[ROM][JB][4.2.2] 07.06 EnSec STOCK Secure + Root

Search This thread

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Downloads are in the second post.

So what is this?

This is a continuation of Lokifish's work for those wanting a secure, rooted, stock experience beyond the firmware that shipped with their watches. Right now this will only run in Windows or Windows VM.

What am I getting?

I have packaged three separate packages that update your watch to the latest Omate Smart firmware (contains Smart Mode and some battery/bluetooth enhancements) 05/27. The NA package will update your watch to 04/11 and the patch will do the rest.

Will this work on my ______ unit?
As long as your unit is an x201 derivative, yes. This has been confirmed to work on new aluminum units as well as 512/4 units. You will likely have to wipe data after applying the patch.

Anything to watch out for?
There are known bugs on the 05/27 Aluminum watches - namely that recovery on many of the new EU units is not functional and thus a factory reset may not be possible. I'll have to look into a fix to find out why this is happening (it doesn't happen on older units).

Is this firmware official?
Yes. It's not officially supported by Omate, but it is sanctioned to be flashed onto your units.

Instructions READ CAREFULLY

1. Download the All-Tools package below.
  2. Download the appropriate firmware package for your unit.
  3. Install the Universal ADB and Preloader Drivers for your watch.
  4. Load up MTK Droid Tools and BACKUP YOUR IMEI AND APPS TO YOUR SD CARD OR PC.
  5. Disable Quick Boot under accessibility settings.
  6. Load the scatter file in SP Flash Tool and turn off the watch.
  7. Click Download immediately and allow it to finish.
  8. Turn on the watch and wait for it to finish booting.
  9. Run the Run.bat file included in the Universal Tool folder and follow the prompts.
  10. After the final reboot, you should be all set!

On newer units you may not reboot into recovery when the script completes. You likely will need to reboot using adb or pull the battery if it gets stuck in a bootloop. Usually it will just power right back off instead of going to recovery. If this happens, just turn the watch on and you should be set.

It goes without saying that I'm not responsible if your unit becomes damaged or bricked as a result of your not following instructions. I cannot possibly account for mistakes that are beyond my control.

Also, when you load the scatter files some of the files will not show up - this is NORMAL because the firmware differences only lie in the kernel and system images.

If you appreciate my work, and especially the work of other developers, feel free to donate. It'll let us know whether we should continue to support devices that manufacturers no longer support so that the user has a better experience. I have a full-time job outside of this, so this is all done on my own time. I never ask for donations, but I will not reject them.

CHANGELOG

(v1.3)

Added AOSP Camera to replace the stock camera.
Added MTK HDR libraries.
Added Panorama/Photosphere libraries (although it currently crashes, Panorama is fine).
Restored 5MP function by fixing with newer libraries from Umeox firmware.

(v1.2)

Fixed TWRP 2.7.1.0 for EU units.

(v1.1)

Fixed EU packages to contain correct kernel images.
Added fixed packages for TWRP 2.7 on newer watches.
Sensors should be fixed with a kernel reflash.

(v1.0)

Enhanced battery life through Smart Mode.
Functional sensors.
Applies Lokifish Marz's Enhanced Security Patch (init.d support, APN hosts updated, Kernel tweaks).
Re-establishes user-controlled root privilege on all units without the use of exploits or Framaroot (will likely need to update the binary).
Changes boot animation and logo to something a little less eye-breaking and a little more eye-pleasing.

CREDITS

Dees_Troy (for his work on TWRP for the TS and for helping me figure out the zImage problem)
Lokifish Marz (for his EnSEC script & kernel tweaks)
Koush (Universal ADB Device Drivers)
llp (for the stock factory images and firmware)
BSDgeek_Jake (modified APN/hosts list)
Adam Outler & Ryan Scott (for continued help in teaching me the new ways of coding and development)
CharlesGoodyear (for inventing the vulcanization of rubber)

KNOWN BUGS

Switching to Photosphere will crash the Camera. Please don't do it.
When entering Preloader sometimes the battery indicator will look garbled.
A factory reset for some reason doesn't seem to want to erase userdata. I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong here.

