Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] 07.06 EnSec STOCK Secure + Root

OP kuronosan

10th December 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #431  
Thanks Meter: 4

93 posts
More
Finally got my TS 1/8 European developer addition (Only a year late, woo!). I got the drivers to install, and I successfully backed up my stock firmware. I also think I backed up my IMEI and Navram (Navram has a backup. I don't know if this includes IMEI), but the instructions have a link that leads to a missing thread.

I did a phone information dump hoping it would help anyone more knowledgeable than myself.

Hardware : MT6572
Model : TrueSmart
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
Build date UTC : 20140328-102943
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (user@user-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #14 SMP Thu Mar 13 18:04:17 CST 2014
Uboot build v : -----
LCD Driver IC : 1-s6d04d2x01

I have a few questions regarding flashing this:
1. I think I am Pre-May European 1/8. Is this correct?
2. If the answer to #1 is correct, do I flash the "EU 512/4 users or those with non-aluminum, non-May firmware units must click here unless you want to soft-brick your device"? I don't see a link specifically for EU 1/8 non-may firmware.
3. If the answer to #2 is correct, can anyone provide a link to that download? The link from Post #2 is dead.
4. After flashing this, do I need to install TWRP, or will it be included?
5. Do I need to do a separate backup for the IMEI? I have two backups of the nvram. One is in a .bin format and the other is in a .tar format.

Thanks a lot for any input. I've been waiting for this watch for a very long while, but I don't want to use it until I get it properly secured.
10th December 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #432  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 548

1,763 posts
Based on your kernel build alone you have a pre-May unit, so the answer would be yes. Flash only pre-May firmware. Also, you'll need to flash TWRP using mtk tools.

As far as the links, a few posts up are the new files. Sorry, I haven't updated the OP.

Your IMEI will most definitely need its own backup. MTK places this on a hidden partition which is easily corrupted during firmware flashes. Having a backup of the nvram and the imei is the only way to protect yourself, since they don't secure the partition.
10th December 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #433  

93 posts
More
Thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed that you posted a link for the pre-May kernel, but also said that there weren't any benefits from it. Is this why that link is not found when I click on it?

I see a link for TWRP for the may units, but I do not see one for pre-May units. Can I just download 2.7.1 from their website?
EDIT: Sorry. I see now that there is a .tar file for TWRP in the download.

I found a youtube clip showing how to backup the IMEI using the MTK droid tool, and I had done it correctly.

Thanks again
Last edited by LaDamian; 10th December 2014 at 09:17 AM.
10th December 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #434  

93 posts
More
I'm actually super confused now. I think I misread your answers at first.

I don't see any scatter files in the downloaded EU rom, you said the OP wasn't updated, and you mentioned that I will need TWRP.

Does this mean that the roms are only in a TWRP flashable zip? That would be great, but I'm scared I will flash a bad version of TWRP.

Is the "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-omatesmartwatch2.img" version correct for all watches at aren't post-May watches?
Can I just push it using adb instead of the mtk droid tool?

Thanks for all the hard work. Please let me know if I need to take these questions to another thread. I've spent a couple hours looking for the correct information, but a lot of the use of the MTK tools seems to be missing.
10th December 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #435  
OP Senior Member

1,763 posts
The answer to your question is yes. There's only one twrp image, the other was repackaged by me. Droid tool just pushes over adb for you.

If you're going to do it, push it to dev/recovery.
11th December 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #436  

93 posts
More
For some reason flashing the latest Pre-May zip is failing in TWRP. I get the following message:

assert failed: run_program ("/tmp/twrpTar", "-x", "-d", "system", "-t", "/tmp/system.tgz") == 0
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/internal_sd/EU PreMay- 07.06 EnSec.zip'
Error flashing zip 'internal_sd/EU PreMay- 07.06 EnSec zip'

and a little red "Failed" shows up on the screen.

This is all after a full wipe. I downloaded the update zip for a second time in case the first download was corrupt. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks
11th December 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #437  
OP Senior Member

1,763 posts
You don't have a 1GB RAM model. You have a 512MB model.

Go to the update script and change the install location from temp to sdcard/install.
11th December 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #438  

93 posts
More
Well, I finally got a rom installed thanks to you other awesome work. I had to install the "easy" method of your Retrosmart rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan

You don't have a 1GB RAM model. You have a 512MB model.

Go to the update script and change the install location from temp to sdcard/install.

I tried updating the script, but I could never get this to flash. I still don't know what was causing it. At first I assumed Omate had lied or screwed up once again, but according to an installed hardware info app, it does have a gig of ram. Hopefully I can figure this out in the future. This rom looks really great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-06-46.png
Views:	86
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	3058436  
Last edited by LaDamian; 12th December 2014 at 04:01 AM.
16th December 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #439  

93 posts
More
I was finally able to flash this rom after downgrading my version of TWRP from 2.7.1.0 to 2.7.0.0. No changes were needed in the installer script. I hope this helps anyone else that has trouble flashing this.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
16th December 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #440  
OP Senior Member

1,763 posts
Interesting. Good to hear.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread