I did a phone information dump hoping it would help anyone more knowledgeable than myself.
Hardware : MT6572
Model : TrueSmart
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
Build date UTC : 20140328-102943
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (user@user-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #14 SMP Thu Mar 13 18:04:17 CST 2014
Uboot build v : -----
LCD Driver IC : 1-s6d04d2x01
I have a few questions regarding flashing this:
1. I think I am Pre-May European 1/8. Is this correct?
2. If the answer to #1 is correct, do I flash the "EU 512/4 users or those with non-aluminum, non-May firmware units must click here unless you want to soft-brick your device"? I don't see a link specifically for EU 1/8 non-may firmware.
3. If the answer to #2 is correct, can anyone provide a link to that download? The link from Post #2 is dead.
4. After flashing this, do I need to install TWRP, or will it be included?
5. Do I need to do a separate backup for the IMEI? I have two backups of the nvram. One is in a .bin format and the other is in a .tar format.
Thanks a lot for any input. I've been waiting for this watch for a very long while, but I don't want to use it until I get it properly secured.