----------------

Last edited:

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
LINKS

Get the All-Tools package here. Back up your IMEI and apps to an SD *BEFORE YOU FLASH ANYTHING*.

NA Firmware users should click here for the download.

EU 512/4 users or those with non-aluminum, non-May firmware units must click here unless you want to soft-brick your device.

EU 1/8 users who have the new aluminum watch or who received their units after May 13th need to click here and also need to remember that recovery may not work (although it probably won't work before this anyway). Do not flash any other firmwares unless you want to soft-brick your device.

Get the patch/root only script here if you are already running 05-27 or 04-11 firmware on your watch. I recommend you still flash the boot logo from the appropriate package for the full experience.

If you're experiencing force closes on your Camera module when switching to 5MP, click here. You can also download this if you want to switch to the Stock Android camera and get some HDR libraries out of it.

TWRP Update

Download TWRP 2.7.1.0 for May 0513/0527 units here if you received your watch after May and flashed the May Shipment firmware. Your watch should be able to boot into TWRP if it previously would not.

Last edited:

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Common Solutions to Uncommon Problems

I ran the script but it says no device found after I plug it in and hit enter.

Make sure you have developer mode enabled (Settings -> Build Version -> Click until it says "You're a developer!") and USB-debugging enabled.
Make sure you also installed the ADB drivers and that you have a USB connection to the watch.

I'm getting a PMT error thing when I flash, what gives?

You downloaded the wrong version for your watch. Pull your battery, download the correct version, and try again.

Now I'm getting a BROM ERROR.

I told you it was the wrong version. You'll now have to find someone who has a scatter backup of the same unit you own and flash that.
Then do this all over again.

Now I'm getting a BROM ERROR 4032 or 5054!

You flashed the wrong version and will need to pull the battery out (most likely). After resetting the preloader, go ahead and try to flash again using the correct scatter file.

I click Download and the bar fills to 100% and just sits there.

Your preloader has been disengaged and is not communicating with the PC anymore. You will need to pull the battery and try again.

But that voids my warranty!

What warranty?

When I plug the watch in it keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over.

Your preloader has been disengaged. See above.

My computer is trying to install some Alcatel drivers or thinks my TS is a Yun OS phone.

You will need to uninstall all of those drivers manually (and delete if possible). Uninstall your drivers using USBDeview and reinstall the preloader drivers. When you plug your watch in, you will need to flash your preloader backup first before attempting to flash any firmware.

I'm getting some checksum 16 baseband sram error thingy! Now what?!

Check your cradle's pins and your watch to make sure a solid connection is taking place. If none of that solves it, you might actually have a defective watch and there's very little I can do for you short of you sending it to me to fix.

Why does my version number not say 0706?

Because you forgot to run the update batch file in the included folder. Run it and your worries will be gone.

Why did you not include Play Store in this release?

Because it's ridiculously easy to install and most people install through recovery (which I recommend if you have a working one). I may do this in the future if enough interest is there.

My IMEI is gone!

Told you to back it up. Go to your watch's box, write down the IMEI, go into MTK Droid Tools, and restore it. If you did back it up, then go in and restore the backup. Bonus points if you backed your entire firmware up and can restore your NVRAM data as well.

My watch is doing _______! Your script did it!

No, it didn't. The only thing the script does is modify stock apps/settings by adding things that either aren't there or modifying non-essential system processes. If something is wrong with your watch, I guarantee this script is not responsible.

I can't get phone calls anymore! Your script did it!

See above.

Why isn't my watch booting into recovery?

You likely have a watch with the new eMMC revision and thus have a borked factory recovery from the beginning. I don't modify the recovery in any way but I do include a copy of @Dees_Troy's TWRP in case you are lucky enough to not have a borked recovery. You can either flash this through SPFT or through MTK Droid Tools. Droid tools is easier.

So my stock recovery won't even work then?

Nope. I'm currently working on a fix. Stay tuned.

Why is Bluetooth messed up? Fix it!

This is beyond my control. Android 4.2.2 has messed up Bluetooth stacks to begin with, and since this is an engineering build there is nothing that can be done about it.

Why is my GPS/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth signal so weak!?

