Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] WiFi issues on Nvidia tegra note 7

OP saikanth

31st August 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I just bought an Nvidia tegra note 7 and I'm having issues with the WiFi. The device's WiFi keeps getting disconnected. I noticed this problem first when I was downloading an OTA update. It would keep stopping periodically and then start again. I dont think its a problem with my router coz my phone and laptop work fine.
Any ideas on what I should do?
Last edited by saikanth; 31st August 2014 at 08:37 AM. Reason: added details
1st September 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #2  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikanth

I just bought an Nvidia tegra note 7 and I'm having issues with the WiFi. The device's WiFi keeps getting disconnected. I noticed this problem first when I was downloading an OTA update. It would keep stopping periodically and then start again. I dont think its a problem with my router coz my phone and laptop work fine.

I recelled that happening a new times on my device back when it was on 4.2 JB, seems to have been fixed with 4.4.2 update. My quick fix was just to OFF/ON the tablet, sometimes, going into AIRPLANE MODE, and switching back to normal mode would work too.

I recommend you just download the KIT KAT UPDATE.ZIP and load it manually from the SD card instead, of OTA
1st September 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #3  
Flag Branson, MO
Thanks Meter: 25

145 posts
More
I'm curious, are you using the slide cover? I always had issues with the touchscreen when waking the tablet by opening the cover, and in helping someone else with that issue, he mentioned that he thought it might be the reason he was having wi-fi issues as well. I've never had any wi-fi issues myself, but it's worth a shot!
2nd September 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #4  

8 posts
Slide Cover...Yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrdcrg

I'm curious, are you using the slide cover? I always had issues with the touchscreen when waking the tablet by opening the cover, and in helping someone else with that issue, he mentioned that he thought it might be the reason he was having wi-fi issues as well. I've never had any wi-fi issues myself, but it's worth a shot!

Yes, I am using the slide cover as well, and no wifi issues after updating to 4.4.2, but I am still experiencing "ghost" random double tapping on my device. Quite annoying, and its been mentioned a few times in other postings. I hope its really a software problem, and not a defect with the digitaizer.
2nd September 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Branson, MO
Thanks Meter: 25

145 posts
More
You might want to try cycling the screen off and back on with the power button after opening the cover. This is a software issue that has existed since this tablet released. If the screen still does this after a sleep/wake cycle with the power button, then it could be a hardware issue.
7th September 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2

41 posts
More
I've been having the same problem. Very annoying. Will updating to 4.4 fix anything?
8th September 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #7  

8 posts
Thumbs down ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter683

I've been having the same problem. Very annoying. Will updating to 4.4 fix anything?

In general being on Kit Kat is awesome, better than JB. The external SD card being only READ ONLY is really the biggest problem after the update. The tablet has to be connected to a computer to add/remove items.

If you dont use a MicroSD card on yours, even better. HP hasnt gotten around to updating the permissions to let their own HP FILE MANAGER cant write to the external SD card....
Last edited by ZiCott; 8th September 2014 at 10:34 AM.
13th September 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #8  

6 posts
More
Lightbulb Way out
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikanth

Its most probably an issue with the JB4.2(from my xp).An update to JB4.3 or KK4 would do.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread