15, 2008
Stockton, CA
Hello!!! i really cant i dont understand why, i have the same tablet hp slate 7 beats special edition 4501 and towelroot says that this phone isnt currenly supported :( help meee please

UPDATE: i rooted my tablet!!! i used kingoroot and it works perfectly on my hp slate 7 beats special edition 4501 i didnt have any problem with this program i really recomend it !!

Do you have a linkm because I still can't get mine rooted

**UPDATE**

Found it and FINALLY rooted mine

Thanks

Last edited:

LILJAMER

Mar 19, 2014
Help

*UPDATE*

Hi Im on 4.4 with this Beats edition tablet and towelroot says this phone isn't supported. Please help me out. What did you do to root

Jupiter683

Feb 6, 2014
New York
Hello! Sorry for the late reply. Well, I took a quick look see and the version I'm using is towelroot version 1.0. That worked like a charm. What version of Android are you running? Mine is 4.4.2

p_star

Mar 7, 2008
"kingoroot" worked to restore root

So I just got an update from HP, installed it, lost root, and now I can't get it back!!

I too just got an update.
Android 4.4.2
Build number KOT49H.19093_475.2068

"kingoroot" worked to restore root for me.

Previously i had use towel root version 1 which no longer works.

cagynightowl

Apr 4, 2015
Questions About HP 4400us Root Instructions

There is a line in the instructions right after the one stating:
"just let Mororobo find and install the needed drivers etc" that says:
note: you will see something on tablet screen you need to authorize.. so do so!

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say: "you will see something on the tablet screen you need to authorize.. so do so!"
My questions are: 1. What exactly will I see, and when? (I don't want to miss it.)
2. Will I need to do this authorization on the Tablet or thru my PC?

I also cannot find any way to definitively confirm that my tablet's O.S. updates occurred in the exact order you specify. IE; Make sure the updates occurred in sequence starting with 4.2 to 4.3 then 4.3 to 4.4.2

When I checked in the settings 'about', menu all it says is that my current O.S. Version is 4.4.2. I cannot find anything that indicates if the previous updates happened in the sequence you point out as being important. Is there somewhere else I can find this information? (My tablet was not "new" out of the box when I got it, so I don't know how the previous updates were done or when.
(I did find that HP included an automatic O.S. Updater App on my tablet which operates independently from the Google Playstore Update Settings and cannot be disabled. It looks like the O.S. updates probably did happen in the right order.)

Because I've never rooted any android device before and I understand there are real risks involved, I figure better to ask these questions first, even though my "noob"(s) are showing and probably making me look a bit foolish. Thanks for taking the time to post the info.

:D

Cagynightowl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update5/19/2015 : Kingroot Apk worked on my 4400US model with latest Android 4.4.2

Direct download link:

http://mmgr.myapp.com/myapp/Kingroo...oot-4.0.0.233-release-201505071219_105001.apk

---------------------------------------------

The steps below work on Windows 7 (Not sure if will work on Windows 8.. If so let's us know) Make sure you have Administrator Rights to install software and run executable programs etc.

The HP Slate 7 Extreme has a few different models; mine is the 4400us and I am rooted with the steps in this guide, if you have the 4400us this guide should work for you. If you have a different model it may or may not work (one person couldn't Root their 4407ra). If you could let us know either way that might help others.

It is always a good idea to remove any android software from your PC before using that PC to minimize software conflicts {with the exception of Android Debugging Bridge ( ADB )... It might aid in windows finding device drivers (see link below in steps if needed)}

Make sure you have done BOTH system Updates on you Tablet! From 4.2 to 4.3..... Then from 4.3 to 4.4.2!
    (System updates can be found in Settings/About Tablet)

Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your HP Slate 7 Extreme... (This is very important)

(to do so you will need to Enable THE HIDDEN "Developer options”...
    Go to Settings/About Tablet then start tapping on the " Build number" line! (No I'm not kidding)
    After a few taps you will see on screen messages counting down how many more taps needed to be a Developer... Just keep tapping till done.
    Then go back to Settings Menu... Scroll down to bottom and you will see "{} Developer options” open it and enable "USB debugging" by checking the box.)

Turn on install from "Unknown Sources"
    (Found in: Setting/Security)

Also.. disable any lock screen that requires pin, password, Face Unlock, or pattern

I turned my screen timeout to 30 min so it doesn't sleep etc

NOW LETS ROOT .....

Download Moborobo http://www.moborobo.com/

Download Shuame's ROOT Genius http://www.shuame.com/en/root/

Install Moborobo & Run Program

Plug Tablet into PC with it's factory USB cable

Your Windows PC should start looking for and downloading drivers (look down in Windows notification area by clock..click on the icon that is searching for drivers so you can see when finished
    ...don't worry if one of them says failed)..

just let Moborobo find and install needed drivers etc

note: you will see something you need to authorize on Tablet screen.. so do so!!!!

Now look in notification pull down panel and you should see that Moborobo installed an app on your Tablet... Click to open once then just hit the home button once on Tablet.

[Might help to watch fist 1 minute & 37 seconds of this video only!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5SsjnmV7J4 It a Guide for rooting a different Tablet... But it will show you how to use Moborobo.

...(DO NOT use the older Shuame root tool shown in the rest of YouTube Video!!!!!!!!!)]

[...if still not working (and you have authorized the security popup on Tablet screen mentioned above).. head over to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 and install the minimal adb client on Windows 7 and try process again]

Once your ready to move on.. ( Meaning: Moborobo sees your Tablet..) NOW run ROOT Genius (just Minimize Moborobo)

Root Genius will do it's thing (your Tablet Will Reboot during Process)
    Profit (you are Rooted)

Use "ROOT Checker Basic" free in Play Store to ensure you are Rooted!

Note: Root Genius installs a super user app called "Kinguser" during the root process.. (which is also an app backup tool and has tool to disable apps from automaticly starting).

Per Jupiter683:
    "If anyone has the Beats Audio Edition and they want to root, Towelroot works like a charm!"

Hit Thanks if I helped!
    Hello! Just wondering, will this work on a 4.3 Slate 7 Extreme?

Yes.. should work fine for 4.3... however...I would update to 4.4 before rooting.. if you can... so you don't have to go through process again to move to 4.4 later.
    Great! Just tried your method and .........It worked like a charm! Just one last question; is it possible to install a recovery mode of some kind? Ideally, I'd like to make a nandroid backup.

No recovery has been made for this device to my knowledge.

Do not try a different device's recovery... I recently bricked a device doing so!
    Just outstanding and easy root. Thank you very much. Just got my 4.4.2 Tegra Extreme unlocked. ZOOOOM ZOOOOM
    Can anyone tell me if the beats audio version is rootable?

I just got it, but it came already preloaded with 4.4.2 so my 32gb microSD card is useless:mad:

If I can't root it, is it at least possible to force update to 4.4.3? I tried clearing the data on the google services framework, but all that got me was the inability to connect to the play store.

Here's my setup:

Model Number:
    HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Model 4501
    Android Version:
    Kernel Version:
    3.4.57-g0178a33
    buildbrain@mobile-u64-621 #1
    Build Number:
    KOT49H.18396_417.2569

Any help is always appreciated. Thank You!

Should work on your Tablet... It will either Root your device... Or it just won't root.. see other posts where they just didn't achieve root. So basically just give it a go. You don't need to use sd card to root.