This is not the firmware. This is your hardware. Your antenna is likely defective. Contact Omate support for details on replacement and hope they can assist you.

I flashed the May Firmware update and now my watch bootloops!!!

Download this file and replace the lk.bin/boot.img in your folder with the ones from the patch RAR and reflash.

After updating to 0706, my watch seems a little laggy or unresponsive. What now?

Have you tried factory reset? If you kept your userdata intact there's always that chance that things could get a bit turbulent. :p
If you factory restored the watch afterwards and you're still experiencing lag, check system processes to see what's hogging it up and let me know.

Last edited:

moviecut

May 26, 2010
Lingen
Wohoooo! Thank you so much! Will try it! Is Bluetooth tethering possible?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

midafaya

Jun 10, 2008
Lille
Hello

Did anyone manage to do the procedure?

To upgrade the firmware, in SP flash tool, do I need to Select "Firmware -> Upgrade" by default, it's "Download Only"

I have a may shipment EU 2100 1/8 TS

midafaya

Jun 10, 2008
Lille
I finally managed to do the first steps (selecting Download Only)
Flashing went good.
But after reboot, I had a bootloop (with the new boot logo so flash worked)

I had to take the battery out for the first time

I flashed my personnal backup the sameway, but now is stucked in bootloop too

I have this message in mtkdroid tools when I connect my phone :

--->>> Connect to device <<<---
--- ERROR : do not install utils
--- ERROR : --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
--- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible!
--- Reboot ...

--->>> Connect to device <<<---
--- ERROR : do not install utils
--- ERROR : --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
--- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible!

midafaya

Jun 10, 2008
Lille
When did receive watch, and what firmware were running before?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

I received the watch in may, and it was running 0513 firmware

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

My personnal backup doesn't have preloader , could that explain my problem restoring and rebooting it?

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Okay, might have a fix for you. Hold on.

edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ujs7kxn2munfcw/TS-EU-0706-patch.rar

Flash those two files.

Your personal backup shouldn't matter because you didn't flash a new preloader. All you flashed were the bootloader, kernel, logo, and system images.

Flash the package I gave you again with the above file in place of the lk.bin and boot.img.

Last edited:
Reactions: midafaya

midafaya

Jun 10, 2008
Lille
Okay, might have a fix for you. Hold on.

edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ujs7kxn2munfcw/TS-EU-0706-patch.rar

Flash those two files.

Your personal backup shouldn't matter because you didn't flash a new preloader. All you flashed were the bootloader, kernel, logo, and system images.

Flash the package I gave you again with the above file in place of the lk.bin and boot.img.

Yes ! That did it ! You're the man !

I replaced the 2 files you gave me replacing them in the TS-EU-0706-May_Shipment.rar

And it boots ! wow lot's of thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Can you tell us what was the problem? And what was the fix?

Thanks !

Reactions: kuronosan

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Yes ! That did it ! You're the man !

I replaced the 2 files you gave me replacing them in the TS-EU-0706-May_Shipment.rar

And it boots ! wow lot's of thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Can you tell us what was the problem? And what was the fix?

Thanks !

Certainly. It looks like it was a mismatch between the bootloader/kernel and the firmware. Someone else had the issue previously and that was the fix. I could have sworn I put the correct files in there when I re-uploaded everything.

Basically the May Firmware uses a new bootloader/kernel combo that has to be flashed along with the May Firmware. This isn't an issue on older units, whose bootloader is still okay. If you use a new eMMC unit (0513 and newer) you absolutely need to use new software.

spectrumcat

Jun 6, 2014
Unsure on 6 and 7 step

Could someone please clarify the steps
Please?

I'll also post a step by step guide as soon as I'll finish the process myself

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

This is a work in progress. Please feel free to submit your suggestions.

