[RECOVERY]14/07/14[UNLOCK BL][ROOT][TWRPv2.7.1.0 V4 RELEASED!!][NVIDIA OTA SUPPORTED]

Search This thread

BKO Overdrive

Nov 26, 2012
I just flashed the new recovery and my screen almost looks like Toms did, slight more gibberish. Trying to upload image now

You can tell the TWRP logo loads up first than the standard grey squares

ju8h.jpg

Last edited:

damianiw

May 22, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Advent vega tegra note

Hi

I'm hoping to get an advent vega tegra note over the weekend, I believe these are the same device - not overly competent with android, had another tablet and used cwm but would like to get into it more with the vega :)

BKO Overdrive

Nov 26, 2012
Thanks Tom, wish i had access to my tablet more but only at night am i able to access it, work to many hours lol

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
Quick Boot

Ok will do, ill try the new one you have uploaded and ill fall back on CWM worste case scenerio. Ill report back in aprox 7 hours

This may be a dumb question, but is there currently a way to to boot into recovery while loaded into android? usually i got spoiled and it was added into the power menu but im positive that was a rom feature. Or is the only way to do it is threw adb or button presses?

There's an app called Quick Boot that will do that. Get it from the Play Store. Tried it and works.

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
This is one of the last few tests, everything works appart from the User Interface, I've narrowed it down so if this one doesnt clearly show the UI, the next TWRP recovery should show the User Interface. Also note to everyone, I dont see any development going on? there is a CWM recovery that functions in the OP, I've made a backup with it etc, kernel development is what developers should be working on now since recovery is working. TWRP is my personal preference, thats the reason I'm bringing it to Tegra Note 7 as it has much more advanced features and optimizations than CWM...

Download link to TWRP: http://d-h.st/mm7

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
This is one of the last few tests, everything works appart from the User Interface, I've narrowed it down so if this one doesnt clearly show the UI, the next TWRP recovery should show the User Interface. Also note to everyone, I dont see any development going on? there is a CWM recovery that functions in the OP, I've made a backup with it etc, kernel development is what developers should be working on now since recovery is working. TWRP is my personal preference, thats the reason I'm bringing it to Tegra Note 7 as it has much more advanced features and optimizations than CWM...

Tomsgt

UI still messed up here

Recovery.log

unahu7e4.jpg

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
With tests hopefully will have a fully working TWRP tonight... also may start on kernel development at a later stage or maybe sooner depending on whenever I manage to get my device fixed, If and when I can get access to nvflash mode via the nvflash binary, I definitely will be able to fix my device as I have all the necessary required files, even if I could gain access to fastboot mode I'd be able to fix the device, plenty of methods to fix, just need access to 1 of these modes....

damianiw

May 22, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
With tests hopefully will have a fully working TWRP tonight... also may start on kernel development at a later stage or maybe sooner depending on whenever I manage to get my device fixed, If and when I can get access to nvflash mode via the nvflash binary, I definitely will be able to fix my device as I have all the necessary required files, even if I could gain access to fastboot mode I'd be able to fix the device, plenty of methods to fix, just need access to 1 of these modes....

Thanks for your efforts, I'd be happy to make a $10 PayPal donation towards a new one if you can't fix it sorry it can't be more

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Thanks for your efforts, I'd be happy to make a $10 PayPal donation towards a new one if you can't fix it sorry it can't be more

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Thanks that would be awesome, link is under my username :)
@everyone else, Ive managed to get TWRP showing and on screen correctly (needs a little tweaking), 1 more issue left which is a major issue, that is touchscreen, people who have updated to 4.3 your touchscreen will not work on TWRP compared to 4.2.2, their touchscreen should work, nvidia has done changes to touchscreen, but they havent released kernel source so theres 2 options, both require patience,
1 - wait for nvidia to release kernel source
2 - modify the bct partitions and expand the recovery partition
using a precompiled kernel takes the recovery to a whooping 9MB and the recovery partition size is only 8.3MB max. So touch wont work unless you're on 4.2.2 ( I will release the recovery.img for 4.2.2 if someone could test this please) thanks
So for now its best to use CWM, functions well, does the job, now its onto custom kernel... :)

Ill see in the future if i can modify code to use buttons to toggle TWRP options instead of touchscreen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

****DISCLAIMER****
    I am not responsible if you device decides to soft brick/ hardbrick or flys out the window

Recovery Installation Instructions:

1. unlock bootloader. (Hold volume up and power button, using terminal type in 'fastboot oem unlock', follow on screen instructions, (***WARNING THIS WILL WIPE DATA PARTITION***)
    2. While in bootloader type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'
    3. select boot into recovery!!