1) Disable quick boot:
1.1) On your Omate TrueSmart go to "Settings" -> "System" -> "Accessibility"
1.2) Scroll down and UNcheck "Quick Boot"

2) Install required software on your PC:
2.1) Download "All Tools" archive and unpack it
2.2) Open folder "All Tools" -> "0 Needed Files"
2.3) Run "UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi"
2.4) Open VCOM Drivers
2.5) Run DPInst (64 or normal depends on your system)

3) Make a backup:
3.1) Open "All Tools" -> "1 MtkDroidTools"
2.1) Run MTKdroidTools.exe
2.2) Connect Omate TrueSmart to PC (it should be turned on)
2.3) Wait till all drivers will finish setting up (on the lower left corner you should see a green rectangle and text "TrueSmart" when Window will finish installation)
2.4) Tab "Phone Information" -> Click button "IMEI/NVRAM"; Click "Backup"
2.5) Go to "root,backup,recovery" tab
2.6) Click "backup" button (this process will take a while)
2.7) Optional: Agree to pack everything in the archive
2.6) Close MTKdroidTools program;

4) Flash the firmware
4.1) Download corresponding firmware archive and unpack it
4.2) Open folder "All Tools" -> "2 SP Flash Tool"
4.3) Run "flash_tool.exe"; don't mind the scatter file warning
4.4) On "Download" tab click "Scatter-loading"
4.5) Navigate to the folder with firmware (from step 4.2)
4.6) Select file "MT6572_Android_scatter.txt"

supergadgetman

Nov 2, 2005
5/27/14 FW

I'm already on 5/27 rom with my US 1/8 1900 TS. I also have TWRP installed using MKTools, but I don't have root. Can I still install this FW? What would be the advantage other than gaining root? Are there any performance advantages since I'm already on the newest FW?

Thanks for keeping this project alive!

MaloyO

Jun 13, 2014
kuronosan,

I've tried to flash my TS but ended up soft bricking it. I've got a back up which I'm now trying to flash. SPF Tool gets to the end of 'download da 100%' but then does nothing else.

Using USBDeview I can see the TS connecting, disconnecting and then reconnecting etc.

Is this why it will not flash ? If so want do I need to do to stop this? If not want else do I need to do?

If you could spare any of your time that would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloads are in the second post.

So what is this?

This is a continuation of Lokifish's work for those wanting a secure, rooted, stock experience beyond the firmware that shipped with their watches. Right now this will only run in Windows or Windows VM.

What am I getting?

I have packaged three separate packages that update your watch to the latest Omate Smart firmware (contains Smart Mode and some battery/bluetooth enhancements) 05/27. The NA package will update your watch to 04/11 and the patch will do the rest.

Will this work on my ______ unit?
    As long as your unit is an x201 derivative, yes. This has been confirmed to work on new aluminum units as well as 512/4 units. You will likely have to wipe data after applying the patch.

Anything to watch out for?
    There are known bugs on the 05/27 Aluminum watches - namely that recovery on many of the new EU units is not functional and thus a factory reset may not be possible. I'll have to look into a fix to find out why this is happening (it doesn't happen on older units).

Is this firmware official?
    Yes. It's not officially supported by Omate, but it is sanctioned to be flashed onto your units.

Instructions READ CAREFULLY

1. Download the All-Tools package below.
    2. Download the appropriate firmware package for your unit.
    3. Install the Universal ADB and Preloader Drivers for your watch.
    4. Load up MTK Droid Tools and BACKUP YOUR IMEI AND APPS TO YOUR SD CARD OR PC.
    5. Disable Quick Boot under accessibility settings.
    8. Turn on the watch and wait for it to finish booting.
    9. Run the Run.bat file included in the Universal Tool folder and follow the prompts.
    10. After the final reboot, you should be all set!

On newer units you may not reboot into recovery when the script completes. You likely will need to reboot using adb or pull the battery if it gets stuck in a bootloop. Usually it will just power right back off instead of going to recovery. If this happens, just turn the watch on and you should be set.

It goes without saying that I'm not responsible if your unit becomes damaged or bricked as a result of your not following instructions. I cannot possibly account for mistakes that are beyond my control.

Also, when you load the scatter files some of the files will not show up - this is NORMAL because the firmware differences only lie in the kernel and system images.

If you appreciate my work, and especially the work of other developers, feel free to donate. It'll let us know whether we should continue to support devices that manufacturers no longer support so that the user has a better experience. I have a full-time job outside of this, so this is all done on my own time. I never ask for donations, but I will not reject them.

CHANGELOG

(v1.3)

Added AOSP Camera to replace the stock camera.
    Added MTK HDR libraries.
    Added Panorama/Photosphere libraries (although it currently crashes, Panorama is fine).
    Restored 5MP function by fixing with newer libraries from Umeox firmware.

(v1.2)

Fixed TWRP 2.7.1.0 for EU units.

(v1.1)

Fixed EU packages to contain correct kernel images.
    Added fixed packages for TWRP 2.7 on newer watches.
    Sensors should be fixed with a kernel reflash.

(v1.0)

Enhanced battery life through Smart Mode.
    Functional sensors.
    Applies Lokifish Marz's Enhanced Security Patch (init.d support, APN hosts updated, Kernel tweaks).
    Re-establishes user-controlled root privilege on all units without the use of exploits or Framaroot (will likely need to update the binary).
    Changes boot animation and logo to something a little less eye-breaking and a little more eye-pleasing.

CREDITS

Dees_Troy (for his work on TWRP for the TS and for helping me figure out the zImage problem)
    Lokifish Marz (for his EnSEC script & kernel tweaks)
    Koush (Universal ADB Device Drivers)
    llp (for the stock factory images and firmware)
    BSDgeek_Jake (modified APN/hosts list)
    Adam Outler & Ryan Scott (for continued help in teaching me the new ways of coding and development)
    CharlesGoodyear (for inventing the vulcanization of rubber)

KNOWN BUGS

Switching to Photosphere will crash the Camera. Please don't do it.
    When entering Preloader sometimes the battery indicator will look garbled.
    A factory reset for some reason doesn't seem to want to erase userdata. I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong here.

----------------
    LINKS

Get the All-Tools package here. Back up your IMEI and apps to an SD *BEFORE YOU FLASH ANYTHING*.

NA Firmware users should click here for the download.

EU 512/4 users or those with non-aluminum, non-May firmware units must click here unless you want to soft-brick your device.

EU 1/8 users who have the new aluminum watch or who received their units after May 13th need to click here and also need to remember that recovery may not work (although it probably won't work before this anyway). Do not flash any other firmwares unless you want to soft-brick your device.

Get the patch/root only script here if you are already running 05-27 or 04-11 firmware on your watch. I recommend you still flash the boot logo from the appropriate package for the full experience.

If you're experiencing force closes on your Camera module when switching to 5MP, click here. You can also download this if you want to switch to the Stock Android camera and get some HDR libraries out of it.

TWRP Update

Download TWRP 2.7.1.0 for May 0513/0527 units here if you received your watch after May and flashed the May Shipment firmware. Your watch should be able to boot into TWRP if it previously would not.

Common Solutions to Uncommon Problems

I ran the script but it says no device found after I plug it in and hit enter.

Make sure you have developer mode enabled (Settings -> Build Version -> Click until it says "You're a developer!") and USB-debugging enabled.
    Make sure you also installed the ADB drivers and that you have a USB connection to the watch.

I'm getting a PMT error thing when I flash, what gives?

You downloaded the wrong version for your watch. Pull your battery, download the correct version, and try again.

Now I'm getting a BROM ERROR.

I told you it was the wrong version. You'll now have to find someone who has a scatter backup of the same unit you own and flash that.
    Then do this all over again.

Now I'm getting a BROM ERROR 4032 or 5054!

You flashed the wrong version and will need to pull the battery out (most likely). After resetting the preloader, go ahead and try to flash again using the correct scatter file.

I click Download and the bar fills to 100% and just sits there.

Your preloader has been disengaged and is not communicating with the PC anymore. You will need to pull the battery and try again.

But that voids my warranty!

What warranty?

When I plug the watch in it keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over.

Your preloader has been disengaged. See above.

My computer is trying to install some Alcatel drivers or thinks my TS is a Yun OS phone.

You will need to uninstall all of those drivers manually (and delete if possible). Uninstall your drivers using USBDeview and reinstall the preloader drivers. When you plug your watch in, you will need to flash your preloader backup first before attempting to flash any firmware.

I'm getting some checksum 16 baseband sram error thingy! Now what?!