Recovery Access:

Access recovery in pc via terminal/cmd
    Adb reboot recovery

Or within the device...

Terminal emulator
    Su
    Reboot recovery

Or download an app from playstore that will do the work and reboot into recovery...

TWRP Version 2.7.1.0 Released:

Fully Working

Current issues list:
    0 Issues

How to report an issue:
    Message me with the a detailed description of the issue.
    Provide a log.
    Issues reported without a log will be ignored.

Download Link: http://d-h.st/cqQ
    Source: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Release Changelog:
    V1:
    - TWRP booting
    - graphics fixed but touchscreen not working
    V2:
    - Touchscreen fixed
    - USB Mounts fixed
    - software keys fixed.
    V3:
    - Improve read and write speeds on both internal and external storage. (TWRP method of calculating backup, MB/s seems inaccurate, jumps around way too much) but backup is very very fast!
    - Improve graphical user interface speed, very very smooth!
    - When not using TWRP, lp-core (super battery saving core) will be active and used as its suppose to.
    - Drastically reduce TWRP loading times.
    V4:
    - TWRP Updated to latest source, includes better method of calculating backup and restore (now shows files and percentage complete, also supports colour text etc etc)
    - Updated recovery kernel so backup and restore shall be faster
    - Fixed 180 degree upside down recovery, now shows correctly
    - TWRP now supports Nvidia OTA (NOTE: Installing nvidias OTA on a modified system may provide FC, DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU HAVE XPOSED INSTALLED)

CWM has been discontinued as it is not fully functioning while TWRP is and has much more, advanced features.

TWRP Version 2.7.1.0 Released:

Fully Working:
    Touchscreen fixed
    mounting USB fixed
    Graphics fixed

Any issues notify me

Current issues list:
    Upside down recovery (Working on a fix - will release an update later)
    TWRP will take roughly 20 seconds to load, I will reduce the time it takes to load

Download link: http://d-h.st/wSP

Installation instructions:
    1. unlock bootloader. (Hold volume up and power button, using terminal type in 'fastboot oem unlock', follow on screen instructions, (***WARNING THIS WILL WIPE DATA PARTITION***)
    2. While in bootloader type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'
    3. select boot into recovery!!

BOOM!
    Thank you for the update Shaky.
    Looks like there's a little glitch now that the display is flipped correctly. Apparently on my device there's a part on the right that is not flipped, and also that part belongs to the left side off the screen.
    Here's a screen shot to illustrate it.
    Hi I'm aware of the issue, I always test before release, minor graphic glitch does not affect using the recovery, will attempt to fix on next update :)
    Unlocking Bootloader & Rooting

the new rom 4.3 should not be difficult... Now that we have recovery...

Unlocking bootloader
    1. Unlock the bootloader
    Access bootloader by either from poweroff holding volume down and power keys... Or enable USB debugging via pc enter adb shell reboot bootloader
    Once at bootloader type in terminal/cmd fastboot oem unlock and follow intructions till the end...
    WARNING DEVICE WILL WIPE USERDATA(EVERYTHING)
    Device is now unlocked

2. install recovery - steps above

3. Download supersu.zip from chainfires website
    Install via recovery... (Android terminal, su, reboot recovery)
    Navigate to Supersu.zip via volume up, down keys and powerbutton - http://download.chainfire.eu/372/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip

Root achieved yay :D

More indepth tutorial incoming
    Thanks.

Firstly a big thanks to Pacattack and Tomsgt for all the help they have given me over our problem with installing the latest ota.
    Much appreciated by a complete novice to fastboot, updater scripts etc.
    I have finally successfully installed the ota using Tomsgts tool.
    Had a couple of worrying moments when it all seemed to freeze but made it in the end.
    Thanks once again.
    Cheers,
    drc.