Check your cradle's pins and your watch to make sure a solid connection is taking place. If none of that solves it, you might actually have a defective watch and there's very little I can do for you short of you sending it to me to fix.

Why does my version number not say 0706?

Because you forgot to run the update batch file in the included folder. Run it and your worries will be gone.

Why did you not include Play Store in this release?

Because it's ridiculously easy to install and most people install through recovery (which I recommend if you have a working one). I may do this in the future if enough interest is there.

My IMEI is gone!

Told you to back it up. Go to your watch's box, write down the IMEI, go into MTK Droid Tools, and restore it. If you did back it up, then go in and restore the backup. Bonus points if you backed your entire firmware up and can restore your NVRAM data as well.

My watch is doing _______! Your script did it!

No, it didn't. The only thing the script does is modify stock apps/settings by adding things that either aren't there or modifying non-essential system processes. If something is wrong with your watch, I guarantee this script is not responsible.

I can't get phone calls anymore! Your script did it!

See above.

Why isn't my watch booting into recovery?

You likely have a watch with the new eMMC revision and thus have a borked factory recovery from the beginning. I don't modify the recovery in any way but I do include a copy of @Dees_Troy's TWRP in case you are lucky enough to not have a borked recovery. You can either flash this through SPFT or through MTK Droid Tools. Droid tools is easier.

So my stock recovery won't even work then?

Nope. I'm currently working on a fix. Stay tuned.

Why is Bluetooth messed up? Fix it!

This is beyond my control. Android 4.2.2 has messed up Bluetooth stacks to begin with, and since this is an engineering build there is nothing that can be done about it.

Why is my GPS/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth signal so weak!?

This is not the firmware. This is your hardware. Your antenna is likely defective. Contact Omate support for details on replacement and hope they can assist you.

I flashed the May Firmware update and now my watch bootloops!!!

Download this file and replace the lk.bin/boot.img in your folder with the ones from the patch RAR and reflash.

After updating to 0706, my watch seems a little laggy or unresponsive. What now?

Have you tried factory reset? If you kept your userdata intact there's always that chance that things could get a bit turbulent. :p
    If you factory restored the watch afterwards and you're still experiencing lag, check system processes to see what's hogging it up and let me know.
    Hey, sorry, I promise I'm working on this. I'm a little saturated right now and between that and waiting on what Omate has to say about 4.4 it's been busy.
    Unsure on 6 and 7 step

Could someone please clarify the steps
    Please?

I'll also post a step by step guide as soon as I'll finish the process myself

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

This is a work in progress. Please feel free to submit your suggestions.

1) Disable quick boot:
    1.1) On your Omate TrueSmart go to "Settings" -> "System" -> "Accessibility"
    1.2) Scroll down and UNcheck "Quick Boot"

2) Install required software on your PC:
    2.1) Download "All Tools" archive and unpack it
    2.2) Open folder "All Tools" -> "0 Needed Files"
    2.3) Run "UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi"
    2.4) Open VCOM Drivers
    2.5) Run DPInst (64 or normal depends on your system)

3) Make a backup:
    3.1) Open "All Tools" -> "1 MtkDroidTools"
    2.1) Run MTKdroidTools.exe
    2.2) Connect Omate TrueSmart to PC (it should be turned on)
    2.3) Wait till all drivers will finish setting up (on the lower left corner you should see a green rectangle and text "TrueSmart" when Window will finish installation)
    2.4) Tab "Phone Information" -> Click button "IMEI/NVRAM"; Click "Backup"
    2.5) Go to "root,backup,recovery" tab
    2.6) Click "backup" button (this process will take a while)
    2.7) Optional: Agree to pack everything in the archive
    2.6) Close MTKdroidTools program;

4) Flash the firmware
    4.1) Download corresponding firmware archive and unpack it
    4.2) Open folder "All Tools" -> "2 SP Flash Tool"
    4.3) Run "flash_tool.exe"; don't mind the scatter file warning
    4.4) On "Download" tab click "Scatter-loading"
    4.5) Navigate to the folder with firmware (from step 4.2)
    4.6) Select file "MT6572_Android_scatter.txt"